2012 Ayurvedic Challenge

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Hello ladies! I'm just checking in. So I prepoo'd with AOGPB and did my ayurvedic tea rinse using hibiscus flower, bhringraj, marshmallow root, brahmi, and fenugreek powder. After tea cooled, I then added AVJ and rosemary and tea tree eo's. I let that set in my hair for awhile then did an ACV rinse and proceeded to do my DC. My hair felt really soft after I finished rinsing. I was very pleased with my results :yep:.

Nicole9

Anybody have trouble rinsing the powders out of your hair? I mixed amla and brahmi powders into my conditioner. I rinsed several times and my hair still felt gritty.

NowIAmNappy

Anybody have trouble rinsing the powders out of your hair? I mixed amla and brahmi powders into my conditioner. I rinsed several times and my hair still felt gritty.

Try using a slippery conditioner, sometimes I have to use my VO5 and then flip my head over the tub to rinse it well.

Sorry just been out of it because my aunt passed, but I finally managed to wash my hair last night using shikaiki, amla and hibiscus. I threw in some big twists and they are in a low ponytail today.

NowIAmNappy

So I finally got to washing my hair this weekend.. I decided to do a henna treatment mixed with hibiscus and amla powder, then I followed with a deep condition with my Vo5, Shea Moisture and olive and safflower oil mix. Can I just say my hair was in heaven. I did a top not bun for work and you can see the reds all throughout my hair from that last treatment.

Ronnieaj

I haven't checked in in forever, but I did a tea rinse this weekend. I oiled with Mozeke Amla Infusion on my twists, then rinsed well and poured the rinse over my hair, left in for around 45 minutes. Rinsed well and DC'd with Marie Dean Green Hemp Conditioner. Rinsed, did acv rinse, then leave in condish with MD Red Clover LI condish.

Hair feels great, is in twists for another 2 weeks, at which point I'll do an actual paste.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Made a tea with some Amla and Fenugreek, and added it to my spray bottle mix. Results: All Day Moisture!! My hair usually gets a little crunchy by late afternoon, but with the new mix I could feel my hair was moist till I went to bed! Super happy hair. :grin:

greenandchic

Checking in:

I received my order from AyurNatural Beauty since they had a sale a couple of weeks ago. Ordered the Nupur Henna blend, Bringraj Oil, and Kapur Kachri Powder.

I tried the oil last night on my scalp before doing a GHE and my 4 day hair doesn't have the itches like it usually does when I go more than 3 days without washing (wash day tonight). I will do the henna treatment tonight as well. I usually use Jamila, but wanted to try something different.

lovestarr

Made a paste of 1tbs neem, 1tbs brahmi, 1tbs hibiscus, 3 tbs AVJ, and 5 drops rosemary oil. Will sit for one hour and then DC

lovestarr

I just washed out my paste and it left my twa super soft and fluffy. DCing now with a mixture of 2 tbs MT, AOHSR, 1 tbs amla powder, 1 tb maka powder, AVG, and 5 drops peppermint eo. It is creamy and smells delish! Will sit for 2-3 hours

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I'm going back to DC'ing with my herbs n spices lol. My Hothead comes today, and I've been thinking my powders need some love!

lovestarr

Did a cleansing paste of half tb shikakai, 1 tbs amla, and 1 tbs brahmi - mixed this with some AVJ and a few drops of rosemary oil. Let it sit for 45 mins and then rinsed out with water and vo5 conditioner. After that I did a moisturizing DC of shea moisture anti-breakage mask mixed with 1 tbs hibiscus and 1tbs maka powder. Rinsed out and my TWA is soft and moisturized

lovestarr

Trying a new DC homemade mix and I love the fluffiness of it. I melted 2 tbs honey, 2 tbs shea butter, 2 tbs evco. While still warm I mixed in 1/3 cup of dpr-11, 1 tbs jbco. Mixed in 1 tbs hibiscus, 1 tbs maka, and half tbs neem powders. Added a few drops of rosemary and peppermint eo and voila. It was nice and warm when I applied it to my hair. Will DC with no heat for 2 hours.

Ms. Tiki

I did a herbal gloss and added 1.5 tsp of henna. Glad I did b/c my greys in the front are covered and my NG feel so much better.

lovestarr

Did a cleanse of 1 tb shikakai, 1.5 tbs neem, and 1.5 tbs brahmi mixed with hot water. After rinsing out I made a DC of shea moisture anti breakage mask, 1 tb hibiscus, 1/2 tbs amla, 1 tbs mehendi. added 2 tbs honey, evoo, jbco, and peppermint eo. will leave on for 2 hours

Ronnieaj

I've been trying to find more ways to incorporate my powders and whatnot seemlessly. I use an ayurveda based daily spritz. I have a castor oil blend that I now make with 2 oz. each of castor, avocado, and vatika oils, and 1 oz. each of rice bran and bhringraj oil. I apply that to my scalp 2-3 times a week.

Here's an update to my current regimen:
Every 3 weeks I do a hair mask, which is 1/3 each bentonite, rhassoul, and ayurvedic powders (they're premixed). I leave that in for 30 minutes and cowash out and do my routine.
On the intervening weeks, I do a tea rinse with the ayurvedic blend, let that sit for 20 minutes and cowash.

I notice that when I'm consistent, my hair gets much thicker (as in I'm twisting and I notice hairs growing that weren't before), fuller and softer. If I'm super lazy I use an ayurvedic poo bar by NJoi Creations that I love.

greenandchic

Last week I did a Napur Henna treatment - I only left it in for about 5 hours this time.

Last night I made a paste using Bhrami and Kapur Kachri powders and mixed conditioner in it. I left that on for an hour and cowashed it out.

SimplyBlessed

ok I just made a thread about finding pure Ayurvedic oils...but I may just make an infusion...

my hesitations are if the oil gets too hot is that bad...how should I infuse it, how long is it good for..

I was thinking of doing the crockpot thing and do 2 hrs on high 2 hrs on low then strain...how much oil to herb ratio should I use?!?

lovestarr

Added mehindi powder to my last mix of condish i used last week. Also added an egg for a protein boost since I haven't done a protein treatment since I BC'd in April. Will deep condition for 2 hours.

AtlantaJJ

I'm late, so I'm just going to lurk. I just got a big order from Henna Sooq, I'm looking for recipes and ideas!

Krystle~Hime

GUYS !!!!!!! mix your powder with MILK !!!!! the texture of the paste is totally not the same, not "grainy" and it rinses out perfectly !! I didn't even need to do
"rinse > conditioner > rinse" like I usually do for 2 years, for being sure that all the grains was rinsed out.
Just one long rinse and voilà !!

AtlantaJJ

GUYS !!!!!!! mix your powder with MILK !!!!! the texture of the paste is totally not the same, not "grainy" and it rinses out perfectly !! I didn't even need to do
"rinse > conditioner > rinse" like I usually do for 2 years, for being sure that all the grains was rinsed out.
Just one long rinse and voilà !!

Just regular whole milk? Your hair is gorgeous!!!! :thud: