2 inches in 4 months Challenge (Sep-Dec 2012)

xu93texas

I want in this challenge. I definitely need 2+ inches. Here is my info:

1. Starting pic (highly recommended):see my avi

2. Regimen: I plan to eat right, exercise, cowash 4-5 days per week, weekly shampoo/DC, protein treatment monthly, moisturize and seal every night, apply my version of NJoy's sulfur hair mixture every night and then baggy under satin bonnet, take hair vitamins and supplements, and continue wearing wigs.

3. Long and/or short term goals: Short term: to grow out of my TWA so I can start rocking two strand twists, braid outs, and the high puff. My long term goal is to grow healthy hair to at least BSL and beyond.

4. Healthy hair journey history: I joined this forum in Feb.2011. I didn't get serious about my hhj until last July. After giving birth to my son, I cut my hair to an EL bob. I grew that out to what I thought was healthy SL, relaxed hair. For the past 6-8 weeks I'd been dealing with a lot of shedding, tangling and matting. My hair was going through something. So I decided to chop it all off b/c I wanted a fresh start. I want to get to know my hair in its natural state and enjoy the journey to longer lengths. I officially did the BC last week. :grin:

APrayer4Hair

IM IN! this is short, sweet and to the point!

1. Starting pic (highly recommended)

image-266472793.jpg

image-3368122991.jpg

2. Regimen
Daily: Co Wash, Moisturize
Weekly: DC, detangle
Monthly: Sulfate free wash

3. Long and/or short term goals
ST: full nose length.
LT: MbL stretched

4. Healthy hair journey history
BCed 6/7/12 start of natural hair journey

I've up'ed my water intake and vow to take my hairfinity consistently starting 9/1...y'all gon have to stay on me tho!!

EmeRaldPrinXess

UPDATE:
1. Starting pic (highly recommended) In my siggy! :)
2. Regimen - oil prepoo, wash & DC weekly. Apply Njoy's Sulphur mix 3x per week. Henna every 6-8weeks.
3. Long and/or short term goals - Make MBL by December 2012
4. Healthy hair journey history- I transitioned for a couple of months (I'm not sure how many :lachen:) then big chopped Dec 2008, Joined LHCF in 2010. I haven't been very deligent in applying the many healthy haircare tips I learnt from LHCF, but I'm getting there, and I'm aiming to do much better.

Last edited:

MsDee14

I'm in. I am transitioning, so my main focus is on growing my new-growth/natural hair only.

1. Starting pic (highly recommended) See attached.

2. Regimen
1x monthly- DC, Wash, Leave-ins and twist hair
1-2x weekly co-wash or rinse scalp with ACV mix
3x Weekly Apply Sulfur Oil mix to scalp
1x Daily Moisturize with Aloe Vera Mix and Seal with Oil Mix
Quarterly- Henna and Indigo
Protective Styling 95% of the month

Extras: Work out a minimum of 4 x weekly
Increase protein intake
Take Multi, MSM, and BComplex Daily with Orange Juice
twice a week, take Biotin

By the end of the year, I would like my natural hair to reach the bottom of my nose.

I started my hhj in May 2009 at neck length. Made APL in May 2011. Decided to transition in December 2011. Last relaxer was Nov. 18, 2011
My goal for this transition is to maintain healthy relaxed ends while embracing my natural hair.
I plan to BC in about 17 months, but want as much growth as possible before doing so.
If I can get a minimum of .5 inches a month, I may BC sooner

Attachments

• photo (33).JPG
    photo (33).JPG
    5.8 KB · Views: 32

candy626

I'm in. I love this challenge. 4 months is so doable.

1. Starting pic (highly recommended): see attached. I just snipped about 3/4 inch off yesterday, so my hair right now should be a tad bit shorter.
2. Regimen: I'm doing a mix between curly girl, conditioner only and patchouli 85 deep conditioning with every wash (weekly). I'm going to try to stick with twist or buns for the time period. I want to straighten once around late october or maybe thanksgiving. We'll see. And my main goal for the next 4 months is going to be to treat my hair better. Detangle in smaller sections with more gentle stokes, especially in my crown area which is weaker then the rest.
3. Long and/or short term goals: My short term goal is to even out my hemline and have a nice blunt U shape. Long term goal is to grow hair out to TBL. Also, I want to get better at flat ironing and styling my hair.
4. Healthy hair journey history: In 2006 I cut all my hair off and went natural. My goal was to grow out to HL, which I hit late last year or early this year, I can't remember. Now I want to improve on my hair health and and get better at styling.

Girl it looks like you are already TBL!

Linxnme

I am so in. My starting pic is below. I have just started my transition to natural. I am in it for the long haul and plan to cut my relaxed ends off in December 2014. I decided to go natural because I just wanted to be chemical free. I will take the heat (from time to time), but the chemicals had to go. I am two months post and I am well on my way.

My current regimen is:

Weekly – Shampoo, conditioner, light protein, DC, leave in & seal

Every six weeks substitute heavy protein for light protein.

Midweek – co-wash, moisture & seal

Daily – Moisture & seal

Goals:

Short term goal – Full BSL because I haven’t been able to achieve that since 1994 (after I had my son).

Long term goal – Full MBL – will be a first

In addition to my goals, I want to get the moisture thing down to a science. I am doing pretty good with it, however, I find that the middle/back of my hair, at the roots, always seems to get dry really fast. That is also the thickest part of my hair.

How I plan to get this done:

I will be doing the wig thing (boy or boy have I searched a lot for the perfect one) buns and curlformers. I am not a twist sort of gal but I think the ps that I have chosen work well for me. I will treat myself to an occasional flatiron because I love my straight styles.

The pic is from May, I will post another length shot later.

Edited to add a recent pic. This was today 9/15. I had my deep con in my hair.

Last edited:

grownupnai

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/album.php?albumid=8831&pictureid=116495

I am aiming for shoulder length by the end of the year. I have been growing out this faux hawk for about a year(snips here and there), but I began my hair growth journey again around the end of November last year. You can look into my albums for more comparison pics.

One thing that has been killing me is stress and possibly a vitamin deficiency. My hair started shedding like wild again. I tea rinsed during the last two washes, and will incorporate the garlic shampoo again.

Normally I wash 2-3 times a week with ORS Aloe. I alternate moisturizing and one light protein conditioner a week. My hair has been really happy with my routine and If I could get my vitamins and stress in check, my roots could be happy as well. Let's do it!

Last edited:

Linxnme

chelleypie810

Awwww.... make your challenge to complete a challenge. This one is a short one...You can do it. I never complete them either but THIS time, I am going to do it :grin:

growbaby

Ok ok I'm in... 2in by the end of the yr? That's exactly what I need.

Starting pic: My starting picture is going to be the pic I used in my BSL length check

Regimen: I am relaxed. I wash every 2 weeks, Cowash 2x a week, DC 1x a week, protein treatment 1x a month, moisturize & seal 1-2x a day . My last relaxer was in May and my next 1 will be oct. 20th.

Goals: My STG is BSL, which is exactly what I'll be if I get 2in by the years end. My LTG is WSL.

History: I was always around APL for most of high school then when I went to college it slowly started breaking off. I didn't notice until I was a sad barely scraping SL with wispy ends at the end of my sophomore year. So after some research I decided to start a hair journey last Oct/Nov.

Here is my starting pic ( a pull test I did 3 days ago ) I'm about 2in from my bra

image-3250060101.jpg

Anielleday10

Hello LHCF this is my first post ever I am a newbie and might need some guidance from all you long lovely haired sistahs. i just bc'd on 08/04/2012 i was natural but after all the straightning my hair pretty much acted and looked like it was permd. I just found out about heat protectent about 3 months ago :blush: (braids and the flat iron is all i know) but i have been looking on this forum for hours everyday and i have created a hair regimen, and i am ready to have the pretty 3b/4a dense fine long hair that i was born to have :look:

I dont have a starting pic , im at work... :ohwell: ill just leave it at that

2. Regimen
On sunday I prepoo with an olive oil, wheatgerm, castor oil mix, then i wash with VO5 clarifiying shampoo (with a bit of oil in it) then i use aphogee 2 min reconstruction , then i deep condition with pantene moisture renewal, i then use giovanni direct leave in with karacare leave in and then seal with my oil mix and a bit of pompade from carols daughter to make sure the sealing last, I baggy every night (because i live in arizona and right now it gets around 107 degress everyday-pretty much no humidity) and monday , tuesday, thursday and friday i spritz with water add giovanni and karacare, and seal on my lunch break
On wednesday i cowash using my pantene and doing my moisturing and sealing , thats my regimen

(IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ELSE I CAN ADD TO MY REGIMEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW)
lONG TERM- BSL / SHORT TERM NECK LENGHT :)
JUST STARTED

BUT IM READY FOR THE CHALLENGE AND I KNOW I WILL BEABLE TO DO IT, I AM DETERMINED:grin:!

lamaria211

Anielleday10 said:
Hello LHCF this is my first post ever I am a newbie and might need some guidance from all you long lovely haired sistahs. i just bc'd on 08/04/2012 i was natural but after all the straightning my hair pretty much acted and looked like it was permd. I just found out about heat protectent about 3 months ago :blush: (braids and the flat iron is all i know) but i have been looking on this forum for hours everyday and i have created a hair regimen, and i am ready to have the pretty 3b/4a dense fine long hair that i was born to have :look:

I dont have a starting pic , im at work... :ohwell: ill just leave it at that

2. Regimen
On sunday I prepoo with an olive oil, wheatgerm, castor oil mix, then i wash with VO5 clarifiying shampoo (with a bit of oil in it) then i use aphogee 2 min reconstruction , then i deep condition with pantene moisture renewal, i then use giovanni direct leave in with karacare leave in and then seal with my oil mix and a bit of pompade from carols daughter to make sure the sealing last, I baggy every night (because i live in arizona and right now it gets around 107 degress everyday-pretty much no humidity) and monday , tuesday, thursday and friday i spritz with water add giovanni and karacare, and seal on my lunch break
On wednesday i cowash using my pantene and doing my moisturing and sealing , thats my regimen

(IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ELSE I CAN ADD TO MY REGIMEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW)
lONG TERM- BSL / SHORT TERM NECK LENGHT :)
JUST STARTED

BUT IM READY FOR THE CHALLENGE AND I KNOW I WILL BEABLE TO DO IT, I AM DETERMINED:grin:!

Welcome your reggie seem pretty solid except I think using a clarifying poo weekly is way to much you need to get a moisturizing poo to use on a weekly or even biweekly basis and only clarify when needed. I use Hair One and Wen:) hth

Anielleday10

Thanks i will do that, but how often should i use the clarifying shampoo and also if you can answer this for me, how do i stop ssk from happening on my hair i have about an inch in the back and maybe 3 up front

tiajanae

I'm in!

1. Starting pic - I'll post this evening when i wash and blow dry

2. Regimen -
  • braids (individuals which will be in 9/1 - 10/31 taken then reinstall 11/1 - 12/31)
  • daily hairfinity hair pill
  • weekly wash and scalp treatment with Alopecil Garlic Oil (to combat the shedding that will occur once I take the braids out) as well as MTG
  • progress pic on 10/31 and 12/31
  • this year my goal is to reach Hip Length as I am in the HL challenge and achieve an overall 5inches of hair growth. I started at 15inches in January, I'm now at 18inches, and hopefully by the end of this challenge I hit my goal of 20inches.
  • long term, i'm trying to reach a length of 25inches and once I reach that length direct my focus on thickening my hair so it will be fuller.
  • January 2011 I cut my hair to 10inches. Decided I was going to grow it out the right way and thus my journey began. Over the year of 2011 I retained 7 inches of growth and I credit more than half of that to Ovation Cell Therapy. I swear by that stuff! In January of this year I cut 2 inches giving me 15inches to continue to journey. I've been experimenting with different products and regimen and thus far nothing has worked except braids and Ovation. I wore braids over the last 3 months and was about to see about 1.5inches of growth and was pretty satisfied with the results so i'm giving it another go through the end of the year.
Excited about this!!! Good luck ladies...

Leslie_C

1. Starting pic (highly recommended)--Attached
2. Regimen-- Im tranitioning. My regimen is prepooing with various mixtures and washing once a week with CON sulfate free argan oil shampoo. Mid week I usually cowash, but experimenting with going the whole week to minimize manipulation. Scalp is currently itchy though so likely back to 1 wash/1 cowash. Deep condition with various DC's (ORS replenishing is my old faithful, but playing with others too). Protective styling 90% of the time...lots of buns and some twists from time to time. M&S daily. Wearing braidouts/twistouts here and there, but they shrink to be really short so no worries of my ends rubbing on my clothes or anything this winter!
Short term: longest layer APL by the end of the challenge. Long term: Healthy APL and beyond Natural hair.
The height of my hair journey was 07-08 when I started from scratch and grew my hair from short to approaching BSL. Fell off with haircare after my son was born, neglected my hair and it suffered tremendously. Pretty much didnt care about my hair for a couple of years and it showed. Finally decided to transition this year and that renewed my interest in haircare. Gave myself a major chop to neck length mid May to get rid of most of the damage and have been on top of my regimen since. Happy to be back on the road to healthy hair and my hair is thanking me already and responding very well.

Attachments

• IMAG1107-vi.jpg
    IMAG1107-vi.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 51

greenandchic

I'm in!

1. Starting Pic:
I have a hard time with self portraits; I will try again next time I wash my hair (sigh).

2. Regimen:

a. Cowash every 3-4 days. Shampoo when needed.
b. Moisturize when needed, seal daily.
c. DC once a week
d. Henna once a month
e. Roux Porosity Corrector every 12 weeks or when needed
f. Dust every 12 weeks.
g. NJOY'S HAIR CONCOTION CHALLENGE 2012

U shape MBL by December 31, 2012

I stopped using direct heat in 2002 and "transitioned" from heat damaged hair back to my natural curls.

I spend a lot of years not really caring for my hair very well and got back into the groove back in 2010. As of now my hair has never been better, but it can and will improve.

Dizzyde

I didn't realize how bad my twists looked until I took the photos for this challenge, :nono:.

See below!!

2. Regimen

Oil ends daily with mixture of either Babassu and Rosemary oil or Coconut and Rosemary oil. Rinse mid-week with aloe vera juice, or after an extremely long run and seal with Babassu or Coconut oil, followed by Organicals deep conditioning cream on the ends (LOC method). Steam hair bi-weekly with CJ Curl Rehab. Wash when necessary with Bobeam Rhassoul clay bar. Co-wash or rinse hair every sunday, finger detangle, and re-twist hair for the upcoming week using CJ smoothing lotion and JBCO. Then put hair in a bun (boring but convenient).

Long term goal is tail-bone length hair. Short term goal is to reach full APL. I've had a lot of difficulty retaining length in my crown, as you can probably see.

Natural as of Dec. 2008, lots of setbacks with SSKs and mid-strand splits. I also just enjoy trimming my hair, it's been really difficult to put the scissors down :perplexed.

Attachments

• 2in4challenge_beginning.jpg
    2in4challenge_beginning.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 50
  • 2in4_beginning_nape.jpg
    2in4_beginning_nape.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 54

alanaturelle

I'd like to join in:

1. Starting pic: My hair is about 6" long on every shot. A good measurement is on the length t-shirt where the hair is grazing No 2 line. So hopefully by December, it will be at No4 and be 8" long.

2. Regimen: I prepoo, wash, DC, moisturize and seal every weekend. I wear wigs as PS M-F. I moisturize and seal everyday. I also baggy overnight Wednesday night. To prevent shedding, I do a black tea rinse once a month. I try to eat a balanced diet, drink water but I religiously take my daily vitamins intake to which I should add iron.

3. Long and/or short term goals: My short term goal is to get to full SL by 18 months post BC and the long term goal is BSL. However, I would like to get to APL by 2 years post BC

4. Healthy hair journey history: this is my second time around. I have been natural since 2007 but never quite knew how to take care of my hair. My never experienced any length longer than SL but with all the resources available, I'm confident that I can make APL :yep:

Attachments

• cbd564f2-553b-4261-9a9e-86d6db05b3c7wallpaper - Copy.jpg
    cbd564f2-553b-4261-9a9e-86d6db05b3c7wallpaper - Copy.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 50

Dilettante

My hair is between nine and twelve inches in different places (got a funky cut that I want to grow out).

[IMG]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL83/13517149/24184821/403877703.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL83/13517149/24184821/403877702.jpg[/IMG]

2. Regimen
Deep condition and detangle once a week. Start off with a bun (and good intentions). WnGo midway through the week.
I want to have less manipulation though. I'm thinking of deep conditioning every other week and just leaving my hair in a bun in between. I'd shampoo whenever my hair felt too coated.

Short term: full APL
Long term: who knows?

Just starting out :grin:

Last edited:

candy626

This is my starting pic. I look like u-shape bsl. I hope to get to u-shape mbl.

Attachments

• image-473624259.jpg
    image-473624259.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

DominicanBrazilian82

DC'ed tonight with 10-en-1 and my special spray bottle spritz (SAA, aloe juice, avocado oil and spring water), airdried (first for me) and flat ironed! My results from my air dry definitely mimics my blow dry... So there is absolutely no need to blow dry any longer :).

The SAA and aloe juice spray makes my hair super soft. The softness is what made me air dry. Cutting out blow drying for these next four months will be my secret challenge. Cutting that process will get me my 2 inches without a problem :)

Plus I'm on my 11th week in my relaxer stretch (6/21). And although my roots stood up super high, my hair is soft and manageable. Flat ironing as we speak.

melissa-bee

I should be in this challenge. I need about 2 more inches to reach apl. Will post details and pics later.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LHCF

assiyrabomb

Count me in! I just cut off about 2inches of split ends and I want to grow it back by the end of the year.

1. Starting pic (highly recommended) See pic in my signature.

2. Regimen
I'll be Protective Styling (U-part wigs) throughout this whole challenge.

Moisturize/Seal leaveout and braids daily

Spray sulphur mix on scalp 3x per week

Wash/DC leaveout 1x per week

Take hair/nail vitamins 2x per day

I currently exercise 3-4 days a week and I'll continue with this as well.

Short term goal: I would like my hair to grow back to the length it was before I cut it which was grazing MBL.

Long term goal: MBL

I started my journey in early 2011. Prior to that I kept my hair in weaves but never cared for my hair underneath. Since I started putting in the effort to care for my hair, my hair has grown so much. My hair now is the longest its been since I was 5 lol.

My battle now is with split ends which is why I've had to constantly trim/cut. I've decided that I'm going to be proactive about the splits by having scheduled trim days and trimming my ends before I see any splits.

My ultimate goal is to be WL. Hopefully I can reach that by this time next year.

ScorpioBeauty09

Is it too late to join this challenge? I'd like to join.:grin:

1. Starting Pic
I'll post one after I wash my hair tomorrow since I've had a trim since I took the pic in my avi, but I'm an inch away from BSL in back and past APL in front.

2. Regimen
pre-poo with baking soda
shampoo
DC for at least one hour with heat
moisturize at least once daily

I also take Hairfinity

3. Long-term/Short-term goals
I'm in the MBL 2012 challenge so my goal is to at least touch MBL by the end of this year. Eventually I want to be WL.

4. Healthy Hair Story
I came to LHCF in 2010 and was able to get from SL to APL by 2011. Then I lost all that growth after a braider cut off 4 inches and I had to start all over. But this time I knew what my hair liked and what it needs to retain and now, a year later my hair's longer/healthier than it's ever been. I also found out this year I'm low porosity.

candy626

Is it too late to join this challenge? I'd like to join.:grin:

1. Starting Pic
I'll post one after I wash my hair tomorrow since I've had a trim since I took the pic in my avi, but I'm an inch away from BSL in back and past APL in front.

2. Regimen
pre-poo with baking soda
shampoo
DC for at least one hour with heat
moisturize at least once daily

I also take Hairfinity

3. Long-term/Short-term goals
I'm in the MBL 2012 challenge so my goal is to at least touch MBL by the end of this year. Eventually I want to be WL.

4. Healthy Hair Story
I came to LHCF in 2010 and was able to get from SL to APL by 2011. Then I lost all that growth after a braider cut off 4 inches and I had to start all over. But this time I knew what my hair liked and what it needs to retain and now, a year later my hair's longer/healthier than it's ever been. I also found out this year I'm low porosity.

Not at all. Welcome :spinning: