2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I must not really be a Christian or whatever because if I was I wouldn't feel like I'm about to take a pistol to the temple because I feel overly so overwhelmed. One can be grateful that things aren't far worst but still be in reality of what is their life.

Kristen, the voice that is speaking to you is a liar and there is no truth in him. It is the same spirit that tried to convince Jesus to jump from the pinnicle (highest part of a temple). That lying voice did not stop Jesus from being whom He was...the Son of God. In like manner the lying voice speaking to you cannot stop you from being whom you are, a daughter of God.

I'm calling this spirit out and exposing him for the liar that he is. Do not listen to it; you know God's Word, it is not foreign to you. Jesus said, 'My Sheep know my voice and the voice of the stranger they will not follow'. Jesus never said that we would not hear the voice of the 'liar', but He did say that we would know the difference and not follow what it says. Honey you are well aware of the difference and you will not follow the lying spirit of satan, who seeks to kill, steal and to destroy.

This lyiing spirit is seeking to take advantage of your hurts which have yet to be healed and for you to yet be set free from. And you will be set free, ALIVE and walking this earth being used mightily of God to help set others free. This is what that lying voice is trying to stifle; satan is out to stop you from what God has called you to do, which is far more powerful because of the deep wounds of your hurtful past.

Get past this. Get through this, Get over this. And you shall for you can and will do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

This is not a lecture and if I'm downing anyone, it's the devil, the enemy of your soul and not you. Never fear the devil, he's not God and cannot do anything to harm you nor stop you from yielding your all to the Lord.

Get up, allow the Holy Spirit to guide your heart to the right path of your deliverance. And please know that we all have been and/or have need of deliverance from something in this life, for it' is just that... it is life. So please do not feel singled out in weakness. All of us are weak which is why we have Jesus.

May I please recommend that you seek a good, qualified, certified, clinical therapist? God has someone that He has raised up for you to bring you to closure of your past and set you on the path to sure healing.

You are so loved here. So many are praying for you. I know of one particular member who has literally taken you into her heart and she is constantly in prayer and fasting for you. She loves you just that much and more as her little sister. Soon she will be sending you a PM. Please be strong. Each time I see those words being posted, the enemy is exposed; his lyiing spirit is recognized. The devil is a liar, there is no truth in him. Because of this, you shall not die but live and live unto the glory of the Lord.

:bighug:

divya

GoddessMaker...

This world, this life...is temporary! Do not despair! Don't give up. Time will pass and one day you WILL enter that Holy City! There will be no more stress, heartache, pain, murder, fear! Fight the good fight through this life. Christ is coming with His reward for YOU! Don't ever think to take your life because you are soon to get a new one in a perfect world!

Pleae hold on with all of us. We will make it together! :bighug:

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

@GoddessMaker...

This world, this life...is temporary! Do not despair! Don't give up. Time will pass and one day you WILL enter that Holy City! There will be no more stress, heartache, pain, murder, fear! Fight the good fight through this life. Christ is coming with His reward for YOU! Don't ever think to take your life because you are soon to get a new one in a perfect world!

This is an encouraging post, divya!

Nice Lady

I am happy everyone stepped up to help GoddessMaker. Yeah, you can't do it alone...Get help from a Christian therapist. But, also, the next time that happens re-examine what you were thinking about during the day? When those thoughts come into your mind, immediately rebuke them...

You are needed here on earth and your time is far from over....Plus, your story is not over.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
December 18

II Corinthians 4:17
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. (New King James Version)

God has always been in the gift exchange business. He takes your labor and heavy laden experience and gives you an easy yoke and a light burden. How many of you would consider your trials the equivalent of light affliction? And, even more than that, it certainly doesn't seem momentary. When we're in the midst of affliction, it feels like forever! The important thing in this verse is also the important thing in your Christian life. The attention shouldn't be on the temporary, but on the eternal. The focus shouldn't be on the visible, but on the invisible. What you're enduring right now doesn't compare to what God will reveal in you later. All things work, all things work together, all things work together for good. This thing happening now will one day give way to something glorious that will never end. Your trials are driving you into the presence of the glorious One. This verse makes you see a scale where the affliction rises in comparison to the weight of the glory. Nothing bad compares to the good coming your way.

