Dark Empress...head baggy question

Cayenne0622

I've been seeing little broken hairs for a couple of days. Did you experience this at all during your baggy process? I'm trying to determine if its from baggying or wearing the bun? I'm a little distressed about this because the baggy is definitely keeping my hair moisturized but I can't wear any other style but the bun while baggying because my hair reverts/waves up after a night of baggying. I wanted to start pin curling or doing a twist out but I know my hair would be a shrunken mess in the morning.

preciousjewel76

You know, I don't get broken hairs when I do a whole head baggy, but sometimes when I baggy just the ends, I get a few broken hairs. I have my ends baggied right now with my UPA clip bun (avatar). Maybe I'm overmoisturizing my ends - but not my whole head.:confused:

One of these days, I'm gonna figure out this hair thing, I swear!:lachen:

Cayenne0622

preciousjewel76 said:
You know, I don't get broken hairs when I do a whole head baggy, but sometimes when I baggy just the ends, I get a few broken hairs. I have my ends baggied right now with my UPA clip bun (avatar). Maybe I'm overmoisturizing my ends - but not my whole head.:confused:

One of these days, I'm gonna figure out this hair thing, I swear!:lachen:

OKAY!!! I'm so with you on that!! Goodness!! If its not one frickin thing, its another! Geez! I need the breakage to stop.

Determined22

I had some broken hairs today after about 10 days of whole head baggying each night, and updo's during the day.

I think I have too much more moisture and my hair needs some strength.

Isis

I could be overkill to moisturize all of the hair before baggying and remoisturizing it all over again, all night long. I've been moisturizing the ends only, as I do anyway. So far, so good. :)

cutiebe2

I think it really depends on your hair. I am natural and it seems like my hair cannot get enough moisture..but it could be difference for relaxed heads who need to keep that fine balance between moisture and protien....I would say use a very light protein conditioner and see what happens..or you could moisturize and then before putting on the baggy spray at little Infusium23

Cayenne0622

Thanks ladies. I'm going to do a henna treatment on Saturday morning. I don't think my breakage is from overmoisturizing. My hair has never been overmoisturized. Butttttt...just in case, I may be do a prepoo with AO GPB, shampoo, and then do my conditioning henna. I think I'm gonna do pin curls or something and give my hair a rest from the bun.

LaNecia

Isis, do you moisturize your ends twice a day or once? I'd been doing twice but slowed to once. I've noticed a few too many hairs too (though nothing to really be alarmed about YET).

darkempress

Cayenne0622 said:
I've been seeing little broken hairs for a couple of days. Did you experience this at all during your baggy process? I'm trying to determine if its from baggying or wearing the bun? I'm a little distressed about this because the baggy is definitely keeping my hair moisturized but I can't wear any other style but the bun while baggying because my hair reverts/waves up after a night of baggying. I wanted to start pin curling or doing a twist out but I know my hair would be a shrunken mess in the morning.
I'M JUST SEEING THIS POST..I'M SO BLIND:lol: .
BUT I DONT EXPEREINCE LITTLE BROKEN HAIRS . THE EDGES OF THE PLASTIC CAP, I KNOW WHEN THAT RUBS AGAINST THE EDGES SOMETIMES IT CAN CAUSE SOME BREAKAGE IN THE FRONT. SO YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WHEN PUTTING THE CAP ON AND MAKING SURE IT IS NOT RUBBING YOUR EDGES TO HARSHLY BUT OTHER THAN THAT I CANT THINK OF ANY OTHER AREA THAT YOU WOULD HAVE BREAKAGE THAT WOULD BE BLAMED ON BAGGYING. SO I WOULD DEF TRY THE HENNA LIKE THE OTHER LADIES SAID, TO CURB THE EXCESS SHEDDING AND STRENGTHEN THE STRANDS A BIT FROM ALL THE MOISTURIZING.

Last edited:

LaNecia

I've been using a velcro wrap to protect my edges from the plastic cap.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I don't really moisturize before i baggy. I just slap on some amla oil, two plaits on each side, and then the cap. All that crinkling drives me nuts so I wrap my silk scarf over the cap. When I take it off my hair is wet but not sopping like it use to be. A little bit of oil and/or Mizani Rose h2o..... I'm good to go. :D

Everybody's hair is different though.... mine hated moisturizing before I put the bag on. I just quit all together and it works much better for me.

Keen

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
I don't really moisturize before i baggy. I just slap on some amla oil, two plaits on each side, and then the cap. All that crinkling drives me nuts so I wrap my silk scarf over the cap. When I take it off my hair is wet but not sopping like it use to be. A little bit of oil and/or Mizani Rose h2o..... I'm good to go. :D

Everybody's hair is different though.... mine hated moisturizing before I put the bag on. I just quit all together and it works much better for me.

I don't usually put anything on my hair either. If I'm in the bathroom I may add some leave in. otherwise I just put on the cap and scarf and go to sleep.

LaNecia

I put it on UNDER the plastic cap with the edge of the wrap about 1/2 extending beyond the hairline so that isn't rubbing as well. I then put on the plastic cap (squeezing the air out) and tie down with a silk scarf or 'doo' rag. I HATE the rustling sound at night and that keeps it quiet (and in place).

My hairline is no less moisturized (is always damp) and lies down very smoothly. This saves me having to brush and gel edges to get them lie down.

Isis

VWVixxen said:
Isis, do you moisturize your ends twice a day or once? I'd been doing twice but slowed to once. I've noticed a few too many hairs too (though nothing to really be alarmed about YET).
Sorry for the delay. I moisturize my ends twice each day, once in the morning and once before bed. I use Costant Care for Ends which is not water-based but it does seem to moisturize as well as lubricate.

locabouthair

to the OP did the henna help with the breakage? I am thinking that I should use a light/medium protein every week since I will be baggying most days out of the week. I think I will get the protein moisture balance. is anyone else doing this or thought about doing this?

Vixxen - after you put on the mesh wrap cap do you then put on the plastic cap?

Please disregard I did not read the whole thread before posting! Sorry

VWVixxen said:
I've been using a velcro wrap to protect my edges from the plastic cap.

Last edited:

LadyZ

Can you wear a hair style if you baggie the whole head... Or are you stuck with buns?

I cut slits in my plastic cap to prevent the excessive build up of moisture... I cut a hole in the very top of it... and I put slits on the side until I find the correct amount of moisture level through the night.... it helps... I can't stand all the dampness...

Cayenne0622

locabouthair said:
to the OP did the henna help with the breakage? I am thinking that I should use a light/medium protein every week since I will be baggying most days out of the week. I think I will get the protein moisture balance. is anyone else doing this or thought about doing this?

I didn't get to henna because I had a hella busy weekend but I do plan to do it within the next week. I haven't baggied since my last shampoo and I do see improvement. I still see some breakage but I guess it'll reduce with time. Its not nearly what I was seeing. I'll keep you posted.

Determined22

locabouthair said:

I'm not the OP, but I did henna on Friday, and that along with Mizani nighttime treatment on my ends has drastically cut my breakage. I will be using Joico K-Pak reconstructor at my next shampoo next week though, since I will still be baggying each night.

HTH

AllyBam

I am just trying to keep my regimen simple. Ok..where do you find this Henna, and how do you use it? I am loving this baggy method.

I must say my hair has never been this soft. It's actually kind of scary. LOL :D

Last edited:

LABETT

I cut slits in my plastic cap to prevent the excessive build up of moisture... I cut a hole in the very top of it... and I put slits on the side until I find the correct amount of moisture level through the night.... it helps... I can't stand all the dampness...[/QUOTE]

Good idea Girl I am going to cut slits in my plastic bag I dont like all the dampness either.

locabouthair

i just tried itdoing the whole head last night and my hair was damp to the point where it was kinda wet. i think I will stick to just baggying my ends.

LadyZ

LABETT said:
I cut slits in my plastic cap to prevent the excessive build up of moisture... I cut a hole in the very top of it... and I put slits on the side until I find the correct amount of moisture level through the night.... it helps... I can't stand all the dampness...

Good idea Girl I am going to cut slits in my plastic bag I dont like all the dampness either.[/quote]

===================================================

You will love it... I pin curled my hair, put my slit baggie on, went to bed... when I got up for a pee in the middle of the night:lol: ... I removed my baggie, tied on my silk scarf... When I got up 4 hours later my hair was very nice...soft too... So you Can Baggie and Wear A style Also... Next time I do it I will try and post a picture...