2015 Christian Random Thoughts - Stand Strong - 11:58 is Not Too Late

bellatiamarie

I think it really sunk in the other day for me that by-and-by, after while, this will all be over. I'm a social worker and sometimes I wear myself out doing this work. The other day I realized God doesn't need social workers in heaven. He doesn't need nurses, doctors, teachers, etc., in heaven. I just felt such relief.

Jesus is preparing a place for us! This fact helps me to keep pressing on.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
um ...

"Here in the United States, we cherish religious liberty. It was the basis for so much of what brought us together. And here in the United States, we cherish our religious liberty, but around the world, at this very moment, children of God, including Christians, are targeted and even killed because of their faith."

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I don't know where to put this and I didn't want to make a new thread, but I finished my 1st fast (3 days, no food until after 5pm). Surprisingly enough,I started on Tuesday night (no idea it was Yom Kippur) because it just felt like the right thing to do lol. I felt that I could have done a better job, and prayed on my knees more. Also, I did the no-no of telling 3 people I was fasting (somehow it came up in conversation). Also I got really focused at the end of each day on how long I had until I could eat. I feel kind of disappointed in myself. At least I know where I went wrong, cause I kept a journal for 2 of the 3 days.
/end unexpected rant

Laela

Trying to manipulate the Lord's will through prayer never works. Instead of solving the problem, this can lead to frustration. Therefore, we need to be willing to trust God and wait for His answer.
-Dr. Michael Youssef

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
I was prophesied to today, and I'm SO excited about my future, however. I wish I would have asked for clarity.

Have any of you ever questioned something told you by someone to somebody else? Not in a negative way. I'm just positive I won't see this man again after tonight's service.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
I don't know where to put this and I didn't want to make a new thread, but I finished my 1st fast (3 days, no food until after 5pm). Surprisingly enough,I started on Tuesday night (no idea it was Yom Kippur) because it just felt like the right thing to do lol. I felt that I could have done a better job, and prayed on my knees more. Also, I did the no-no of telling 3 people I was fasting (somehow it came up in conversation). Also I got really focused at the end of each day on how long I had until I could eat. I feel kind of disappointed in myself. At least I know where I went wrong, cause I kept a journal for 2 of the 3 days.
/end unexpected rant

This is a toughy, I usually lie about it but that's no better.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Awful. I tried to get my thoughts together and couldn't muster up much sympathy for that poor soul who probably....well, you know. He was so angry and it ruined him and took the lives of others. Anger burns us.

Laela

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
“There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free,there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring,heirs according to promise.”
~

Galatians 3:28-29

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

whosthatgurl

I posted a few weeks ago about being unsure of working in ministry anymore, but I made my decision last week to stop working for my church.

It's coming as a shock to all of the staff, and they didn't want to see me go, but it was the best decision for me to make, I feel.

(Almost) Unfortunately I cherish the relationship that I have with my leaders, and a lot of things work wise was crossing into each other, and it was truly making me look bad because I was messing up so bad, and the trust I had from my leaders was waning, so I wanted to wring my hands of everything.. and as soon as I made my decision, a weight was lifted.

Has anyone been in that predicament?

felic1

I saw an article about some youths wanting to leave a church and being beaten. One of them was killed. I can't post articles. I think it was in new york?

LovelyRo

I had an interesting encounter at church today. This woman accused me of spraying her when I came in, told me I wasn't going to get away with it, and asked me why I was in there. It completely threw me off but, I realized she had some type of mental issue. She was really upset and went on and on discussing it with the people around her for at least 15 mins. I'm certain she cursed me to hell while she was going off. I'm going to keep her lifted in prayer.

I'm glad it was my church home and that I'm already saved.

whosthatgurl

my pastor is being attacked right now in the city... I don't want to go into detail, but it's getting to me bad. Thank goodness I'm taking a social media fast this week, but I've started blocking people on social media that is sharing this foolery.

He told us (congregation) this morning to not even respond, but all of me wants to go off because no one is seeing his true intentions (which is to help this sad community). Even though I don't fully agree with who/what he is supporting, I still support my pastor, and it just really hurts my feelings.

It's hurting me more that I can't defend him. Even though we know what the end result is going to be.

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
Please God send me some TRUE friends. I'm so hurt right now; I could cry. But I won't they are not worth my tears. But they are worth being blocked on my cell phone for a good good while.

mz.rae

I love the sense of peace I get when I just talk to God about whatever is on my mind. I was woke up 3/4 in the morning from having a nightmare, and then all these thoughts and worries filled my head. But as soon as I started praying about the things that were bothering me I felt peaceful and was able to get back to sleep.

kanozas

I could have caved into depressive thoughts. It was clearly a choice. I could have cried my eyes out or pretended it didn't bother me. I just held my innards and trudged onward. Yes, it was painful and I did wonder why this had to happen when so much has happened. And then, there was the help. It came to me peacefully and I was led to the right choice, to the solution. Thank you, L-rd, for caring for me and mine and for always being there. You directed my paths today and every day. Jesus, I trust in You!

Laela

His Grace is sufficient. None of us is perfect yet we are Perfect in Christ. And I say amein for this!

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
God really does answer the little requests.

I was thinking about getting a new personal journal; I would constantly forget each time I go to the store. Also, I have a Kindle, so I was trying to figure out a way to buy some of the ebooks without it being costly.

Today my manager gave me a journal and a $50 Amazon gift card.

I pray God bless her.

But I'm still looking for a new job and will give her a one day notice. :)

kanozas

It's still "Christmas," or "Christ's Mass." The colors are still red and white, the representative colors of the H-ly Spirit and the Blood of Christ. Living in a pluralistic society peacefully doesn't mean that religious adherents must hide and conceal themselves. They shouldn't be ashamed of greeting someone with "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Hannukah" or whatever it's going to be. If there are other religious or atheists, don't get bent out of shape. Don't persecute and don't encourage people to hide either.

mz.rae

As this year is starting to wind down (went by fast, I know!) I'm just sitting here reflecting on the last 11 months, and even read the post I made on the first page of this thread at the start of the year. I must say I have learned so much about myself these past months and have some moments. I think the biggest thing I have learned is that this year I seeked God more when making decisions and tried to take the time to listen to His direction. I also learned that it is ok to be the one to reach out to people and that most times the thoughts in our heads of the reactions we think we are going to get from these people 9 times out of 10 aren't correct. But also I learned the importance of knowing when it is time to move on from people, tell them you love them and wish them the best but your time together is up. I can say that this year I am in a much better space than I was this time last year. I still have a long way to go, but I am thankful not being where I use to be.

Now I am praying for the heart of a servant, and to be able to serve in a church in some capacity. No more making excuses of school or a job preventing me from doing stuff, I plan to push through. I know on the first page I believed that it wasn't time for me to leave the particular church and wanted to be there with my SO. But, I feel like that time has come for me to part ways. I have been feeling stunted and stagnant for some time and like I need something for where I am at now in life. I visited a church last Sunday that my friend has just started going, the church is just now starting up. It was interesting because when I was in the service something in me said I can see myself serving here and wanting serve here. And the sermon that was preached was exactly what i needed to hear. I am remaining prayerful about the situation. Anyway I am just looking forward to the rest of this month and the final month of 2015!