∞°∞°2012 Baggy Challenge!!!∞°∞°

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Tonight I wanted to steam really bad, but I also didn't want to take down my celie braids, so I came up with a solution: Spraying my braids with conditioner. :yay:

In my spray bottle, I mixed distilled water, Camille Rose Growth Oil, hemp oil and Qhemet MTCG. Sprayed the crap outta my hair, steamed for 30 minutes and threw the bags on.

I'll be doing GHE tonight. :grin:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
tiffers
I decided to coffee it up. Especially since I'm starting to get a coffee product stash. Hair was nice & moisturized this morning.

tiffers

Baggying tonight with my new spray mix of Qhemet water, MTCG, hemp oil and Camille Rose oil. :)

youwillrise

so i ordered this conditioner base from organic-creations.com and someone pointed out that it reads more like a moisturizer than a conditioner...so i decided to try it out as a moisturizer and see what happens

i conditioned my hair last night and after rinsing i used the LOC moisture method...sprayed with water, put oil on and then on one side i used the organic creations conditioner base as the moisturizer and on the other side i used my normal shea moisture curl & style milk...so i can compare them.\

and as usual, i slapped my baggy on. wonder how my hair will feel later. hmmm

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Baggied last night and I also used the LOC method. I love it. It does my hair right along with the baggy. So last night I sprayed with my SM Yucca & Baobab Moisture Mist, oiled with SSI's Carrot & Pumpkin Seed Defrizzer, and ended with Tiva's Green Tea Moisturizer. Hair felt great this morning.

youwillrise

So about that organic-creations conditioner base as a moisturizer

When I was putting it on, I thought I was gonna hate it...but not bad, actually. Both sides of my hair (the organic creations and shea moisture) feel equally as good. Wasn't expecting that. the base is really thick and creamy...you wouldn't think of it as a conditioner (in the rinse out sense), but that's what it's labeled as. I mixed it with yes to carrots when I first got it and it wasn't bad that way. Ill probably use it mixed with other conditioners to do conditioning sessions and not mixed to moisturize.

the baggying has really been keeping that moisture in my hair...man, I love baggying.

youwillrise

How do you ladies bag so many times per week?? How do you wear your hair in public if you are have oils on it and are bagging 3-5 times a week? Or are you talking about just a little oil and not saturating your hair?

I baggy overnight and take it off in the morning. Even if I use a little too much product, my hair doesn't take long to dry.

Tonight I may baggy on dry hair with no product just to see how well moisturized my hair is. I have been reapplying everyday for the past few days. Will naked baggy tonight

youwillrise

uhhh okay...i lied.

i ended up moisturizing. haha. i rinsed & conditioned which i wasnt originally gonna do, so i felt i had to moisturize after. i'm experimenting again. this time i mixed darcy's botanicals peach kernel hydrating milk with the organic creations conditioner base. lets see how this goes.

and of course, i got my baggy on. ; )

tiffers

M&S tonight with Marie Dean Amla Hair Cream and Silk Dreams Aaliyah's Blessing, then put my hair in some raggedy flat twists. :lol:

tiffers

Been baggying nightly, but my internet has been dumb and slow, so I try to avoid being online now. :(

Sprayed my hair with
Darcy's Botanical Spritz, then m&s with Darcy's Sweet Cocoa Smoothing Moisturizer and Jane Carter Nourish & Shine.

tiffers

Sprayed my twists down with Darcy Herbal Spray. I'll be doing GHE tonight. :D

youwillrise

sooo last night i decided that i would take my twists out and detangle because i have to redo my hair on thursday night since i'll be traveling on friday (when i usually do my hair routine). man, that was a nightmare detangling session. i will never go that long without detangling ever again. i saturated my hair with water/aloe vera juice and then oil galore to help loosen it up a bit...and let it sit under plastic for about 30 minutes or so. it definitely helped, but still when i detangled it was horrible!

luckily, no significant loss or setbackage. so ((phew)).

so after i rinsed that (was gonna condition, but didnt feel like it)...i just put my hair up and then put my baggy on it for the night.

i have also been baggying consistently even though i havent updated in a few.

tiffers

So I got my Claudie goodies today and couldn't resist using them!

