2007 LHCF BOOT CAMP!!

Hairsoaper

Ooooh! I'm in!! Hope it's not too late. I absolutely LOVE THIS forum. You ladies are AMAZING!!!!

I am going to commit to THREE sessions. I have DISCIPLINE, DILIGENCE, AND DETERMINATION!I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning! Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATINUM level! My additional challenge will be to continue taking my prenatal vitamins EVERY DAY and drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. My consequence will be no sweets for a week (YIKES!). I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture ASAP and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

jgg

I am going to commit to one sessions. I have DISCIPLINE, DILIGENCE, AND DETERMINATION!!
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do gold level!
My consequence will be LCHF for 2 weeks (I'm so addicted to the forum now!)I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 10, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

smartandblessed

I Hope that I am not too late. I absolutely LOVE THIS forum. I can't wait to have longer hair!!!

I am going to commit to THREE sessions. I have DISCIPLINE, DILIGENCE, AND DETERMINATION! I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning! Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATINUM level! My additional challenge will be to continue taking my vitamins EVERY DAY and three month relaxer stretch. My consequence will be no sweets for a week since I have a sweet toothe. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture ASAP and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Hair Iam

One Session – 120 Days: Discipline...may go for all 3 levels but I'm learning to take baby steps in everyhthing I do.;)

FunkyDiva

OK I don't know if I'm susposed to post this here but I wanted to inform you all that I used my one and only freebee already :cry3:

My excuse is today I had to take my graduation pictures and it caught me totally off guard (today's the last day) I came to class this morning with my hair in a cute little bun (doing my protective styling) and I found myself running home to CW my hair, blow dry, and flat iron it :eek: Oh well I'll be back on schedule tomorrow.

Zeal

prissygirl114 said:
OK I don't know if I'm susposed to post this here but I wanted to inform you all that I used my one and only freebee already :cry3:

My excuse is today I had to take my graduation pictures and it caught me totally off guard (today's the last day) I came to class this morning with my hair in a cute little bun (doing my protective styling) and I found myself running home to CW my hair, blow dry, and flat iron it :eek: Oh well I'll be back on schedule tomorrow.

Don't even try it. YOu know they had it posted all over the Union. LOL

SparklingFlame

I'm late getting in on this. I never actually read this tread before now. I have been on this Bootcamp challenge already for the last 10 months so another 12 wont be so bad! I'm in, girlfriends!

I need to take some BEFORE pics but I just put these cornrows in and aint no way in hell I'm taking them down now! :lachen:I'll dig up something.

Zeal

Just checking in. The linkws to my blog posts are in my siggy. I'll probably be blogging a lot.

I'll be keeping stuff in my Fotki also.

Last edited:

Mz_Zartavia

I'm a NEWBIE ya'll so, I'm going to only commit to a baby step first!! My starting point photo is my avatar....

I am going to commit to 1 session. I have MOTIVATION!

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do the PLATINUM level!
My additional challenge will be DAILY VITAMIN INTAKE. (for platinum only)

My consequence will be NO NEW ANYTHING FOR A MONTH.

I am excited to do this for my hair!
I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread!

Let's Do This!!

Last edited:

twdenise

I am going to commit to three sessions! I have a strong will power! I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training! Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level!My additional challenge will be taking my vitamins and working out at least 3days per week. I am excited to do this for my hair!I will promise to post my new pic in my avatar each month from January 12, 2007 until January 12, 2008. Let's do this! :grin:

ProseChild

I'm mad late, but still excited!!

I am going to commit to 2 sessions. I have DILIGENCE!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level!
My additional challenge will be only combing and brushing on wash day. My consequence will be 2x the cardio for 2 weeks. I am excited to do this for my hair! My starting point pic is in my siggy and I promise to report updates in the montly thread!

JOI

December pic in avatar

I am going to commit to __1__ sessions. I have _Determination to do it!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do gold level!
My additional challenge will be ____________________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be _No computer for 2 days. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Laila82

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have Determination! I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training! Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level! My additional challenge will be Daily Hair Vitamin Intake. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

miss coco

Hi! I've lurking around for about a year and this is my first post.I hope it's not too late to join in the challenge. I really have a hard time keeping scissors away from my ends so this sounds like fun.
I, miss coco, am going to commit to 1 session. I'm going to challenge myself to complete basic training. My consequence will be no chocolate for one month :eek: I can't wait to see the results!

cyrsanthamum

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have determination !
My additional challenge will be stretch my relaxer. (for platinum only) My consequence will be no LHCF for two weeks . I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

xxxxcherishxxxx

I'm kinda late with this but better late than never...
;)

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have determination and willpower!
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training!
My additional challenge will be to stretch my relaxers and taking my vitamins. My consequence will be from going to 4 workouts a week to 6 for 2 weeks. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by Feb 1, 2007 (late starter) and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

:dance7:

Last edited:

lipyt

Hi all! I am new here but I am ambitious! I will do the 1st session on the PLATINUM level!
Being that I am brand spanking new I will get my pics up....soon. But for know you can check me out on www.myspace.com/lipyt13 (that needs to be updated as well)
I am going to commit to __1__ sessions. I have _discipline_!

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _the platinum_ level!
My additional challenge will be to only comb on wash days 1 a week_. (for platinum only) My consequence will be an extra hour or exercise_. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

cheetarah1980

I'm late getting in on this challenge, but I've been following the basic rules for a while now. I'm trying to get to APL by the summer time and this is the perfect challenge to get me there.

I am going to commit to __2__ sessions. I have __Determination_______!

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do __Platinum_______ level!
My additional challenge will be _moisturizing 3X per week and sleeping with a scarf/bonnet every night__. (for platinum only) My consequence will be _no fast food for 30 days_____. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Last edited:

Brownie518

I am going to commit to 2 sessions. I have faith in myself!
My additional challenge will be to take my vitamins every day, moisturize 2x a day, and stop messing with my hair all the time. My consequence will be nothing because I know I can do it! I have faith, remember! I am excited to do this for my hair! Lets do this!

I have been viewing the board since Sept 06 but I just started doing posts. I saw the Bootcamp and started it on Jan 1. I was actually doing this anyway but seeing the challenge has kept me on the path. My hair is the better for it.​

kimbaparis

I am late in joining but since I just took a weave I got in Nov out I was doing these things anyway. My greatest challenge is to stop messing with my hair. Comb only 3x per week. I am in for all three sessions. At the end of 2007 I expect to see mad hair growth. Yeaaa!

starfish79

I know it's late but I'm signing up!

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have determination!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do platinum level!
My additional challenge will be adding in vitamins. My consequence will be no new products for a month. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by February 9, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this! Pvt. Starfish reporting for duty y'all!!

mags23

Better late than never!!!

I am going to commit to 1 sessions (Heat addict). I have DETERMINATION! I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training! Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level! My additional challenge will be take multivitamins daily! I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by March 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Let’s do this!:orders:

thiccknlong

I'm with you mags23.

I am going to commit to __1__ session. I have __Discipline_!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _platinum level!
My additional challenge will be baggying. (for platinum only) My consequence will be no sweets for 1 day . I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 ( sat, feb 24 2007 ) and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

dreysonsmommy2011

I am going to commit to __3__ sessions. I have hair goals to be achieved!

My additional challenge will be consistency w/products and regimen. (for platinum only) My consequence will be _no lhcf for a week:eek: . I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

*Michelle*

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have Drive and determination!
My additional challenge will be Adding vitamins and excersise. (for platinum only) My consequence will be No scrapbooking for two weeks. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by March 7, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Star07

I am going to commit to 1 session. I have Discipline!

My additional challenge will be baggie method and moisturizing ends every night. (for platinum only) My consequence will be exercising everyday for one week straight. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

tiger4513

I am going to commit to 2 sessions. I have Discipline and Diligence!
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training!
My additional challenge will be taking multivitamins everyday.
My consequences will be no fried food for a month. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by March 12, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! let's do this!

necoleg

How do I sign up?

brownsugarflyygirl said:
2007 LHCF Boot Camp

Starting January 1, 2007

This is the ULTIMATE Length Retention Challenge!
It is a combination of some of the most successful LHCF challenges (based on my thread research ;) ) and those that require the most discipline. This challenge is not for the faint of heart, fickle, or easily swayed but for those who are unwaveringly determined to retain every mm of growth that comes out of their scalp in 2007.
Get those tickers ready! Who will survive?

Here are the RULES (Basic Traning)::ban:
No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash

Optional Levels of Difficulty:
Gold Level:Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

Platinum Level: Gold Level + Your additional personal challenge– EX: Buns/Baggy, Vitamins, 3- month relaxer stretch, All Natural products, No combing/brushing, etc. Its whatever you decide, but let us know which challenge you add.

This challenge will have 3 sessions. Each will be 120 days long:
One Session – 120 Days: Discipline
Two Sessions - 240 Days: Diligence
Three Sessions – 360 Days: Determination
You can sign up for 1, 2, or 3 sessions.

Those who make it through 3 sessions will reap the greatest hair reward!!:weird:

Cheat Sheet:covereyes
You will have one emergency pass for each session. Use them wisely! Please post to the monthly update when you have used one.

Emergency Example A: My ends were sooo thin & scraggly I just HAD TO trim 1inch. My hair looks so much better and I am back focused on Bootcamp.

Emergency Example B: My sister is getting married in two weeks and my SO/DH has been begging me to wear my hair down so I am going to flat iron my hair this weekend, and then I am going straight back to my bun and Bootcamp.
ONLY ONE EXCUSE!!! :mad: <---- My mean face

CONSEQUENCES :spank: – If you are serious about this challenge, you can decide on a punishment if you do not live up to the requirements. For example: No fried food for a month, 2x my normal exercise for two weeks, No LHCF website for two weeks, No new products for two months, etc. (Notice the positive tone of the punishment). For every action there is always CONSEQUENCES! So get one in mind...to hold yourself accountable!

ACCOUNTABILITY: Throughout the challenge, we can post monthly updates. Also, if you have one please post your starting point picture. You know LHCFers want to :shocked: results.

DOES YOUR HAIR WANT TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF BOOTCAMP? Sign up now! Cut and paste please :)

I am going to commit to ____ sessions. I have _________!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _________ level!
My additional challenge will be ____________________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be _______________. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!