***2013 Up Your Water Intake Challenge ***

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I'm having some water now. ..granted it's because I've had a little too much wine.... but every little bit counts:look:

Guyaneek

Yay! I'm completely in again!!! I drink 4 bottles of water a day and each bottles are just over 17oz each. Thats about 68 oz per day and my weight fluctuates but always remains below 120lbs. Lets get it!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Yay! Now we've got a party going. I'll make the official Challenger's List by Jan 1st. In the meantime, please make sure you thank the original post, even if you've posted that you're in. I plan to make the Challenger's list by the "thanks".

There's plenty of room. If you're in, come on in and join us! :woohoo:

I'm having some water now. ..granted it's because I've had a little too much wine.... but every little bit counts:look:

:lol: I hear ya. Keep in mind, alcohol dehydrates so, you'll need XTRA water, Ma'am. That said, I think I'll need some extra water too because I'm about to get my Moscato on. :lol:

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Thanks for the tag.
I'm aiming for 48 ounces a day. That's 3 bottles of water: morning, afternoon and evening.

hannan

I'm in. I'd like to cut back on my non-water drinks too (juices and teas).

I think for now, I'll start off with 3 bottles @ 16 oz each daily and move up from there.

Last edited:

Pisceanprincess

I would like to join. I use to drink 90 oz per day. I want to get back to it. I'm starting with 64oz at work and hope to make the other 26 while at home. I go back to work on January 2.

nemi95

I"m in. I have to work my way up. I was drinking 8 glasses a day, but now it's more like 2:(

jesusislove1526

Im in. I will drink at least 128 oz [1 gallon] a day. I was doing this consistently before, so now I am going back to it. I use my 32 oz bottle, which I will fill up 4 times each day for drinking.

Inspiired

Drinking water works wonders, good luck everyone!

---- Because You're Worth It ;)
Pretty please vote for me for BGLH Icon of the Year :) http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/12/vote-for-the-2012-bglh-style-icon-of-the-year/ Also please read some more previous posts: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=591027 http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=622227 http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=656937 Length at October:
Jennifer :D www.bootyfurl.co.uk

WantNatural

Okay, I need to drink 70 oz of water a day. Still don't know how I'm going to do it. I'm not a big drinker of anything, actually. I'm going to have to work my way up. So from now until the end of January, my goal will be 36 oz a day. That's three cups at work or two glasses at home on the weekend. At the end of January I'll decide if I'm going to increase it a bit more of just go ahead and double it to my ultimate goal.

jessicarabbit

I'm in! I fell off pretty bad this year but I'll dedicate myself to this one, I promise :). I plan to drink 70 oz OR for plain bottles of water daily. I also plan to add lemon for detox and skin purposes

daviine

Okay, I need to drink 70 oz of water a day. Still don't know how I'm going to do it. I'm not a big drinker of anything, actually. I'm going to have to work my way up. So from now until the end of January, my goal will be 36 oz a day. That's three cups at work or two glasses at home on the weekend. At the end of January I'll decide if I'm going to increase it a bit more of just go ahead and double it to my ultimate goal.

This is me. But when I do drink anything it's usually water or herbal tea with no sugar. When I'm being a good girl-- I'll drink almond milk and/or a green smoothie too. I don't enjoy black tea anymore.

I dare not drink soda for fear I'll fall off the wagon. :nono:

Last edited:

MrsTimberlake

I just spent the worst week of my life in excrutiating pain, 2 trips to the ER, and finally passing a kidney stone on Christmas Eve.

So, I'm in :grin:

According to my weight, I'm supposed to have 68ozs, but I think my goal will be 80ozs a day.

By summertime, I hope to up it to 100ozs :drunk:

Angelicus

This past month, I started paying more attention to my water intake. I don't do challenges but I am definitely going to be drinking half my body weight from now on-- not just for the hair and overall health, but for my face too. Thank you.

daviine

I just spent the worst week of my life in excrutiating pain, 2 trips to the ER, and finally passing a kidney stone on Christmas Eve.

So, I'm in :grin:

According to my weight, I'm supposed to have 68ozs, but I think my goal will be 80ozs a day.

By summertime, I hope to up it to 100ozs :drunk:
@MrsTimberlake
So sorry to hear that. My mom had to have her kidney stone(s) removed because it/they wouldn't pass so that keeps me somewhat motivated. Okay not enough as it should-, but I do keep it in the back of my mind.

Day one for me...its 1:49 pm and i have yet to drink a single oz of anything. Baaaah!

@mallysmommy
Well-- this thread is for 2013, so you're not really doing that badly. :look:
Actually--I'm the same way--I get a late start most days.

We can do this though! :yep:

Last edited:

EmpressVirgo

I'm in. My goal is to be consistent with 96 oz a day. My skin shows a dramatic difference within a few days if I go off track.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I'm in I've never had a problem consuming water before, but lately I've hit rock bottom. I think I've been only consuming 1liter per day. So my goal is to consume 3-4 liters per day.

Seamonster

This is right on time for me. I start the year with a three day detox. This year I want to permently increase my water intake. I often fall off the wagon. Everytime I see this thread, it reminds me to drink my water.

Goal: 96 oz, going to start with 64 oz and hopefully work my way up.
Schedule
32 oz three times a day by the end of the year