2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Ms. Tiki

I'm so glad we are a week away. I don't really have a strong desire to wear my hair out but I don't want to be limited b/c I'm in a challenge. This is my last go at formally HYH. I've made a lot of progress for sure

Ms_CoCo37

JJamiah, thanks J, you always know what to say and I truly appreciate you for it. I'm just taking it one day at a time.

You are truly a professional HYHer. :)

@Ms_CoCo37 :) :bighug: thanks for running this challenge as long as you did. :)

I personally am not joining the next challenge even though I will be hiding for most. I plan to wear it straight for a week or two :giggle:
we all know how my plans fail. I haven't wore it straight in a minute or out :nono:
Curlformers don't count LOL

HUH, HOpe all is well with you. In Maya's Words I so dearly hold on too "And this too shall pass" I promise it will.

JJamiah

Anytime my friend.

I just came from the supermarket, one of the football mom's was there. She said "you always have a different hair style every time I see you, and they look so nice."
I turned to the Mr. and was like, I hear that a lot. I am starting to believe it. :giggle:

At least they say it looks nice :) I just didn't realize how people notice. Duh, I know. But I don't really do it for people to notice. I just like to look presentable.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Ms_CoCo37
Thanks!

I'm in aggreement w/ some of the other ladies...my last HYH challenge. I want to wear my hair out more as well. At least a week or 2 after a fresh relaxer & PS until my next one. I enjoy these types of challenges tho because they work!

Can't wait to see progress pics ladies!

ojemba

Ms_CoCo37 thank you so much. I LOVE my natural hair, I'm sooo happy that I decided to BC and wear my hair natural. I've been having a challenge keeping in PS because I start missing my hair. I never felt that way when I was relaxed. I am going to challenge myself to continue hiding for another 6 months for sure. I grew my relaxed hair to close to MBL by doing that and I'm determined to get to BSL in 2 years. I know I can, I know I can!!!

Hope you decide to continue this challenge... SIGN ME UP!!

@ojemba, Gorgeous! I love your hair!

Seamonster

One week until reveal time, since I am in the no heat challenge, I really don't have anything to reveal. But at Year end I hope to do my first flat iron with the maxi glide I purchased in the exchange.

Had been redoing mini twist each week, but I am thinking of just cornrowing until reveal time

Oh, funny hide your hair story I haven't been able to do wigs or weaves, but I think that covering the hair increases growth, so I got the brilliant idea to start wearing scarfs. Just tied up kinda like a turban, and sometimes a few pieces in the back would fall out. I can hardly type this out, it is so funny to me. Anyway, I noticed I started getting a lot of play from Middle eastern, and East africans. They got really friendly, and I was happy about that. One day a Indian Muslim asked me how long I had been religious, :lachen::shocked:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I joined this challenge but haven't checked-in in a long time. I have consistently hid my hair since January because I don't like my hair down anymore. I do plan to do a length check on June 30th, so I'll see you guys in a few days!!

My old screen name is Kiwi74, which is on the challengers list.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ojemba

End of this challenge, on with the next.

My first PS

image-394853226.jpg

image-3682254598.jpg

Attachments

• image-87764358.jpg
    image-87764358.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 28

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
ojemba said:

My first PS

ojemba,
I agree with the previous poster. Your braids are gorgeous!! If I knew someone in the Chicago area that braid like this, I would get them in a heartbeat!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

brg240

My first PS

View attachment 157015

View attachment 157019
ojemba
:drool: ohmygosh! you and your hair are so gorgeous. I can not. Someone gave me a flyer for an african braiding place yesterday, your hair makes me want to call them up. Sadly I'm saving my money currently :(

hmm i haven't been consistant with this challenge like i have been in the past. :nono: I've probably wore my hair out like 30 days. :blush: oops

but it's so hot, i'll probably ps this whole summer. I want either braids or twists.

lamaria211

brg240 said:
ojemba
:drool: ohmygosh! you and your hair are so gorgeous. I can not. Someone gave me a flyer for an african braiding place yesterday, your hair makes me want to call them up. Sadly I'm saving my money currently :(

hmm i haven't been consistant with this challenge like i have been in the past. :nono: I've probably wore my hair out like 30 days. :blush: oops

but it's so hot, i'll probably ps this whole summer. I want either braids or twists.

Wow I love ur braids:)

JJamiah

One week until reveal time, since I am in the no heat challenge, I really don't have anything to reveal. But at Year end I hope to do my first flat iron with the maxi glide I purchased in the exchange.

Had been redoing mini twist each week, but I am thinking of just cornrowing until reveal time

Oh, funny hide your hair story I haven't been able to do wigs or weaves, but I think that covering the hair increases growth, so I got the brilliant idea to start wearing scarfs. Just tied up kinda like a turban, and sometimes a few pieces in the back would fall out. I can hardly type this out, it is so funny to me. Anyway, I noticed I started getting a lot of play from Middle eastern, and East africans. They got really friendly, and I was happy about that. One day a Indian Muslim asked me how long I had been religious, :lachen::shocked:

:giggle:

I tell you with a tan and my hair pulled straight, I get the what kind of indian are you. :look: and I get it a lot from indian men. One man called his friends because I denied it and then the friend asked the same question. I just felt like confessing east indian just because they made me feel like i was lying. LOL

Ms_CoCo37

Hi Ladies! Sorry for coming on here so late in the day. I'm at a two day assembly this weekend. I'm going to through up a quick reveal thread so you ladies can start posting your pix. Can't wait to see your beautiful progress! :)