2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Hey Ladies!!! I decided that I will wait till January to get my weave installed. I figure that I willl get my touch-up then wait a week or 2 then Get the weave. I want to PS with taking the Nioxin Intensive Rechage Vitamins. So I can get maximum results.

NewHairWOWeave, I wish I was good at taking a vitamin :nono: I stink!

BUT.... I will try, especially since I am breaking down my braids every 2 weeks :yep:

JJamiah I was bad at taking vitamins because I have a very bad memory and have soo much to do. But I learned in a pharmacology class that drugs have a half life and becuase of that remnants of the drug/vitamin remains in your system for about a day or so after you take them. So there is no reason to take a vitamin EVERYDAY. To remedy my bad memeory I began by first putting the vitamins in my face, @ eye level so that I see them, so when I see them it reminds me to take them.

I think I just hate taking pills :giggle: BUT....................... I am going to keep them by my toothbrush and take them. I need to finish them up the time of expiration is 1 year and five months away and I have quite a few bottles :yep:

Thanks so much @Evallusion NewHairWOWeave

I just took one so far today I have several more to go :) :look: I am starting off small :lachen:

What's helped me with my mulit-vitamin, is leaving them on the kitchen counter & taking the gummy version - they're delicious!

^^^Gummy versions are both delicious :lick: and dangerous! I forget they're vitamins and that I need to watch my intake, I just want to keep eating them :lachen:.

@KurlyNinja, how do you keep it looking so neat? I wish I didn't have to retouch my buns daily (it starts to fuzz after the first day). I need to learn the tricks of the trade.

Ms_CoCo37 Water, castor oil and a scarf. Castor oil has been like my savior. It keeps moisture in my hair and it makes it soft. As well as it helps to keep my hair from tangling.

I want to join. This will be hardddd for me. I hate protective styles, but I want to baby my ends. I'll be using twists, I might consider Senegalese twists if i can't take my three strands. I

Thanks for adding me. I bun almost all the time but I think this challenge will help. I'll add my starting pic after Christmas.

If you don't like your position, change it. You are not a tree!

I want to join. Been wigging, bunning for the last 6 months and LOVE the thickness. I'm transitioning - trimming permed ends!

I am def going to be looking at you ladies for style inspirations! I have been wearing my hair in braids under a beanie with just my bang out but I will def do more sales now that finals are over!!! I'm going to start this a little early.... I'm really looking forward to this! My first hair challenge!! I hope they have a 2012 steaming challenge too! Hoping to get one for xmas!

Curly Lee, I have added your name to the list. Welcome to the challenge!:grin:

MrsIQ, buns are perfect for this challenge. I will be putting the starting pix thread up after we do our 2011 reveal later this month (Dec. 31st).

ProductJunkie, I'm glad you chose the HYH challenge to be your first challenge.:grin: The ladies in this challenge are really helpful when it comes to sharing new styles, wigs, etc.:yep:

Back