2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
The views for this thread have gone from 117, 500 (plus) to over 138.000 since yesterday (Friday) afternoon. :look:

May the Ministry flow ... :pray:

TYPO ALERT ! :blush3:

Correction: 118,000 not 138,000

You can expect almost anything from me after mid-night. :lol:

Sorry for the typo everyone.

Nice Lady

For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.

Marvelous grace!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Meditating on this today...
God's Sword cuts and heals at the same time. The Holy Spirit is the only one with that power. Amein~

Hebrews 4:12
New King James Version (NKJV)
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Nice Lady

Enjoy your Sunday! Some people are miserable and they don't know how find their place of happy. So, until they change their attitude. We still love them anyway. The most loving thing to show them that you are still loving life..

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Woke up just thankful for everything The Lord has done and more aware of how 110 percent faithful He always is and always has been. Worry and dwelling on what is lacking only steals the enjoyment that comes from resting and rejoicing in Him.

"God has done great things for us; filled us with laughter and music."

auparavant

I try to be compassionate but people need to take personal responsibility. You should not be negligent in passing your germs to other people. Why sneeze into your hand and then blow your nose before attempting to shake another's hand? It's just common sense. I don't think Jesus will be angry if you stay at home while you recover from your virus. Have consideration for other people, please.

Nice Lady

The holiday season makes the message of salvation even more relevant. He paid the price to get us back:

just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace...

LongTimeComing

Thought: We can't spend our lives comparing everbody else to ourselves and thinking that we're the epitome of what everybody ought to be. -Joyce Meyer

FACT: There is nothing God can't do.

Laela

The absence of God in schools: When the U.S. Supreme Court banned state-sponsored prayer in public schools 50 years ago, it didn't put to rest the issue of religion in schools. Instead, it ignited a culture war that continues today over the role of religion in public education.

auparavant

....."put G-d back into schools and the public." Well, wasn't He in the schools and the public way back when peple were murdered over drinking from the wrong water fountain?

Nice Lady

The WORD of God has transformative power. One WORD from God regardless of whether in MP3 format, blog radio, or in person will change your life from a receptive heart. Being a WORD-chaser, brings rest to an overactive min and quietness to perpetual torment. One WORD...heals, delivers, transforms...It draws people into the kingdom for a personal experience. One WORD...brings a greater commitment to the Father. One WORD....

Laela

well, NRA was around since 1800s, people still use guns; Don't see where race fits in all this. There used to be a sanctity to school grounds when prayer was a part of schools. We pray for our children and they go to school with God; but, I just believe this nation has turned its back on God..

....."put G-d back into schools and the public." Well, wasn't He in the schools and the public way back when peple were murdered over drinking from the wrong water fountain?

auparavant

Race? Those were human beings...they were being oppressed...yet, folks talked openly about G-d. I've seen this very question come up various times today. They say, "bring G-d back into America." From some people's perspectives, He was never here, actually.

Laela

^^ my opinion. I hear you and understand yours; but not everyone agrees with your position about God and America. 'Twas a random thought...had those kids are on my mind today... :yep:

auparavant

^^I know...I was just wondering about the deeper meaning of that today when folks say that (not you specifically) and was coming in to post that question myself when I saw your post. It's being asked just about everywhere today. Shrugs. I was wanting to open up that question to anybody who might have seen it differently. I'm not asking people to agree with me. You should know me by now...I'm that "kid" with the "why's." lol

Last edited:

Nice Lady

Christmas message reminds us of God's goodness:

"But God is rich in mercy because of his great love for us. We were dead because of our failures, but he made us alive together with Christ. (It is God’s kindness that saved you.) God has brought us back to life together with Christ Jesus and has given us a position in heaven with him. He did this through Christ Jesus out of his generosity to us in order to show his extremely rich kindness in the world to come."

Nice & Wavy

:cry: :cry:

auparavant

Philippians 4:4–7

Brothers and sisters:
Rejoice in the Lord always. I shall say it again: rejoice! Your kindness should be known to all. The Lord is near. Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

LifeafterLHCF

I must not really be a Christian or whatever because if I was I wouldn't feel like I'm about to take a pistol to the temple because I feel overly so overwhelmed. One can be grateful that things aren't far worst but still be in reality of what is their life.

Kimbosheart

Philippians 4:4–7

Brothers and sisters:
Rejoice in the Lord always. I shall say it again: rejoice! Your kindness should be known to all. The Lord is near. Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

I just looked this scripture up today. It's one of my favorites for calming fears and trusting God. I need to re-memorize this and post it on my bathroom mirror.

I must not really be a Christian or whatever because if I was I wouldn't feel like I'm about to take a pistol to the temple because I feel overly so overwhelmed. One can be grateful that things aren't far worst but still be in reality of what is their life.

One can be greatful but still living in the reality. Allow yourself to feel some pain about whats going on in your life and Praise God becuase he will get you through it.

LovelyRo

I was lead to read Luke chpt 15 - chpt 18... Praying that I receive what I'm supposed to receive from this message. I'm being thrown all kinds of darts... Yet, I still believe God!

Iwanthealthyhair67

@All4Tris

Eph 6:16

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

to believe is to have faith, your doing good ...and things will work out for your good.:yep:

I was lead to read Luke chpt 15 - chpt 18... Praying that I receive what I'm supposed to receive from this message. I'm being thrown all kinds of darts... Yet, I still believe God!