2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Nice & Wavy

@Laela...

I want to share something about you that has always taught me about love and forgiveness.

When my Mom was ill, it was a hard, draining and tearful time for me and my family. There was so much going on that I had a headache every single day and it began to 'show' in many of my posts. There were several posts where things that I said were offensive and I snapped at you several times. I misjudged you and I didn't even care. That's how tired and frustrated I was from having to deal with my family (i.e. it was one of my sisters in real life).

Laela, when my Mom passed away, @Nice & Wavy and @pebbles were right there with me (via phone) as I was enroute to the hospital where they were trying to revive my mom and as I sat in the family waiting room when they pronounced my mom's passing. They supported me throughout the entire process. I was 'good' with them from the jump so it was easy for me to be 'nice' to them.

Yet YOU, the one that I was unkind to, you cared so much that you put aside all that I had done, and you never missed a moment of Ministering to me in that time of grieving. You sent me messages, you emailed me at home, you sent prayers, ecards, and messages of encouragement and never once did you remind me of how badly I had behaved towards you.

When I was away from this forum for serveral months, during that time, you continued to communicate the Love of Jesus, the Love of a Sister, the Love of a Dear and Trusted Friend.

You are the Art and the Beauty of Forgiveness. A true lesson that I learned from the heart of Jesus Christ through you. I can't imagine how much love it would have taken to forgive my rudeness and coldness, yet you gave it and to this very moment of this very day, you never once brought it up. You never held a grudge. And today, you are still this person that I will always, love and admire and trust with all of my heart.

Even your Hubby thinks I'm an angel... :look: All because of you. And he's always laughing at my posts. You have him thnking I'm innocent.. :blush:

Thank you, Laela Rose for the beautiful lesson of forgiveness which has never failed. You truly are a woman who loves the Lord and shows it to all.

Love always,

Your sister

Shimmie... :love3:
Every word of this is true...every word. Laela is a true friend...just like you! I love you both so much...you are always here for me whenever I need you...I thank God for the both of you! :kiss:

@Shimmie what a beautiful and honest post. This is why I love you so much, Shimmie. :kiss:
It really is a beautiful post....you are beautiful too, Pebbles and I love you too :kiss:

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Every word of this is true...every word. Laela is a true friend...just like you! I love you both so much...you are always here for me whenever I need you...I thank God for the both of you! :kiss:

It really is a beautiful post....you are beautiful too, Pebbles and I love you too :kiss:

Nice & Wavy and pebbles, I don't know what I would have done that day when I was trying to get to my mom, that day when she passed. I was at work, trying to leave, but our office building was on 'lock-down'. President Obama was in town and none of the buildings within a certain radius were allowed to have anyone leave or enter.

The two of you were my holding strength as I was trying to get to the hospital. I was the one in charge of making the medical decisions for my mom. I insisted that they 'resuscitate', she held on for a while but when I got there it was too late.

This is when God puts true friends in your life, because there I was in that hospital waiting room, alone and unable to grasp what had happen... that I was there too late. I had to be strong for the rest of my family and it was the strength that you and Pebs, by the Grace of God, that enabled me to do what I had to do. The two of you were my initial strength, two true sisters of my heart and of the Lord. True gifts of God. You see, I didn't have the focus to be focused. I was still in disbelief that I was too late to be with her. God used both of you to bring me back to reality and to face what had happened.

My daughter was in Florida, and she was so close / knitted to my mom that I dreaded having to call my babygirl telling her the news. I just didn't have the focus nor the strength. The two of you prayed for me and you meant it; the prayers were real, not air beaters waving words in the wind...real prayer. Precious Wavy, you stayed on the phone with me the entire journey to that hospital, making sure that I was not alone. Both you and Pebs talked with me as I was sitting in that waiting room. I finally got through that day.

See, I'm sharing this for a reason. I don't care how many disagreements that occur in these threads/posts. This forum is filled with REAL people with REAL Hearts, and REAL lives. We are beyond 'e-related'. Our hearts are knitted in a true bond and sisterhood. The presence of God is truly here among each of us and I refuse to take it for granted. I give praise and all honour unto God for surely He has proven that no matter where I am, He places people into my life which makes His love just that much more real.

Do you know that this particular thread has over 117,500, plus views in just short of ONE year. One Year ! ! ! That many views.

What's in here that's drawn so much of that much attention? I'd have to say the Pearls, the Diamonds, the Rubies, the Roses...in each of those who love God and share it. :Rose:

pebbles

Every word of this is true...every word. @Laela is a true friend...just like you! I love you both so much...you are always here for me whenever I need you...I thank God for the both of you! :kiss:

I love you, too, N&W!! Thanks so much for all the love and support! :kiss:

pebbles

@Nice & Wavy and @pebbles, I don't know what I would have done that day when I was trying to get to my mom, that day when she passed. I was at work, trying to leave, but our office building was on 'lock-down'. President Obama was in town and none of the buildings within a certain radius were allowed to have anyone leave or enter.

The two of you were my holding strength as I was trying to get to the hospital. I was the one in charge of making the medical decisions for my mom. I insisted that they 'resuscitate', she held on for a while but when I got there it was too late.

This is when God puts true friends in your life, because there I was in that hospital waiting room, alone and unable to grasp what had happen... that I was there too late. I had to be strong for the rest of my family and it was the strength that you and Pebs, by the Grace of God, that enabled me to do what I had to do. The two of you were my initial strength, two true sisters of my heart and of the Lord. True gifts of God. You see, I didn't have the focus to be focused. I was still in disbelief that I was too late to be with her. God used both of you to bring me back to reality and to face what had happened.

My daughter was in Florida, and she was so close / knitted to my mom that I dreaded having to call my babygirl telling her the news. I just didn't have the focus nor the strength. The two of you prayed for me and you meant it; the prayers were real, not air beaters waving words in the wind...real prayer. Precious Wavy, you stayed on the phone with me the entire journey to that hospital, making sure that I was not alone. Both you and Pebs talked with me as I was sitting in that waiting room. I finally got through that day.

See, I'm sharing this for a reason. I don't care how many disagreements that occur in these threads/posts. This forum is filled with REAL people with REAL Hearts, and REAL lives. We are beyond 'e-related'. Our hearts are knitted in a true bond and sisterhood. The presence of God is truly here among each of us and I refuse to take it for granted. I give praise and all honour unto God for surely He has proven that no matter where I am, He places people into my life which makes His love just that much more real.

Do you know that this particular thread has over 117,500, plus views in just short of ONE year. One Year ! ! ! That many views.

What's in here that's drawn so much of that much attention? I'd have to say the Pearls, the Diamonds, the Rubies, the Roses...in each of those who love God and share it. :Rose:

Shimmie I say all the time, thank GOD for JESUS! And thank-you JESUS for the Body of CHRIST! For all the times you've covered me with your prayers, let me vent my temper, and allowed me to cry and weep and wail on your shoulders no matter what was going on, THANK-YOU! You are my angel here on earth, and I thank GOD for you each and every day!! :rosebud:

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie I say all the time, thank GOD for JESUS! And thank-you JESUS for the Body of CHRIST! For all the times you've covered me with your prayers, let me vent my temper, and allowed me to cry and weep and wail on your shoulders no matter what was going on, THANK-YOU! You are my angel here on earth, and I thank GOD for you each and every day!! :rosebud:

:bighug:

Thank you.

Reminiscing

Aww Shimmie. I love your post!! This is the part that touched me the most because it is so real.

This forum is filled with REAL people with REAL Hearts, and REAL lives. We are beyond 'e-related'. Our hearts are knitted in a true bond and sisterhood.

I hope PinkPebbles doesn't mind me sharing this but I have to give my testimony...

In September I traveled out of town for my job. It happened to be going to the city that PinkPebbles lives in so we agreed to meet up (we'd only met once before). We met through this forum and have been close friends for over two years. Two days after we met up and on my last day of work in her city, I came down with a BAD case of food poisoning and ended up in the hospital. Since it was the last day for my project, my co-workers all had to go to work so I went to the hospital alone. I was so out of it that I barely made it there and fell into a deep sleep shortly after arriving. I awoke a few hours later and texted PinkPebbles to let her know I was in the hospital. She asked me which one and it was then that I realized I was so out of it that I didn't even know what hospital I was in. I tried to call the nurse but no one could hear me. I text PinkPebbles back and told her that I have no idea where I am. She said don't worry, I'll find you. PinkPebbles, someone who I had only met face-to-face twice, called around to several hospitals until she found me and she didn't stop there either. Once she knew what hospital I was in, she left work early and came to meet me there. She sat by my side until they released, drove me to get some soup to eat after, and then dropped me back to my hotel.

When I say this forum is a BLESSING it is truly an understatement. This forum is ordained by God. PinkPebbles is one of my closest friends. We laugh together, we cry together and it could only be God who allowed us to become friends while living hundreds of miles away from each other.

Thank you Shimmie for your post and thank you PinkPebbles for being such a great friend!

PinkPebbles

Reminiscing God has used you to bless me in so many ways.

Thanks sis.:bighug:

Aww @Shimmie. I love your post!! This is the part that touched me the most because it is so real.

I hope @PinkPebbles doesn't mind me sharing this but I have to give my testimony...

In September I traveled out of town for my job. It happened to be going to the city that PinkPebbles lives in so we agreed to meet up (we'd only met once before). We met through this forum and have been close friends for over two years. Two days after we met up and on my last day of work in her city, I came down with a BAD case of food poisoning and ended up in the hospital. Since it was the last day for my project, my co-workers all had to go to work so I went to the hospital alone. I was so out of it that I barely made it there and fell into a deep sleep shortly after arriving. I awoke a few hours later and texted PinkPebbles to let her know I was in the hospital. She asked me which one and it was then that I realized I was so out of it that I didn't even know what hospital I was in. I tried to call the nurse but no one could hear me. I text PinkPebbles back and told her that I have no idea where I am. She said don't worry, I'll find you. PinkPebbles, someone who I had only met face-to-face twice, called around to several hospitals until she found me and she didn't stop there either. Once she knew what hospital I was in, she left work early and came to meet me there. She sat by my side until they released, drove me to get some soup to eat after, and then dropped me back to my hotel.

When I say this forum is a BLESSING it is truly an understatement. This forum is ordained by God. PinkPebbles is one of my closest friends. We laugh together, we cry together and it could only be God who allowed us to become friends while living hundreds of miles away from each other.

Thank you Shimmie for your post and thank you PinkPebbles for being such a great friend!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Shimmie, your testimony has me in tears.... you have no idea how the Love and Light of Jesus through YOU has helped (and still is helping) to sharpen me, but Abba knows. Hubby does, too... Godly counsel is invaluable. So thank you for being a real example of a Sister in Christ. You and Nice&Wavy are like big sisters, and you bot put about others above themselves. Year after year. No fake stuff. It's a part of your Being and I thank God for you both; It's encouraging to see that souls have been knitted here. Iwanthealthyhair67, we've never met but I feel that I know you and I just don't have the words to explain, but I always look forward to your ministry here.

Reminiscing... your testimony ... my God. Thanks for sharing it, because I believe there is a Word for someone in your testimony about PinkPebbles, another real example of the Love of Jesus in this forum.

There are lots more other sisters like this, and they seldom post but when they pop in and share a Word... Lord have mercy, and I thank God for them! They know who they are... :yep: God bless you all.

Shimmie

Staff member
Aww Shimmie. I love your post!! This is the part that touched me the most because it is so real.

I hope PinkPebbles doesn't mind me sharing this but I have to give my testimony...

Reminiscing.... :cry: What a beautiful and heartwarming testimony. PinkPebbles is truly your sister. Thank you for showing us that this is really a place of REAL lives who live real life and the love of God is flowing in each and every one.

the love of Christ reigns in this forum ...thanks Reminiscing

Amen "Healthy Hair'.... And you are reigning right along with the love of Jesus; it flows from your heart as warm healiing oil.

Reminiscing God has used you to bless me in so many ways.

Thanks sis.:bighug:

PinkPebbles... you are a true sister and friend. I am so blessed by the love you've shown to Reminiscing. Only God lives in a heart such as yours.

Back at you! :bighug:

:amen:

Shimmie, your testimony has me in tears.... you have no idea how the Love and Light of Jesus through YOU has helped (and still is helping) to sharpen me, but Abba knows. Hubby does, too... Godly counsel is invaluable. So thank you for being a real example of a Sister in Christ. You and Nice&Wavy are like big sisters, and you bot put about others above themselves. Year after year. No fake stuff. It's a part of your Being and I thank God for you both; It's encouraging to see that souls have been knitted here. Iwanthealthyhair67, we've never met but I feel that I know you and I just don't have the words to explain, but I always look forward to your ministry here.

Reminiscing... your testimony ... my God. Thanks for sharing it, because I believe there is a Word for someone in your testimony about PinkPebbles, another real example of the Love of Jesus in this forum.

There are lots more other sisters like this, and they seldom post but when they pop in and share a Word... Lord have mercy, and I thank God for them! They know who they are... :yep: God bless you all.

Hey Laela Rose... I can never thank God enough for you. :love3:

I remember when I was MIA from the forum and you sent me a message in my home email and said that I was missed here. :lol: That was hilarious considering my prior firey posts/threads. :lol:

Nice & Wavy

Shimmie...you would have and HAVE done that much for me! What can I say but that I am so happy to have you, pebbles, Laela and so many others in my life. You ladies keep me grounded and on my knees. The ladies on this forum help me in my everyday ministry with others...ya'll just don't know, and I'm grateful for each and every one of you. :kiss:

You are right...we are real people...I ain't no font:lachen:!

@Nice & Wavy and @pebbles, I don't know what I would have done that day when I was trying to get to my mom, that day when she passed. I was at work, trying to leave, but our office building was on 'lock-down'. President Obama was in town and none of the buildings within a certain radius were allowed to have anyone leave or enter.

Nice & Wavy

My sister, Laela :kiss: I love you, girl!

@Shimmie, your testimony has me in tears.... you have no idea how the Love and Light of Jesus through YOU has helped (and still is helping) to sharpen me, but Abba knows. Hubby does, too... Godly counsel is invaluable. So thank you for being a real example of a Sister in Christ. You and @Nice&Wavy are like big sisters, and you bot put about others above themselves. Year after year. No fake stuff. It's a part of your Being and I thank God for you both; It's encouraging to see that souls have been knitted here. @Iwanthealthyhair67, we've never met but I feel that I know you and I just don't have the words to explain, but I always look forward to your ministry here.

@Reminiscing... your testimony ... my God. Thanks for sharing it, because I believe there is a Word for someone in your testimony about PinkPebbles, another real example of the Love of Jesus in this forum.

Nice & Wavy

What a beautiful testimony and I'm so glad you shared it!

I too was in the hospital and PatTodd stayed on the phone with me and kept me sane...love you girl!!!

Aww @Shimmie. I love your post!! This is the part that touched me the most because it is so real.

I hope @PinkPebbles doesn't mind me sharing this but I have to give my testimony...

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie...you would have and HAVE done that much for me! What can I say but that I am so happy to have you, pebbles, Laela and so many others in my life. You ladies keep me grounded and on my knees. The ladies on this forum help me in my everyday ministry with others...ya'll just don't know, and I'm grateful for each and every one of you. :kiss:

You are right...we are real people...I ain't no font:lachen:!

:lol: @ "I ain't no font" :lol: If you were you'd be the finest such as Edwardian Script... :yep:

Nice & Wavy

:lol: @ "I ain't no font" :lol: If you were you'd be the finest such as Edwardian Script... :yep:
:lol:...you know I had to go look that up and its so pretty:grin:....thank you!

I miss you sis...so much has been going on and I have been so busy. I will be calling you soon. We have dh mom with us now...have to keep her together. Love you so much!