Elder S R Henderson, Associate Pastor
The Rock Baptist Church

luthiengirlie

YHWH.. You are helping me remember who I was before the rape.. and the crazy... how excited i was about life.. how excited I was about YOU... i want to cry.... I can't believe that I was ever that in peace with YOU.. I want that back.... I want US back at the intensity that we used to have

Nice Lady

Lord, I am minding my business. I wanna help. Yet, I am going to shut off my considerate nature for now and follow my intuition.

The Christmas message shines brightly and clearly. Thanks for making us rulers and causing us to reign in life because of our big brother JESUS:

"Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

LifeafterLHCF

Thank all of you ladies for you kind words. I speak figuratively alot. I couldn't do anything of the drastic because it cost too much.

I'm noticing such a huge trend in thoughts. I feel like I'm figuratively strangling the life out of myself. Everyone around me says you are too hard on yourself but I don't understand how not to. It's like if I want a good life I have to do it. I can't wait on God or anyone for that matter to bring about my own happiness. I don't have lack of faith of God's capabilities but more so if he would. I see so many who work hard and aren't anywhere near goal. I don't want to be sorry my whole life. I know somewhere someone would be happy with my life. However there are too many folks in my sight that have the life I desire and if I have to die literally to get I will. I don't want this meager life anymore. It's boring and sad and it truly can't motivate anyone. I don't want my start to carry over to my end.

Time to fall back here and focus on getting some things in order. If you want something you have to be willing to push and use what has already been given.

Iwanthealthyhair67

trust me he wants the same thing...

YHWH.. You are helping me remember who I was before the rape.. and the crazy... how excited i was about life.. how excited I was about YOU... i want to cry.... I can't believe that I was ever that in peace with YOU.. I want that back.... I want US back at the intensity that we used to have

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
He heard my cry and pitied every groan, long as I live I'll hasten to his throne.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
GoddessMaker...

This is an encouraging post, divya!

:amen: Very encouraging and from the heart.

Shimmie

Staff member

Precious Love, luthiengirlie... You will indeed have that peace again. What the enemy has stolen it will be restored 7-fold.

Blackpearl1993

I found this online and it is a timely message that I wanted to share:

Our children walk in a dangerous world. They get into all kinds of mischief, often soberly and intentionally. Some think, "Well, this is who they are." Or, "It is their choice in life." That is the common reality.

But the mother who has holy ideals for her offspring, the mother who seeks and strives to see them walking a well-lit heavenly path, will not accept any of the bad.

This kind of mother does not pray dry prayers. She does not pray by rote or through cold, generalizations. Her prayers are heartfelt and comfortingly urgent. They are specific and precious. Yet they come not from her own mind. . .

A Mother in a lukewarm state, cannot utter solemn prayers. She is incapable because she is full of "self" in her normal state of human nature. But the mother who takes one little step towards a holy life, such as spending a morning in bible reading, poring over the hymn book, or raptly listening to a godly sermon, has the most humble, heartbreaking prayers coming from her soul.

These kinds of prayers touch the Master.

Can you just image what would happen if we truly understood verses like this:

"For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright." (Psalm 11:7)

Imagine the feeble efforts of the mother saints, with humble hearts seeking God. Imagine Heaven's light of glory, and joy, shining on them and bringing them the beauty and awe just like Moses when he came off from the Mount after spending time with God. He needed a veil because the glory of the Lord, which he had been sitting by and warming his soul, had been so strong that it brought fear and trembling to onlookers.

Imagine if we never settled for the reality we see before us. Imagine if we refused to accept sin and wrong paths in our children. Imagine if we went to our Heavenly Father, warmed ourselves in his holy presence and constantly begged him for regeneration and sanctification in our own lives and in those of our children.

Oh, what a Godly Generation this would bring!

Nice Lady

There is no running or hiding from God. On another note, God is always there for His children:
I can never escape from your Spirit!
I can never get away from your presence!
If I go up to heaven, you are there;
if I go down to the grave,you are there.
If I ride the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me.

Laela

December 19

Romans 13:2
Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. (English Standard Version)

Yes we live in a free country where the government officials are said to be public servants. Many of us believe we decide who does what and for how long. God says He sets up some and sets down others. Look at it like this: churches believe they vote in leaders. Actually God does the calling, the assigning, and the ordaining. Then, He allows us to pretend we had the power. Throughout the entire Old Testament, God would raise up leaders to be a tool of blessing or a tool of chastisement. I happen to believe the entire world functions according to the rapport God's people have with Him. And actually, if you look at the message of Christ to the churches is Revelation, He always talked about their condition first before talking about what the enemies of the gospel were up to. It really doesn't matter what unbelievers are doing. When the Son of man comes, will He find faith on the earth? When we resist delegated authority, we resist the One that delegated the authority too. No one has ever gotten away with snubbing God.

Elder S R Henderson, Associate Pastor
The Rock Baptist Church

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
RT #1: Giving of what we have does not diminish us. Bread that is shared is multiplied so that all may partake with a surplus left over. The Lord gives us not merely the power to possess, but to multiply, spread, stir up, increase in the lives of those around us.

RT #2: "Restore" is a great word to look up in a concordance. :yep:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Please tell me someone else sees that ad to the right with a picture of a man, with the text: "Aged 25-44? Long-haired? Our Christian singles in your area love long hair! Christiancafe.com"

:laugh:

LifeafterLHCF

I'm venting but there are some core things here. If it's not holy sweet just ignore me.

In 2013 I may really have to consider walking away from Christianity. It has been something I grapple with alot. I find it the most restrictive thing in my life. I feel I can't truly be me and florish while under this weight. I know they say in the Word this his yoke is easy and burden light but I find it the complete opposite.

Maybe I'm just too sinful to be a christian or something. I remember when I was younger I would cleave to the word after being beaten and having a black eye. The many nights of being told you were worthless piece of something I would repeat Psalms 30:5 over and over til I fell asleep. Now I can't even pick up a bible nor even desire to pray for self. I can sincerely encourage others but I can't do that for my own. I believe God can do all but will he. Will I ever be pleasing enough to get the husband or get the right career or to lose the weight or to just be able to live without so much ugliness.

I write here only because I need to get this off my mind and it's easier to type then write at work. I know all the cute little sayings and the scriptures but it seems like it never really applies to me. I'm told to worry less pray more and to know someone is having it far worst. Is that suppose to make me feel better to know someone is having a enen more jacked up time than me? It doesn't. It doesn't make me feel more grateful it makes me feel even worst because I'm not in a position to help them more because I have to think how am I going to pay bills,how I am going to try to keep the 2 little people of family I have ok.

I'm thankful for the few here who have texted me to make sure I'm ok. It's sombering and is helping me not to denounce God because I wouldn't be able to believe in anything else if I did. I'm not depressed as I know I have in the past but I'm angry. Maybe my anger will be the fuel to get me where I want to be. I just can't with this state.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Father my heart is full and heavy, but I will not lean to the arms of my flesh and be distracted by what I see or what I've heard or even by what I feel...

I command my mind body emotions and my will to bless you and to look up because my help comes from you, my trust is in you, my hope is in you....Father, God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and MY God have mercy, give ear unto my pleas, harken onto my cries and answer me...

Laela

Random Thought:
God is Good all the time, and all the time, God is Good. Nothing but Good comes from Him and I am grateful and praise Him today for His Mercy and Grace; for saving lives and for those who stand in the gap, despite what is going on in this off-beat world. Have mercy Father, Have mercy....

LucieLoo12

He holds me,
He tells me that I am beautiful,
He never lets me down,
He always wants to talk to me,
He always give me His undivided attention,
He is never to busy for me,
He tells me all day that he loves me,
He always know how to put a smile on my face,
He knows what I am thinking and I don't have to say a word,
He wakes me up to talk to Him in the middle of the night
He wipes my tears away,
He comforts me,
He takes the pain away,
He always wants the best for me
He will never leave me nor forsake me,
He will never hurt me
He is always watching over me
He is in love with me
He is the love of my life

His name is......

Jesus Christ......:rosebud:

Haddasah

Wondering how to tell a relative that he shouldn't get married to his fiance in June...don't want to cause trouble and really don't want him to let her know why I don't think they have sought God's counsel in their decision to marry....sigh