2007 LHCF BOOT CAMP!!

brownsugarflyygirl

2007 LHCF Boot Camp
Starting January 1, 2007

This is the ULTIMATE Length Retention Challenge!
It is a combination of some of the most successful LHCF challenges (based on my thread research ;) ) and those that require the most discipline. This challenge is not for the faint of heart, fickle, or easily swayed but for those who are unwaveringly determined to retain every mm of growth that comes out of their scalp in 2007.
Get those tickers ready! Who will survive?

Here are the RULES (Basic Traning)::ban:
No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash

Optional Levels of Difficulty:
Gold Level:Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

Platinum Level: Gold Level + Your additional personal challenge– EX: Buns/Baggy, Vitamins, 3- month relaxer stretch, All Natural products, No combing/brushing, etc. Its whatever you decide, but let us know which challenge you add.

This challenge will have 3 sessions. Each will be 120 days long:
One Session – 120 Days: Discipline
Two Sessions - 240 Days: Diligence
Three Sessions – 360 Days: Determination
You can sign up for 1, 2, or 3 sessions.

Those who make it through 3 sessions will reap the greatest hair reward!!:weird:

Cheat Sheet:covereyes
You will have one emergency pass for each session. Use them wisely! Please post to the monthly update when you have used one.

Emergency Example A: My ends were sooo thin & scraggly I just HAD TO trim 1inch. My hair looks so much better and I am back focused on Bootcamp.

Emergency Example B: My sister is getting married in two weeks and my SO/DH has been begging me to wear my hair down so I am going to flat iron my hair this weekend, and then I am going straight back to my bun and Bootcamp.
ONLY ONE EXCUSE!!! :mad: <---- My mean face

CONSEQUENCES :spank: – If you are serious about this challenge, you can decide on a punishment if you do not live up to the requirements. For example: No fried food for a month, 2x my normal exercise for two weeks, No LHCF website for two weeks, No new products for two months, etc. (Notice the positive tone of the punishment). For every action there is always CONSEQUENCES! So get one in mind...to hold yourself accountable!

ACCOUNTABILITY: Throughout the challenge, we can post monthly updates. Also, if you have one please post your starting point picture. You know LHCFers want to :shocked: results.

DOES YOUR HAIR WANT TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF BOOTCAMP? Sign up now! Cut and paste please :)

I am going to commit to ____ sessions. I have _________!
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _________ level!
My additional challenge will be ____________________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be _______________. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Last edited:

brownsugarflyygirl

Okay!! Soo.....naturally....Im signing up...:)

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have DETERMINATION! I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning! Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level! My additional challenge will be No Combing or Brushing Except on Wash Day! I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

ETA: My punishment will be no new hair products for two months if I mess up :( Thats serious consequences for a PJ like me.

YAY!! Im pumped!! I hope you all will be excited and join as well!
I cant wait to see the progress!!

Last edited:

preciousjewel76

I am on this like white on rice!

SIGN ME UP FOR ONE SESSION, GOLD LEVEL!!!:armyhat:

I am going to commit to ONE sessions. I have FAITH!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do GOLD level!
I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

ETA: My consequence will be NO iPOD for TWO WEEKS!

Last edited:

Radianthealth

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have determination!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level!
My additional challenge will be taking my vitamins and working out at least 5 days per week. (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

celestialhvns

This is my first post! :yay: (even though I've been around for a while )

I ,celestialhvns, am going to commit to 2 sessions. I have Discipline and Diligence!

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do the Platinum level! :)

My additional challenge will be Low Manipulation styles and vitamins. (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Shea

Sign me up I want to jin in a platinum level and for 3 sessions. I just started stretching for 3 months I'm in my 8 week I havent used heat in two months the only thing is I comb 3x a weeks. I will kick that habbit

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have _FAITH________!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do ___Determination______ level!
I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

MzOptimistic

I(tsmith) am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have Determination.
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training!!

My additional challenge will be consistency with my vits, protective styles (buns/baggy), no heat(only for dcd's),three months relaxer stretch, to be Midback by December 2007, and no trims. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

My punishment will be NO LHCF for 2 weeks:-/

THIS IS A PIECE OF CAKE FOR ME!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

CaramelMiSS

I have been thinking of doing something like this for so long!

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have will power!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do platinum level!
My additional challenge will be to take my vits. daily and to drink more water. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!:cool:

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Oh my goodness...this was seriously thought about, long and hard. You are really good to do this. Hmmmm......I have to think about it first. Those are some tough consequences...LOL!

Wishin4BSL

I am going to commit to 2 sessions. I have DILIGENCE!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATIMUM level!
My additional challenge will be MSM daily and 2-3 month relaxer stretches AND BSL by November 2007 . (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!
I'M READY AND PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have Determination!
My additional challenge will be No Brushing. (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

crlsweetie912

WOW! :rosebud: BSFG! You put a lot of time and effort into this and trying to help fellow LHCFer's. This is soo awesome. I am in like flint.

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have Conviction and Persistence!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATINUM level!

My additional challenge will be to keep up my personal vitamin/water challenge. I will drink at least 80 ozs of water per day and be religious about taking my vitamins (B Complex, Nioxin, C, and Biotin 5,000 mcg) (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Edited 12/12/06
I will only be continuing with the Nioxin, as I believe that the Biotin is contributing to severe breakouts on my face.

Last edited:

DulceKisses

High Fashion
I am going to commit to _2___ sessions. I have __Faith_______!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do __Platinum_______ level!
My additional challenge will be __3-4 month relaxer stretch and Vitamin Intake__________________. (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

****I can already advise I will be using a pass for our much anticipated company holiday party Jan 7th, 2007 and flat iron my hair which will be in a full weave (top exposed). I will not buy any new products for a month*****:(

Last edited:

sugarose

I'm in 100%!!

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have Determination!
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training!
My additional challenge will be staying on track with my Vitamin Regimen and protein intake. (for platinum only)
My consequence will be no new products for 2 weeks. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

Thanks BSFG for outlining and starting this challenge!! :clapping:

Last edited:

CurliDiva

I (CurliDiva) am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have the grace of GOD on my side!

I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning! Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level!

My additional challenge(s) will be Vitamins, Scalp Massge, and Baggie DAILY. (for platinum only)

I am excited to do this for my hair! I will post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

P.s. I will use my cheat pass on my Birthday - for the silkiest blowout I can find.

Shea

I am going to commit to ___3_ sessions. I have ____faith_!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do __platinum_ level!
My additional challenge will be __no combing. (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

sexy c

Yes count me in, Jaunaury will be my one year anniversay and I will have went from ear length to shoulder length. I am going to commit to __3__ sessions. I have ___strength______!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do __platium_______ level!
My additional challenge will be __________low manupliation styles__________. (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this

Last edited:

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have determination!!!!
My additional challenge will be healthy diet,strict vitamin regime, braids, and no retouches. (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Sign me up!! This is gonna be fun, I just braided my hair up the other day, not sure if I want to post it braided or by the 1st of Jan. which is near my t-up date.

I am going to commit to _3___ sessions. I have _____Determination____!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do ____Platnium__ level!
My additional challenge will be _Scalp massages @least 3x's a wk. and taking my vitamins daily, see siggy for the rest_. (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

My Consequence will be: no shopping for 30 days.

Last edited:

Tashique

Ooh I'm so up for this

am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have FAITH /DETERMINATION! I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning! Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level! My additional challenge will be Take Vitamins daily and no combing until wash day. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

glamazon386

I'm in... I'll be back later to post all my specifics...

I am going to commit to _3___ sessions. I have __DETERMINATION_!
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _PLATINUM_ level!
My additional challenge will be VITAMINS and Only Protective Styles (braids/weaves)_. (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

I'm not sure what my punishment is gonna be yet...

Last edited:

Angelicus

Ladies... I think I am going to take the plunge.

I am going to commit to 1 session. I have faith.
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do the Platinum level!
My additional challenge will be Taking my daily vitamin, exercising for hair growth, (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread!

OT: OMG I LOVE Tennessee, I just found a Dominican Stylist. Omg omg omg omg omg omg :clap: Halleujah! Thank you, Lord!

breezy

I'm in also.

I am going to commit to 2 sessions. I have faith/determination..
I will raise riase the stakes to platinum!
My additional challenge will be baggying overnight and stretching my relaxers to 3 months.

I will take a starting picture for Jan 2007, and update monthly.

eta: My consequence will be no new scrapbooking supplies if I mess up.

Last edited:

ak46

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have DETERMINATION!
My additional challenge will be TAKING MY VITAMINS DAILY, STRETCHING RELAXERS, HIDING MY HAIR, & THERE'S MORE BUT WILL ADD AS THE COME UP. (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

cece22

I am going to commit to3 sessions. I have determination !

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do platinum level!

My additional challenge will be too wash every 3 days and dc w heat, gentlte detangling, minimal combing, take a multi-vitamin daily, drink 8 glasses of water, and exercise. (for platinum only)

Last edited: