2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs.reese

I want to join!
I am getting a virgin relaxer next week after 4.5 years of being natural. I have about 17 inches of natural hair right now.

Can I be buddies with Kim0105?:yep:

DominicanBrazilian82

Hey ladies! Currently nine weeks post, relaxing at 20 weeks. This will be my second successful 20 week stretch. I relax with Linange Lye Relaxer and it texlaxes my hair (which I love).

sharifeh

sunnieb

I'm good, I really like the phytospecific relaxer even though i feel my hair is a little limp. My hair doesn't smell like relaxer. Love it. I think I'm gonna stick with it even though it's so pricey.
I haven't washed yet, I'm not even one week post yet. Ya'll need to be on top of me to relax at about 10 weeks. I feel like stretching wreaks havoc on my ends.

I'm planning to trim the rest of my see through ends probably after my first wash. :ohwell:

I'm trying for lower manipulation this time around.

25Nona

bign__17 - I self relax with Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp and I lolve it!

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Thanks for this Sunnieb for the response. QQ - do you use sensitive scalp because your scalp is actually sensitive or because it is milder. I ask because I am wondering if I should go with sensitive scalp or just regular. Precise according to the box was a mild formula.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Guinan

Re-Branding
I need a buddy:drunk:

I will be self-relaxing for the 1st time this weekend, 1/5/13! I am also using a new relaxer (Linange Shea Butter Texturizer) and switching from No-Lye to Lye. I am currently 26wks post. I don't think I will stretch that long this year. So after this weekend my next relaxer will be 4/5/13. I will be stretching for 13wks.

longhairdreaming

mrs.reese :yay: virgin relaxers! I'm waiting on everything-my ApHogee 2 Step Protein Treatment, Linange Shea Butter relaxer(lye) and neutralizing conditioner, Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner and Elasta QP Stop Action Neutralizing shampoo as well as a few other things. I'm overseas so it takes a bit :sad:

Jobwright

I am currently 7 weeks post. Trying to make it to March. We will see. My goal is to get healthier, thicker hair. My mere growth over the past 6 months has been much better but my ends are so thin. I anyone wants to help me, and I help you stay on track to stretch to longer, healthier, thicker hair, let me know. 4A I guess and NL.

APL 2013, BSL 2013

sunnieb

Welcome to all the newbies, former lurkers, and virgin relaxers!

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm in...I'm ending a 6-month stretch on Jan 20th. QuirkyDimples we were buddies from 2012...I know you just relaxed...we still buddies?

APL
Texlaxed
Next Relaxer: Jan 20, 2013

Hey Cattypus1 how long will your next stretch be? I'm planning to relax at 12 weeks post around 1/25. Long stretches and my fine strands and low-med density is not a good mix.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I need a buddy!

I'll be 10 weeks post on Friday and plan to stretch between 12-14 weeks depending on how well Detangling goes. If I relax at 12 weeks that should put my relaxer date around 1/25.

MY STATS:
- APL
- 10 weeks post (on Friday 1/4).
- I'm relaxed with a little texture but not texlaxed.
- Relax every 12-14 weeks.
- My stylist uses Nairobi Pamper Relaxer
- Relaxer Date: 1/25 OR 2/1

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

klsjackson

I want a buddy!! I'm 1 week post, stretching 12 weeks so I'll probably relax sometime mid March..just got a heating cap a few weeks ago to up my DC game and hopefully I'll make full shoulder length by June

Hi there, I would like to have a buddy. :yep:

I relaxed one week ago as well on Dec 26th. I normally stretch 10 weeks, but I think I could do 12. I'm 4 a/b, fine strands. I self-relax with ORS normal strength.

crlsweetie912

I need a buddy!!!!

I relaxed 12/5 so I'm almost 4 weeks post.
I usually stretch 10-12 weeks...but my hair is NOT happy with me right now and I NEED to make bsl by the summer.....My hair is shaped in that horrid v shape (my sides never grow at the same rate as the back) and my tip is touching the top of my bra strap.....
I probably need to totally revamp my regimen, RETAIN RETAIN RETAIN!
I'm not sure how long I'll stretch this time, I usually go by when my hair says NO MAS!
I relax with Silk elements lye with shea butter.....

TheVioletVee

I am currently 7 weeks post. Trying to make it to March. We will see. My goal is to get healthier, thicker hair. My mere growth over the past 6 months has been much better but my ends are so thin. I anyone wants to help me, and I help you stay on track to stretch to longer, healthier, thicker hair, let me know. 4A I guess and NL.

APL 2013, BSL 2013

Jobwright I'll be your buddy!

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using LHCF

sunnieb

bign__17 I think I've determined that my scalp is made of cement since I've never had a relaxer burn.

However, Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp is the relaxer my stylist used and it always worked well for me. The last time I went to her, she switched to Affirm lye and my hair was like straw. I decided then to self relax and to go back to what I know my hair likes. :yep:

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Kim0105

I would like to join :yep:! I'll be getting a virgin relaxer as soon as my products arrive in the next 2-3 weeks.
Kim0105 can we be hair buddies :look:?

Yay a buddy! Hopefully you'll get your products soon. I'm getting some products to try that should be here next but I'm all set for my relaxer on Saturday.

Kim0105

I want to join!
I am getting a virgin relaxer next week after 4.5 years of being natural. I have about 17 inches of natural hair right now.

Can I be buddies with Kim0105?:yep:

I'd love to buddy up with you. Can't wait to see your hair. I have about 6 inches after chopping it off last year. I had a challenging pregnancy and just couldn't deal with my hair especially since I had my daughter's hair to take care of too.

GrowAHead

I'd like a buddy! - I'll be 12 weeks post on Saturday looking to relax sometime between 16 and 20 weeks (Goal Date of March 2) this will be huge for me because previously the longest I stretched was 14 weeks.

Sanity

Cosmetologist
I want to be back in for this year!! @shortdub78. Are we buddies again this year??

I am Relaxed and 5 weeks post!
currently in micro braids!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LHCF excuse any typos do not use my photos please!!!

Last edited:

nickpoopie

Loving, pelohello,

Can I buddy up with you too? I'm relaxing this weekend too. My last relaxer was October 10th, exactly twelve weeks ago. I plan to stretch for another 12 weeks before relaxing again. I definitely have to get a trim because my ends are looking horrible. I just want to get my hair back healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.