Renewed1

LORD you really have blessed me in this situation. I can't believe it! I'm so uncontrollable happy, that it's unreal to me.

THANK YOU!!!

Shimmie

Staff member
:lol:...you know I had to go look that up and its so pretty:grin:....thank you!

I miss you sis...so much has been going on and I have been so busy. I will be calling you soon. We have dh mom with us now...have to keep her together. Love you so much!

For you... the entire Edwardian alphabet. :flowers:

Much love to you, Hubby and "Momma A" :love3:

Nice & Wavy

For you... the entire alphabet. :flowers:

Much love to you, Hubby and "Momma A" :love3:
Awww....thanks, sis. :kiss: I downloaded it and tried to copy and paste something here, but it wouldn't let me do it...knowing me though, I'll figure it out:lol:!

Hubby and I just came out of prayer a little while ago about what took place with these babies earlier. He is so hurt by it...and so am I. thank God these babies are in the face of Jesus right now!

Shimmie

Staff member
Awww....thanks, sis. :kiss: I downloaded it and tried to copy and paste something here, but it wouldn't let me do it...knowing me though, I'll figure it out:lol:!

Hubby and I just came out of prayer a little while ago about what took place with these babies earlier. He is so hurt by it...and so am I. thank God these babies are in the face of Jesus right now!

My heart just aches over this tragedy. I thank God for the Ministry that flows from the heart of you and Pastor A. These prayers will flow into eternity.

Shimmie

Staff member
The views for this thread have gone from 117, 500 (plus) to over 138.000 since yesterday (Friday) afternoon. :look:

May the Ministry flow ... :pray:

-----------------------------------------

TYPO ALERT ! :blush3:

Correction: 118,000 not 138,000

You can expect almost anything from me after mid-night. :lol:

Sorry for the typo everyone.

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

Sometimes I wonder why I'm not like some christians who are so blah. I wish I could be someone who was so bland and had no desires nor heavy temptations. Some folks walks seem like a cake walk. I know we all have our areas of weakness. Sometimes I really fail badly. I am real raw and sometimes I don't want to help everyone. Some times I just want to be able to release and fall apart but I have to be one who can only rely on God. I know that should give me comfort and it does but there nothing like human tough who doesn't judge you like so many I have encountered here and in real life.

I wish I could just be good little christian girl who didn't desire men and didn't desire to live and really have fun. If I could just be one who could go through motions but I'm too old. Sometimes I want to reach here but I just can't. I want to reach out to one but I feel I'm not worthy to talk to that person. She is amazing and growing. I feel like daily I'm just trying to do my best but I know I'm getting to a point of no return. I feel some days I don't want to hear about the issues of others that I have my own issues to deal with.

I know for me here I'm like the whiny black sheep. I know my cross but I guess it's time for me to do something different. God I know knows my reason for being here. It's time I truly figure that out.

Nice Lady

Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

Thank you for your Mighty Hand

LoveisYou

Sometimes I wonder why I'm not like some christians who are so blah. I wish I could be someone who was so bland and had no desires nor heavy temptations. Some folks walks seem like a cake walk. I know we all have our areas of weakness. Sometimes I really fail badly. I am real raw and sometimes I don't want to help everyone. Some times I just want to be able to release and fall apart but I have to be one who can only rely on God. I know that should give me comfort and it does but there nothing like human tough who doesn't judge you like so many I have encountered here and in real life.

I wish I could just be good little christian girl who didn't desire men and didn't desire to live and really have fun. If I could just be one who could go through motions but I'm too old. Sometimes I want to reach here but I just can't. I want to reach out to one but I feel I'm not worthy to talk to that person. She is amazing and growing. I feel like daily I'm just trying to do my best but I know I'm getting to a point of no return. I feel some days I don't want to hear about the issues of others that I have my own issues to deal with.

I know for me here I'm like the whiny black sheep. I know my cross but I guess it's time for me to do something different. God I know knows my reason for being here. It's time I truly figure that out.

I wish I could be her too:look:, but I am not. I think a lot of Christian women could relate. There's a constant war between the flesh and the spirit, you hit on it in this post.