I decided to pit Isha Hair Cream and Balancing Ends Insurance against each other.

On the back of my head, I sprayed with the Tea Spritz then m&s with Isha and Tiffani Ceramide Pomade.

The front was sprayed with Tea Spritz and m&s with Ends Insurance and Tiffani Ceramide Pomade.

I'll be doing GHE tonight and will weigh in on the results tomorrow. :D

Rossy2010

Hiya, I was not consistent the last two weeks. I was on vacation so i get back on track this week. Im DCing today and will start GHEing from tommorow 4-5 times a week.

claud-uk

I baggy every day. I spritz with water/avg/glycerine/M&T Condish/WGO. Put into 4 braids, seal ends with coconut oil/shea butter then wrap with film. Then whole-head wrap with film before tying with satin scarf.

I wear my hair baggied and under a scarf like this 24/7. I work from home, luckily, so having to look presentable isn't an issue for me. BUT I still keep my hair like this to walk the dog/supermarket etc. I don't give two hoots what people think of my appearance, I need to feel like I've done everything I can each day for my hair otherwise come year-end when my next length goal approaches it's gon be ME feeling bad about my hair, not them!

Last edited:

youwillrise

Ill be traveling tomorrow. Gonna grab some plastic caps to bring for baggying while I'm away...because i m to the point where I feel naked when I sleep without a baggy haha. It just doesn't feel right!

claud-uk

Been GHE'ing faithfully 24/7 for the last 5 or 6 days. Then I read yesterday (I think it was on the WHIP Length forum, look at me gettin ahead of myself!) that you shouldn't apply Jojoba oil on wet hair, which I had been doing. So last night I took my film off and slept with just my satin scarf to let my hair dry out a little and evaporate the Jojoba oil (thank goodness I've only been using a tiny amount!)

Oh, forgot to mention the reason for not using Jojoba/wet hair is because it makes the hair tangle. This could be the reason for my breakage over the last few days (had to do an emergency protein treatment two days ago). I thought Jojoba would be perfect for a GHE cos it's so similar to our natural hair sebum :ohwell:

I will update over the next couple of days to let you all know if the breakage subsides and we can make this a fact.

Edited to add that by the way my air dried hair feels so soft and was super easy to comb through - so at least the GHE is working!

Last edited:

sckri23

I'm new but I've been baggying for the past 2 days at work from 12pm -10:30pm and I've been finishing off with a cold air blow dry half way dry and sealing the rest of my moisture with bergamot h+s conditioner and it's amazing my hair has never been this soft in the mornings

Edit: I use Cantu leave in, I tried ghe-ing and only my part had moisture

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Last edited:

youwillrise

go go baggying rangers...you mighty moisturizing rangeeeeEEErrrrs

I'm just bored haha...sitting here waiting for my flight...ready for my long weekend in tulsa.

youwillrise

Is it weird that I'm baggying here at my hotel with the little bag that comes on the ice bucket thing? I didn't bring any bags or caps of my own like I was gonna. Haha

nubiennze

This morning I was suddenly compelled to revisit the LOC method. For the past few nights I sprayed with plain distilled water before applying my growth oils and GHE'ing but toyed with the idea of dressing up the water a bit.

I added glycerin (1 part to 3 parts water) and peppermint and rosemary EOs; saturated my hair; did my sulfur mix massage; followed up with a fingertip-full of SM CES; and GHE'd as usual. When I took it off and felt my hair, it was sooo soft. I can't remember the last time my hair felt like this, much less without having to drench it in the shower first.

I'm a little perturbed since I just mixed up a huge batch of Kimmaytube leave in (I'd defaulted to good ol' M&S to no avail--just stiff, wiry hair coated with oil), but I may have to ditch that and implement this little routine permanently. After much trial and error, I think I'm finally sold on the virtues of this method for lo-po hair. :grin::yay: