***2013 Up Your Water Intake Challenge ***

Hello All! I'm new to LCHF. I definitely need to increase my water intake. I've been natural for 17 months and my hair is a little above my shoulders. I guess I have 4b/c type hair. It has grown tremendously but I have been going through a dry spell for some time now. I know it's my fault so I'm doing what I need to do to get back on the ball. Anywho, looking forward to this challenge with support and encouragement. My goal is 80 ounces (10 cups a day). I don't have a problem with drinking water but I don't drink enough. Good Luck with your goals everyone.

Babygrowth

I'm in! Add me please! I actually love water but ginger ale is my kryptonite. So I will buy me a 40 oz water jug. I need about 80 oz and when I drink those I will treat myself sometimes to a ginger ale. Other than that ale its been pure laziness smh...

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I am in, starting with 90oz daily.
I have a 32oz cup that I can use, 3 of those and I am good for the day.

ava2

I'm on an ice kick these days.

I've increased my water intake tremendously just by adding lots of ice*. I want to consume more glasses because of the ice... and lemon.

*This is at home. I make my own (distilled)

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I just spent the worst week of my life in excrutiating pain, 2 trips to the ER, and finally passing a kidney stone on Christmas Eve.

So, I'm in :grin:

According to my weight, I'm supposed to have 68ozs, but I think my goal will be 80ozs a day.

By summertime, I hope to up it to 100ozs :drunk:

MrsTimberlake omgoodness I'm glad you are feeling better now!

I've been drinking my 64oz consistently. I plan to up the ante soon. :yep:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Hello All! I'm new to LCHF. I definitely need to increase my water intake. I've been natural for 17 months and my hair is a little above my shoulders. I guess I have 4b/c type hair. It has grown tremendously but I have been going through a dry spell for some time now. I know it's my fault so I'm doing what I need to do to get back on the ball. Anywho, looking forward to this challenge with support and encouragement. My goal is 80 ounces (10 cups a day). I don't have a problem with drinking water but I don't drink enough. Good Luck with your goals everyone.

:welcome: to the board grantalston4! How often do you deep condition? Perhaps you can join that challenge to reduce the dryness as well. :yep:

MrsTimberlake

@MrsTimberlake
So sorry to hear that. My mom had to have her kidney stone(s) removed because it/they wouldn't pass so that keeps me somewhat motivated. Okay not enough as it should-, but I do keep it in the back of my mind.

@MrsTimberlake omgoodness I'm glad you are feeling better now!

I've been drinking my 64oz consistently. I plan to up the ante soon. :yep:

Thanks Ladies! I feel much better and I have drank my 80ozs today!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm in again. I did pretty well in 2012 but plan to do great in 2013! It has now become a habit to take my water bottle with me every time I leave the house, I don't want to ever be without my water. I also purchased an app for my iPhone to help me track my intake.

I weigh about 165 lbs so I plan to drink at least 80oz plus an additional 10-20 more ounces for my daily vitamin intake. So my goal is to intake 80 oz of water daily and maybe more when i'm out in extreme temperatures in the Summer months.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Honeytips

Definitely need to up my water intake!!
For 2013 I'm aiming to drink 2.5 litres a day. As I don't particularly like drinking plain water I'm going to add lemon/berries/etc to it to improve the taste. :yep:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Well, it's time to get this party started, if you haven't already. I don't know if I've already mentioned graduating to a 32 oz cup. My goal is 80 oz but with my 32 oz cups, I'm holding down 96 oz daily. Woot! Woot!

I'm on an ice kick these days.

I've increased my water intake tremendously just by adding lots of ice*. I want to consume more glasses because of the ice... and lemon.

*This is at home. I make my own (distilled).

OMGoodness! I LOVE ICE!!! I am such an ice head!!!! Unfortunately, I eat it. I love crushable ice and ice chips. Can't resist. I always worry about my iron levels when I start craving ice but, it's a constant love for me. I can't help myself. *salivating right now at the thought and heading to my freezer* (so strung out) :blush:

AvaSpeaks

Please add me to this list!

I have to start off with about 100 glasses :blush:

So that means about 10 glasses a day of 10 oz of water!

BUT

If I am doing what I need to do, then the amount should go down because my weight will :grin:

I will do daily check-ins.

apple_natural

I'm definitely in. I don't know how I'm going to go from like 8oz a day to 90oz, but uh that's apparently what I'm supposed to be doing. I could probably do 80 and not die, so that's my goal... Maybe I'll try 4 - 16oz bottles for one week, then go up to 5 a day... : )

fiyababygurl

Im up for it. Its my first time trying this challenge..New Year...why not?? i basically only drink water when i have a taste for it..i can barely get through one bottle a day. I like to drink it at room temperature..hate cold water unless its hot out. i am more of a juice/pop kinda girl. And I wonder why I'm breaking out and hair is at a standstill..lol. So how do i get started.

moniq

I have been lurking awhile and finally decided to pay my subscription. I figured this is an easy way to start posting. I am going to start with 40oz of water and 16oz of herbal tea with nothing added and increase from there. My goal is to have better hair moisture, lose a few pounds, and water is great for the skin.

Ijanei

Finally drinking my first bottle (20 oz) of water right now. Yuck! This is going to be a tough one. Trying to do it w/out the flavoring

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Happy New Year, Ladies!! *raises my glass of water*

I hope everyone that's in has thanked the first post. I'll be using that to make the challengers list tonight.

I also want to mention that I'm using the "Water Your Body" app for Android. I like it and it works pretty well for me. Well...there is this water being poured sound that's kinda loud and embarrassing when I'm out because I can't turn it down but, I'm used to it now. I recommend this app. If you've found an app that you like, please share so that we have options, please.

That said, I have 40 oz down already and fully intend to meet my goal tonight. :lick:

NJ11

I got started late today and only got in 17oz (of 64)...:spank:

I think I can get another 16 oz in before I hit the sheets....:rolleyes: