2 inches in 4 months Challenge (Sep-Dec 2012)

Dee Raven

I deep conditioned last night and am going to wash and put my hair into twists today. I'm going to try sealing with coconut oil and see if that makesa difference.

NaturalfienD

Checking In …

I shampooed my scalp (diluted) and co-washed my hair yesterday to prep for my 'fro for the evening. I took my air dried twists down and picked my hair out section by section. I misted my hair with a heat protector and lightly blew my hair out so it would look good. My hair was super cute but unfortunately, I didn't take pix.

Now I'm going to deep condition my hair with a mix of Nexxus Humectress, a CON conditioner, grapeseed oil, and I'm debating on adding a cap fill of SAA. I'm going to throw on a plastic cap and my metallic cap for a few hours and rinse out. I plan on banding my hair after it air dries for a little so I can retwist tomorrow.

I hope you all are doing well …

APrayer4Hair

Checking in!

I haven't strayed from my regular routine . I won't be trying anything new because what I'm doing is already working. I only have 1 months worth of hairfinity so I'm looking for suggestions on a (cheaper) OTC brand that's comparable.

HHG TO ALL!

Ajna

I need some support on this one because I will do well for a month then fall off

I am natural 3c/4a/4b

Regimen:
  1. get back on some type of hair supplement (I think Hair Formula 37)
  2. Drink at least a liter of pure water each day
  3. Njoy's Sulpher challenege atleast twice a week
  4. Co-wash and DC every 5 days
  5. Henna every five weeks with light protein treatments every two weeks or so

Short term goal full APL

Long term goal full MBL

Healthy Hair Journey: I cut my hair as an emotional response at first I used to textlax but I got lazy and forgot. Four years later I decided to let it grow and permed it. Hated how my hair felt and I cut my hair off again keeping it short, then in 2009 I decided to let me hair grow out I was doing well then I had a stressful job my hair was falling out it was a total set back but this is life.

**starting pics will come later this week after I cut my hair..needs to be evened out so I assume I will probably loose about 1-2 inches and right now my hair is a foot.

Ajna

Checking in!

I haven't strayed from my regular routine . I won't be trying anything new because what I'm doing is already working. I only have 1 months worth of hairfinity so I'm looking for suggestions on a (cheaper) OTC brand that's comparable.

HHG TO ALL!

I used to use Phyto Phytophanere it is about $30-$35.00 for 60 days. I liked it while I did not have a ton of growth it did keep it steady and I did not shed as much.

I felt like I had taken it for so long that it stopped working so I am going to try something else, and since I have not been taking anything I really notice shedding and my new growth is different. I will also say I had to take it for thirty days before I saw any change. Oh an it did a nice job with my skin

HTH

alanaturelle

First Day yay :) I'm going to go Deep Condition my hair to start the challenge off right!

Same here!!! I took advantage of the 3-day weekend to do an overnight prepoo Friday/Saturday and an overnight deep condition Saturday/Sunday. Tomorrow, I'll cornrow my hair for the week.

candy626

I rollerset/flat ironed saturday. My hair has already gotten frizzy and I don't feel like retouching.

I am thinking about protective styling during this challenge so that I can just keep my hands and my flat iron off of my hair. I don't know what styles I want to do though...buns make me look so homely looking. Idk, will be brainstorming today.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Here is my starting Pic! I made APL on 8/31, and another two inches would bring me to BSB. Then next year I can work on hitting BSL, and possibly MBL. Nice! I need to dust my ends this month.

Attachments

• image-1198862327.jpg
    image-1198862327.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 22

Imoan

Hi, is it too late to join? if not I am in and will post my reggy when I get home.. Thanks

NaturalfienD

Hello …

I loved my d/c session, it was the bomb. After my hair dried slightly, I sealed my hair with grapeseed oil and banded overnight. This morning, I twisted my hair and used a little Let's Jam on the ends so the twist holds better. I will do the GHE tonight and keep it pushing. I plan on this style lasting a smooth week or two before restyling. I hope you ladies enjoy your day.

Linxnme

I did my weekly regi on Friday with an overnight DC. I will be wearing a wig for the month so the moisture thing should be very easy this month. This will be the first time ever that I will be wearing a wig for a month. I have only lasted a few days in the past. Here is the wig.
. This is the Sensationnel Fab Fringe.

1. Starting pic (highly recommended)https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/my...346306471000.jpeg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=false

2. Regimen I don't really have much of a regimen right now.
Motorize and seal every other night
Wash when needed
DC when dry
Protein treatments when needed
I would sorta like to establish one, but I think that I will just listen to what my hair is saying right now before I start or a firm regimen. I'm not good with sticking with things, so I think that I will "free style" and see if I can get any growth by steadily listening to what my hair needs.

I plan to eat more veggies, drink more water and exercise every day. I will also do scalp massages weekly to see if that helps.

I also plan to use protective styles to retain length
3. Long and/or short term goals Short term: Shoulder length Long term: Full mid back length
4. Healthy hair journey history

I have BC'd 3 times and given up way too many times to count. I am tired of short hair. I want it long. And I want it to be mine. I CAN do this.

xu93texas

Checking in;
I've been apply my version of NJoy's sulfur recipe for the last week. Now, I need to buy more hair vitamins. I'm thinking about just buying some from the Vitamin Shoppe.

AmyRose92

1. Starting pic (highly recommended)

2. Regimen: Most likely wigging until December. I may do twists with extensions to give my hair (and I :spinning:) a much needed break with work and school and everything. Will be washing and deep conditioning every week (or two weeks, depending on my schedule), as well as moisturizing every other day with a light conditioner and then with my shea butter mix.

3. Long and/or short term goals:

Short-term: Full APL

Long-term: Hip length

4. Healthy hair journey history: I've been natural for almost 29 months after transitioning from relaxed hair for a year. Since my BC, I've been learning about my hair and what it likes/does not like, and I've had a couple setbacks since then but I'm getting better! This year, I've been trimming more frequently and even though it has cost me some length, I feel that I'm retaining healthier hair this time around compared to last year. I've been wearing wigs for most of my natural hair journey but I'm ready to start experimenting with hair styles, but I'm so style challenged. I hope I can get used to it though!

tiajanae

@tiajanae can you elaborate on the ovation cell therapy? What's so great about it?

I can't speak for anyone else, but my hair grew like crazy when I was using OCT. I was getting about an inch of growth per month as well as saw my hair get much thicker. I know it was due to the product, because I used it from Jan - June of 2011 and got about 5 inches of growth, and by the end of the year had only successfully grew about 2 more inches. Major slow down! Over the course of this year I've been trying a lot of different things as OCT is expensive and I didn't resort back to it, but after this year, if I don't experience that type of growth I'll be going back to this product.

alanaturelle

Checking in....GHE Wednesday night to Thursday morning. I bought Megatek that I will add to my regimen. Who has or is using Megatek and how are they using it, TIA. I have also added iron to my daily vitamins intake.

DominicanBrazilian82

Ok so I just found this health food and vitamin super-store near my house (Tunies - found it google mapping Bamboo supplements)... Walked in for my supplements and walked out with supplements, AO Honeysuckle Rose shampoo and Tea Tree Essential Oil... SMH

Plus a Tunies Card.. Can you say PJ enabling situation! It's all about those two inches!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

LongLeggedLife

I need to announce myself for this challenge-I have been only mentally participating before now:)

But I plan to continue wearing individuals braids with extensions until the end of Dec. I have been maintaining the style since 7/24, so I started a bit early.
My reggie is only to cowash every 2wks, moisturize every 3days or so using Motions Clear Hairdressing, & to mist nightly with my rosewater, evoo, tea tree spritz.
Braid touchups about every 2wks or as needed-I do my own.
I will add a starting pic-I did take a couple bad ones, but they should serve the purpose:/ I measured btwn 14-15" all the way around, which is past bra strap at the longest back layers & a bit past apl from the front.
I hope to be around 18" at the end of the challenge, & Id like to set a goal of 20-21" which is WL for spring 2013 just to say I did it, although Ill probably cut for shape then:)
Hopefully this thread will keep me motivated to stay in the braids, bc it will be a fight to go til Dec as I am missing my hair already!

ETA: The day I put my braids in..I clipped it off at the 1" mark, so im estimating 15.5" to start. (7/23)

This was today (9/20) I have taken braids down, I guess I will measure in Dec from the A on the shirt!:

Back-its flat-twisted up weird in the nape and I didnt do a measurement, but its a little past bra strap.

Last edited:

alanaturelle

Overnight pre-poo. Tomorrow, I'll wash in the morning, DC the entire day and condition and band overnight for cornrows Sunday,:yep:

Leslie_C

Im doing an overnight henna treatment and in the am I will deep condition and twist my hair up for a week or so.

faithVA

Think I am starting to get my GHE regimen down. So GHEd last night and fluffed this morning. So hopefully my hair will feel moisturized during the day. :yep: