2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Cool. I'd like a buddy. Currently at 9 weeks post. Won't relax until 11 weeks. My overall goal right now is relaxing every 11-13 weeks, so I will be relaxing around January 26. Currently at BSL. Also doing a no cutting challenge and a challenge on LHCF for longer hair this year.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Loving, pelohello,

Can I buddy up with you too? I'm relaxing this weekend too. My last relaxer was October 10th, exactly twelve weeks ago. I plan to stretch for another 12 weeks before relaxing again. I definitely have to get a trim because my ends are looking horrible. I just want to get my hair back healthy.

The more the merrier!! I just got my linange netralizing conditioner, so I am def relaxing this weekend. Wish me luck!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Brwnbeauti

I need a buddy!!!!

I relaxed 12/5 so I'm almost 4 weeks post.
I usually stretch 10-12 weeks...but my hair is NOT happy with me right now and I NEED to make bsl by the summer.....My hair is shaped in that horrid v shape (my sides never grow at the same rate as the back) and my tip is touching the top of my bra strap.....
I probably need to totally revamp my regimen, RETAIN RETAIN RETAIN!
I'm not sure how long I'll stretch this time, I usually go by when my hair says NO MAS!
I relax with Silk elements lye with shea butter.....

If you don't have one yet, I'll be glad to be your buddy

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Evolving78

i'll be 7 weeks post in a few days. i plan on going for 12 weeks. my goal is 10-12 weeks. since i have switched to no-lye, i'm not under processed anymore and can gauge when i need to touch up better.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Hey Cattypus1 how long will your next stretch be? I'm planning to relax at 12 weeks post around 1/25. Long stretches and my fine strands and low-med density is not a good mix.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm thinking my reg is going to be 12 weeks. I felt like my hair needed the long stretch for babying. I learned some stuff and found my staples. I'm planning on relaxing 1/20 so I'll be 5 days ahead of you. Wanna buddy-up?

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm thinking my reg is going to be 12 weeks. I felt like my hair needed the long stretch for babying. I learned some stuff and found my staples. I'm planning on relaxing 1/20 so I'll be 5 days ahead of you. Wanna buddy-up?

Cattypus1 let's do it!! I really enjoyed being your relaxer buddy before!! I found all my staples too do I'm on cruise control now.

Hairroots

I'd like a buddy! - I'll be 12 weeks post on Saturday looking to relax sometime between 16 and 20 weeks (Goal Date of March 2) this will be huge for me because previously the longest I stretched was 14 weeks.

GrowAHead I would like to be your buddy. I'll be 19 weeks this Saturday. My goal is 28 weeks. I will be relaxing March 9th. I enjoy long stretches.

Babygrowth

I would like a buddy! I was texlaxed but I'm now bone straight. I relaxed December 15thish and will relax again in April. I use Silk elements shea butter no base relaxer! Stretching on texlaxed hair was easy for me because the two textures were similar; this will be my first stretch on bone straight hair.

I'm going for 16wks but may go up to 18wks. Anything past 20 and I will be underprocessed and going crazy.

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
KiWiStyle. Yay! I have a buddy! If I remember correctly, you helped me through a rough patch early in my stretch. Glad we're buddies again!

Cattypus1 so is the QB still working for you? I love all her products and stocked up during the BF Sales. OMGoodness, your hair is going to be so long and thick when you do finally relax! How long are you estimating your hair will be?

Ms. Tiki

OK divachyk I have to work on moisture this week. I dyed using a semi perm red and it dried the mess out of my hair. Plus, my scalp has the itches.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
@Nix08 yes we are buds! I'll be 2 weeks post tomorrow. Going for 18 weeks so I got you for 10 weeks! :yay:

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

:yay: I am thinking I'll try to stretch one more time...I was coming out underprocessed BUT I think I've figured out why so we'll see how long I go:grin: I may be with you for 16:shock:

venusfly

I'm 13 weeks post. Hoping to hang in there until January 30th/16 weeks but I don't know if I can make it...I might relax before then.

sunnieb

Nix08 - Woohoo! Glad you're in for the long haul! I never thought I'd be able to go 18 weeks, but baddison sneakily challenged me to do it. :giggle:

Funny thing is that it was really hard around 14-15 weeks, but after that, it got easy. It's was like my hair just decided to behave. I also found that Wen Fig is my staple product to help me stretch. Finding a product(s) that works for your hair in that late stretch phase is crucial.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
sunnieb yes....I found that my steamer really helps as I get stretching...and I'm getting lazy to relax as well:yep: Before when I would stretch I would come out underprocessed but I've found with my last relaxer that if I reduce the protein that I use on my ng close to TU time then I'm good:yep: We'll see if I'm singing the same tune in a few weeks:look:

sunnieb

@Nix08 - I think I posted this somewhere before.....

I realized that I've slowly been using less and less protein. My hair just doesn't need it. Right now I think I only do around 1 protein treatment a month. I used to do them weekly.

Did you see the before and after pics I posted in the last buddy thread? My 18 weeks' worth of newgrowth was GONE! :lol:

Last edited:

baddison

natural for good
@Nix08 - Woohoo! Glad you're in for the long haul! I never thought I'd be able to go 18 weeks, but @baddison sneakily challenged me to do it. :giggle:

Funny thing is that it was really hard around 14-15 weeks, but after that, it got easy. It's was like my hair just decided to behave. I also found that Wen Fig is my staple product to help me stretch. Finding a product(s) that works for your hair in that late stretch phase is crucial.

@sunnieb Nix08

:grin:...yeah...my hair and I have a mutual understanding. She promises to stop shedding as long as I promise to keep the moisture coming! Most of us already know that the key to a nice long stretch is keeping the DMZ nice and moisturized, and low manipulation. Once I get past 8 weeks, I begin to spritz my roots once a day with Shea Moisture Hibiscus/Cocunut Moisture Mist. THis thing truly works wonders on dry thirsty roots.

I can say with confidence that I have mastered stretching for MY hair. I'm so confident, I'm considering 6month stretches in the near future - perhaps for 2014!!

Last edited:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
sunnieb Yes I did see the pics:grin: Perfection:yep: I was afraid that it was my technique or the relaxer that I was using but now that I've figured it out..i'm going to join you and baddison - although 6 months is crazy talk:giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.