2007 LHCF BOOTCAMP - FINAL SESSION

YoungWavey

I am going to participate in the FINAL SESSION of Bootcamp!
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level! My additional challenge will be taking vitamins, rollersetting with each wash, and 3- month relaxer stretch. My consequence will be No New Hair Products for a Month.:sad:(lawd be with me)

I am excited to do this for my hair! I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

Last edited:

hothair

Well I seem to be doing this already....but here goes
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do ____PLATINUM_____ level!
My additional challenge will be ___________VITAMINS, ACV rinse once a week, no colour till DEC_________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be ____________2 WEEK BAN FROM LHCF :cry:___.

I can't wait to do my reveal I must I must I must be Shoulder length!!

jade998

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATIMUM level!
My additional challenge will be take my kelp tablets every day and stretch for 3 months and no trimming. (for platinum only)
My consequence will be No chocolate of any kind for a month

Starting pic

glamazon386

I used my pass on Sept 6. :look:

ETA: Oh wait this didn't begin until the 15th. I'm good. I'll be using at my next hair appt then.

Last edited:

Ms. JD

Hey Brownsugar,

I have a quick question. I joined the challenge yesterday and I am going to wear a half-wig everyday this semester while I'm in school. I would like to know, since I can't use heat, what can I do to keep the portion that I leave out flat and less frizzy without using my flat-iron? I am 5 weeks post so my hair is really poofy and frizzy after I airdry.

cici22

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATINUMlevel!
My additional challenge will be no trimming, drink at least 70 oz of water everyday, a healthier diet w/ more fruits and veggies, take vitamins daily, and rinse or cowash hair every couple days after workouts.(for platinum only) My consequence will be Workout an extra 15mins the next day.

I am excited to do this for my hair! I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

Shardonay11

I want to paticipate! Count me in. I'm a little late, but that's ok. My hairdresser is going to die when I tell here that I'm not trimming, you know how they are with cutting hair. I already told her I only want a trim every other relaxer, I'll see how that goes if I dont like it I wont trim it.

I'm excited about this bootcamp. Wish me luck

Mz.Shug

New to the forum and would LOVE to join this challenge!

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level!
My additional challenge will be drink a gallon of water a day, increase my protein intake, take my daily vitamin and biotin, follow a low matience protective style only program, and to deep condition once a week. (for platinum only)

My consequence will be NO DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES OR GHOST WHISPERER FOR 3 WEEKS!!!!:nono:

sxyhairfetish

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _PLATINUM level!
My additional challenge will be CROWN AND GLORY METHOD. (for platinum only) My consequence will be STUDYING AND NO PARTYING AT ALL FOR ONE MONTH STRAIGHT.

sdfw

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do platinum level!
My additional challenge will be vitamins, protein shake, & 8 glasses of water daily, and relaxer stretch for 3 months. (for platinum only) My consequence will be extra PT sessions for 2 weeks.

moniquekirk

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do the platinum level!
My additional challenge will be no more relaxers, flinstones/folic acid vitamins. (for platinum only) My consequence will be nothing sweet for 2 weeks.

cutiebe2

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do the platinum level!
My additional challenge will be no straghtening and keeping up with my vits. (for platinum only) My consequence will be no bread for one week.

song_of_serenity

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do platinum level!
My additional challenge will be taking vitamins EVERY day (especially biotin which really helped) 8 glasses of water per day (blah!!) and carrot juice every day in place of all the soda I've been drinking!! Also applying my sulfur mix (or BT or MTG, whichever) and MN to my scalp daily. (for platinum only) My consequence will be an extra hour of exercise and intense stretching.

I'm planning for a Christmas APL goal...hopefully, this will help me get there! HHG, ladies!!!
~*Janelle~*

Last edited:

MJ

Yesterday was wash day and I used up my emergency trim and heat passes.

I trimmed 1/4" -1/2". This was the first time I've trimmed/dusted my hair since my big chop in May 2007 (16 months). I couldn't deal with the tangled ends any longer, and began seriously contemplating relaxing (said all sorts of negative things about my natural hair). I eventually calmed down, blowdry my damp hair, carefully sectioned it into small segments, trimmed with a scissors bought solely for that purpose (over a year ago), plait the trimmed sections, and then secured the end with tiny rubber bands (I'll use a cuticle scissors to cut them out). I am very happy with the results :yep:.

madamone

Checking in!

I haven't used any heat or had any trims. It's getting hard though. I want to blow dry and flat iron soooo badly. The bun is getting tired. Had to give up the baggy challenge for a while. My hair was overmoisturized. Still taking my vitamins and doing the low manipulation thing. I think I'm going to switch to rollersets for a while or braids.

The boredom is wearing me down!! :wallbash:

kware27

Im late I know.:sad: But Im going to join anyway and start from Sept 27-Dec 27 to make up for the days that I lost.:yep:

My additional challenge will be: Vitamins, Drink more water, 3-Month Relaxer Stretch (for platinum only) My consequence will be: No chocolate for 2wks, and No new books.

Longhealthyhair

Hey Brownsugar,

I have a quick question. I joined the challenge yesterday and I am going to wear a half-wig everyday this semester while I'm in school. I would like to know, since I can't use heat, what can I do to keep the portion that I leave out flat and less frizzy without using my flat-iron? I am 5 weeks post so my hair is really poofy and frizzy after I airdry.

You can try rollersetting that part of your hair to get a more polished look. I sometimes rollerset overnight so my hair can airdry and I don't have to go under the hooded dryer.

Ivie184

I am going to participate in the FINAL SESSION of Bootcamp!I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training!Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level!My additional challenge will be protective styles only, biotin daily and using all natural products (for platinum only) My consequence will be No new products for a month.

I am excited to do this for my hair! I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Let’s do this!

PittiPat

I know that I am terribly late, but I'm willing to extend my personal challenge to the end of December ... :look:

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do GOLD level!
My consequence will be no soda or chocolate for a month, which is probably a good thing.

pazyamor

2007 LHCF Boot Camp

Final Session: September 15 - December 15

This is the ULTIMATE Length Retention Challenge!
It is a combination of some of the most successful LHCF challenges (based on my thread research ;) ) and those that require the most discipline. This challenge is not for the faint of heart, fickle, or easily swayed but for those who are unwaveringly determined to retain every mm of growth that comes out of their scalp in 2007.
Get those tickers ready! Who will survive?

Here are the RULES (Basic Traning)::ban:
No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash

Optional Levels of Difficulty:
Gold Level:Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

Platinum Level: Gold Level + Your additional personal challenge– EX: Buns/Baggy, Vitamins, 3- month relaxer stretch, All Natural products, No combing/brushing, etc. Its whatever you decide, but let us know which challenge you add.

Cheat Sheet:covereyes
You will have one emergency pass for each session. Use them wisely! Please post to the monthly update when you have used one.

Emergency Example A: My ends were sooo thin & scraggly I just HAD TO trim 1inch. My hair looks so much better and I am back focused on Bootcamp.

Emergency Example B: My sister is getting married in two weeks and my SO/DH has been begging me to wear my hair down so I am going to flat iron my hair this weekend, and then I am going straight back to my bun and Bootcamp.

ONLY ONE EXCUSE!!! :mad: <---- My mean face

CONSEQUENCES :spank: If you are serious about this challenge, you can decide on a punishment if you do not live up to the requirements. For example: No fried food for a month, 2x my normal exercise for two weeks, No LHCF website for two weeks, No new products for two months, etc. (Notice the positive tone of the punishment). For every action there is always CONSEQUENCES! So get one in mind...to hold yourself accountable!

ACCOUNTABILITY: Throughout the challenge, we can post monthly updates. Also, if you have one please post your starting point picture. You know LHCFers want to :shocked: results.

DOES YOUR HAIR WANT TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF BOOTCAMP? Sign up now! Cut and paste please :)

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _________ level!
My additional challenge will be ____________________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be _______________.

I joined too late to do a 2007 bootcamp...when will the 2008 bootcamp start?

NaturaLei

As someone else mentioned, I'm late but I'd like to join. If not, I can extend my own personal challenge from today (October 12th) until January 12th.

My additional challenge will be to drink a quart of H20 daily as well as 3 excercise sessions per week.

My consequence will be an additional workout session for the week.

Evolving78

I'm going to go for the gold!
I'm going to drink more water too!
My punishment with be going without cookies and ice cream for a month!

juicee428

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do gold level!
My consequence will be no sugar for a month.

domniqqt

I don't know how to put the pics on here.. but if you look in my fotki I have the pics with my hair trimmed and flat ironed.

scarcity21

how are y'all ladies doing...dont remember signing up for the final bootcamp but i cant wait to see y'all's hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr....one more month to go!!!!! giddy up:grin::grin::grin: