2007 LHCF BOOTCAMP - FINAL SESSION

brownsugarflyygirl

2007 LHCF Boot Camp
Final Session: September 15 - December 15

This is the ULTIMATE Length Retention Challenge!
It is a combination of some of the most successful LHCF challenges (based on my thread research ;) ) and those that require the most discipline. This challenge is not for the faint of heart, fickle, or easily swayed but for those who are unwaveringly determined to retain every mm of growth that comes out of their scalp in 2007.
Get those tickers ready! Who will survive?

Here are the RULES (Basic Traning)::ban:
No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash

Optional Levels of Difficulty:
Gold Level:Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

Platinum Level: Gold Level + Your additional personal challenge– EX: Buns/Baggy, Vitamins, 3- month relaxer stretch, All Natural products, No combing/brushing, etc. Its whatever you decide, but let us know which challenge you add.

Cheat Sheet:covereyes
You will have one emergency pass for each session. Use them wisely! Please post to the monthly update when you have used one.

Emergency Example A: My ends were sooo thin & scraggly I just HAD TO trim 1inch. My hair looks so much better and I am back focused on Bootcamp.

Emergency Example B: My sister is getting married in two weeks and my SO/DH has been begging me to wear my hair down so I am going to flat iron my hair this weekend, and then I am going straight back to my bun and Bootcamp.

ONLY ONE EXCUSE!!! :mad: <---- My mean face

CONSEQUENCES :spank: If you are serious about this challenge, you can decide on a punishment if you do not live up to the requirements. For example: No fried food for a month, 2x my normal exercise for two weeks, No LHCF website for two weeks, No new products for two months, etc. (Notice the positive tone of the punishment). For every action there is always CONSEQUENCES! So get one in mind...to hold yourself accountable!

ACCOUNTABILITY: Throughout the challenge, we can post monthly updates. Also, if you have one please post your starting point picture. You know LHCFers want to :shocked: results.

DOES YOUR HAIR WANT TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF BOOTCAMP? Sign up now! Cut and paste please :)

I am going to participate in the FINAL SESSION of Bootcamp!
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _________ level!
My additional challenge will be ____________________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be _______________.

I am excited to do this for my hair! I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

Last edited:

brownsugarflyygirl

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATINUM level!
My additional challenge will be ACV rinses with EVERY POO!

My consequence will be NO CARBS FOR A WEEK!

I am excited to do this for my hair! I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

madamone

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level!
My additional challenge will be baggying and low/no manipulation (for platinum only).
My consequence will be no shopping for 2 weeks.

I am excited to do this for my hair! I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

ChocoKitty

2007 LHCF Boot Camp

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Gold level!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This just what I need rignt now. I was just thinking about getting my hair cut because I've been frustrated with it's health. I've almost completely fell off the hair care wagon... Now this challenge will help me refocus again! Thanks starting this thread, brownsugar.:yep:

Blackoutzangel05

My additional challenge will be __low manipulation styles(mainly wash n go's) and take biotin daily. (for platinum only) My consequence will be ____extra upper body workout :perplexed.

brownsugarflyygirl

Chocokitty....I am glad to help :grin:

This challenge has helped my hair tremendously....so Im sure you will see your hair health improve :yep:

ms*x

my first bootcamp...ahhhhhh!!!!

My additional challenge will be VITAMINS - I SUCK AT THIS!!!! (THE TRADER JOE'S MULTI + HAIR, SKIN, NAILS). (for platinum only) My consequence will be NO NEW PRODUCTS FOR TWO MONTHS - ONLY REFILLS OF WHAT I HAVE NOW.

kbody4

My additional challenge will be Keeping my ends moisturized (for platinum only) My consequence will be more toning excercises.

glamazon386

Dang it's almost over already? Count me in! I forgot what my personal challenges were though. :look: I'll just keep doing what I was doing. I'm using my pass thursday though.

GoldenBreeze

My additional challenge will be Styling my hair in twists for 3 weeks
My consequence will be 3LB WEIGHT ADDED TO WORKOUT FOR A WEEK!

I am excited to do this for my hair! I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Last edited:

Amber_moon

My additional challenge will be to take my vitamins daily, along with bagging. My consequence will be no fried food for two weeks.

Healthb4Length

I would like to participate but I'm on a hyh till xmas challenge. Is it possible that I join...can we find a loophole:grin:? I would like to join and do the GOLD level, since I plan on weaving it up till the end of the year this would be perfect. Prior to this though I MUST trim my ends!

brownsugarflyygirl

I would like to participate but I'm on a hyh till xmas challenge. Is it possible that I join...can we find a loophole:grin:? I would like to join and do the GOLD level, since I plan on weaving it up till the end of the year this would be perfect. Prior to this though I MUST trim my ends!

Alli...you are more than welcome to do both challenges.
Just to keep with the no trims requirement, I would try to get that trim before Sept. 15th or as close as you can. When you do your HYH reveal...please post in the Bootcamp update thread as well. Welcome :grin:

Cholet112

DOES YOUR HAIR WANT TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF BOOTCAMP? Sign up now! Cut and paste please :)

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _Platnium________ level!
My additional challenge will be __Buns &Vitamins Everyday__________________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be ___No internet for 1 week____________.

meaganita

Hey Brownsuga!:wave: I really needed this.

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and PLATINUM level,
My additional challenge will be VITAMINS EVERY DAY!
My consequence will be NO SWEETS FOR TWO WEEKS!

vivEz daNs lamouR

I am going to participate in the FINAL SESSION of Bootcamp! I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning! Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATINUM level! My additional challenge will be Vitamins & Relaxer Stretch. (for platinum only) My consequence will be SENDING BACK MY PIBBS DRYER (which is expected to arrive soon! *God help me I better behave*).

**WonderWoman**

2007 LHCF Boot Camp

My additional challenge will be (1) working out 2x a wk, (2) daily vitamins, (3) min. 5bttls/water daily, (4) Daily wheat-grass shots.
My consequence will be No TV & carbs for a week!

:ohwell:...wat am i getting myself into...:lachen:

Healthb4Length

2007 LHCF Boot Camp

This is the ULTIMATE Length Retention Challenge!
It is a combination of some of the most successful LHCF challenges (based on my thread research ;) ) and those that require the most discipline. This challenge is not for the faint of heart, fickle, or easily swayed but for those who are unwaveringly determined to retain every mm of growth that comes out of their scalp in 2007.
Get those tickers ready! Who will survive?

Here are the RULES (Basic Traning)::ban:
No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash

Optional Levels of Difficulty:
Gold Level:Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

ONLY ONE EXCUSE!!! :mad: <---- My mean face

CONSEQUENCES :spank: If you are serious about this challenge, you can decide on a ACCOUNTABILITY:
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Gold level!

I, Alli77 will participate in the final Bootcamp at GOLD level. I will challenge myself to complete Basic Training by doing strictly protective styles such as braids and full head weaves. I plan on taking this challenge seriously and am well aware of the consequences of not following the general rules (no LHCF for 2 weeks and no New products/appliances!!). I will show my accountability by posting pics on the 15th of December 2007!

ETA: protective styles also include buns and phonyponies

Last edited:

AwesomelyNappy

Starting Pic for final session...

My additional challenge will be MTG and Baggie @ least 5x's a week . (for platinum only)
My consequence will be Going to Gym every day for 2 weeks/no chocolate for 2 weeks.

I am excited to do this for my hair! I promise to report updates in the monthly thread!
Lets do this!

also... my goal for this challenge is to reach arm pit length

Last edited:

Proudpiscean

My additional challenge will be low/no manipulation, DC w/every poo, strictly protective styling, moisturize twice daily, & taking my vits daily. My consequence will be no lhcf for 1 week.

princessdi

My additional challenge will be LESS MANIPULATION!
My consequence will be NO END OF THE MONTH FAST FOOD DINNER!

LadyChe

2007 LHCF Boot Camp

My additional challenge will be(1) vitamins (2) weekly henna gloss (3) workout daily
My consequence will be No ice cream for a week! :lick:

I'll be getting my relaxer sometime next week, so hopefully I can stretch for three months. Maybe I'll splurge and get a real trim as well.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Dang it's over already :blush: that was real quick.

My additional challenge will be Pre-poo with Indian oil mix alone or added to a cheap conditioner!

My consequence will be No Sunflower seeds or snacks for a wk!

MJ

I'm still in. Going to keep doing what I've been doing.

I actually thought I'd officially "failed" the challenged (even though I kept following it anyways) because I'd used heat twice this year. However, I re-read the rules and saw this:

Cheat Sheet :ban:
You will have one emergency pass for each session. Use them wisely! Please post to the monthly update when you have used one.

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

My only issue is that I don't have any pictures from the start of the challenge. I have pics from Oct. 2006 and then March 2007. I was wearing kinky twists when the challenge started and had kept them in for 3 months...

SunnyDelight

READY, SET - come on September 15th. :grin:

My additional challenge will be taking my daily vitamin. (for platinum only) My consequence will be NO ICE CREAM FOR 2 WEEKS:grin:.

brownsugarflyygirl

BeatifulWideEyes - The challenge did go by quick...Im glad cause Im starting to miss heat :ohwell: OT but I used to love sunflower seeds when I was little....now I just eat them every blue moon when I am curled up with a good book. They are such a guilty pleasure.

MJ - I am so glad that you can now view your participation in the challenge as a success...using heat only twice is definitely commendable and Im sure that your hair is thanking you :grin: