2 inches in 4 months Challenge (March - June 2013)

faithVA

Took my starting pics tonight. But probably won't get them posted until Sunday.

Last edited:

hnntrr

Is it okay if i post a older picture...i kinda dont wanna see how much has grown ahahahaha. I think I am going to flat iron wednesday night so I will take a picture then......

faithVA

Is it okay if i post a older picture...i kinda dont wanna see how much has grown ahahahaha. I think I am going to flat iron wednesday night so I will take a picture then......

Sure. Or if you are going to take a picture later, just put it up on Wednesday.

*Frisky*

I am still in!! I promise I will post my pic by the weekend.

The only consistent things I will be doing are steaming once a week with various products, taking vitamins and using NJoy's new hair oil. More than likely I will be protective styling most of the time but not 100% of the time.

LivingDoll

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers) - see siggie for now. I'll post another one of my wet hair by next week.

2. Regimen - I follow a modified CG regimen. I'm currently cowashing 1-2x a week with As I Am Coconut Cowash or Tresemme Naturals...I plan to cowash more when the weather gets warmer around May. I lo-poo as needed with Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Poo (Orange label) or Shea Moisture Volumizing Poo (Green label). I DC once weekly with either Shea Moisture Deep Treatment, Purification, or Anti-Breakage Masque. I currently mostly wear twist outs because I haven't perfected wash & go's. I moisturize daily with a spritz of Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave in and water mix (50/50). After that, if I retwist I add Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and seal with grapeseed oil. If I don't retwist, I use the spritz and seal with grapeseed oil. I have been pineappling my hair at night to keep manipulation to a minimum.

3. Long and/or short term goals - While I would like longer fuller hair, I don't have any specific length goals. I just want longer, healthier hair and a healthier scalp (which is getting better since I'm on the CG method).

4. Healthy hair journey history - I never really had any real hair issues. My issue has always been dry scalp. My hair grows at a constant rate, I would say at least 1/2 inch per month. For years I wore my hair in short do's (see my profile album). When I first joined the board, my hair was short and relaxed. I then started growing it out and started to texlax (relax without combing through). This went well and my hair grew pretty quickly. My hair grew to almost APL in a year and a half. Well, I had grown tired of my hair at that point, so I decided to cut it short again. I didn't really frequent the forum much for about 3 years after that. During my hiatus, I decided to transition to natural hair. I started several times and failed. The last journey began in 05/2011. I transitioned with heat styling until 08/2012 and have been natural since that time. Even after I cut off the rest of my relaxed ends, I was heat styled until 02/09/13. That's the day I started the CG method. This is the first time I've had natural hair since I was about 8 years old. I've ALWAYS worn my hair straight, which is funny because my hair is sooo curly. Even relaxed, I could never remove the curl pattern entirely. I've spent my entire life fighting what was supposed to be. This is all new to me, and I'm learning as I go along.

What I plan to do differently - I will begin taking Viviscal vitamins today, and plan to take them for at least 4 months.

Last edited:

Kim0105

This challenge works for anyone wanting more length whether you have a TWA or already WL.

If you would like to be an official challenger, complete the following.

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers)
2. Regimen
3. Long and/or short term goals
4. Healthy hair journey history
***Be prepared to post your ending pic June 20th - June 30th 2013******

Like the other challenges, we're going to support and encourage one another, provide helpful suggestions, mourn setbacks and in general be supportive of one another in meeting our hair growth goals.

**Also this challenge starts officially March 1st and ends June 30, 2013***

***Anyone is welcome to join at anytime ***

Official Challengers

daae
Lovingmywaves12
Hair_Iam
TheEspressoHair
ExExitStageLeft
hnntrr
choconillaprincess
SweetSunshine
bunnie82
TeeBee
mayo
charmtreese
Froreal3
jesusislove1526 (3/1)
kurlllz
Igotstripes
MixedGirl

Sideline Challengers (Awaiting pic or post)

faithVA
HanaKuroi
Frisky
alanaturelle (3/30)
BraunSugar
Kim0105 (3/30)
abcd09
LivingDoll
candie19

I've posted my starting photo. Does this make me an official challenger?

Kim0105

My hair is in a bun until tomorrow. Will put trigger on my scalp and Vatika on my length cover with a dc cap for 30 minutes, wash with garlic shampoo, condition with AOWC and a final rinse with ACV. Tshirt dry, trigger on scalp, moisturize, seal and bun.

Hair Iam

checking in ::yep:
I got my hair trimmed and flat ironed on my birthday..27/2/.. wrap hair every night and apply a little argon oil on ends as needed ...message scalp often .....Will wear for 2 weeks in a bun (hide those ends).... then deep condition.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
One week of my mini braids...4 weeks to go. I've been moisturizing the ends every other day with water, a bit of Darcy's Cocoa Beam Hair Whip and GSO. I wear them in two braids tucked in on either side of my head.

Igotstripes

I've had these twists for like a week, I'm gonna redo the back today. Looks like keeping these in will be harder than I thought lol

hnntrr

getting havanna twists in sometime after the 11th. hopefully I will leave them on 3 weeks to a month with week breaks in between. hopefully ill see some growth in that time. :)

looking into water soluable silicones so I can flat iron my hair wednesday night. I will do another length check and post a new picture then.

faithVA

It's wash day, so washed with Wen 613 and DCing now. Still getting some breakage, so hopefully I will figure out how to get that under control this month.

I will just twist it up tonight and wear a twist out and then cowash when I need to refresh my twist out.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm beginning to believe that some breakage is inevitable. :ohwell:

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

HanaKuroi

I was on vacation and didn't get to post a picture on time. Can I still be in if I post one this week?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

faithVA

[USER=324511 said:
HanaKuroi[/USER];18006915]I was on vacation and didn't get to post a picture on time. Can I still be in if I post one this week?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Absolutely. There's no deadline to join. I haven't even posted my picture. If I kicked you out, I would have to kick myself out :lol: Not sure how that would work.

*Frisky*

Starting pic..I like to use my tattoo as a guide. The back is the longest part of my hair. It's about 1/2 inch past APL which is right under the mermaids butt hahaha..2 inches should be right where the second blue line is. I will make sure I wear the same tshirt at the of end of the challenge for measurement.

LivingDoll

Wash day 3/3/13
*Prepooed under steamer with LeKair Cholesterol Plus Olive Oil and Olive Oil/Tea Tree Combo for 30 mins
*Cowashed with As I Am Coconut Cowash
*Conditioned with Tresemme Naturals
*Added Leave-ins: Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier and Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
*Airdried for about 2 hours
*Twisted damp hair...added more PMB, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, and sealed with Argan Oil
*Wearing twist out today

Channy31

Trying no heat at all during exam period which is about 4 weeks. Also going to attempt to stop fussing over my hair, stop constantly length checking and stop thinking about it.

Just going to let it do what it wants for a while

faithVA

Looking more closely at my hair I can tell I have some splits to cut off :nono: I don't know if I will keep 2" in 4 months. But I will hang in there. Maybe I will have a growth spurt.

choconillaprincess

Froreal3 BraunSugar

Yea I guess I do wear my bra kinda low... I have a short torso so I think it looks longer. .. or maybe I have hairexia lol!

How is everyone doing?

I've been keeping it bunned per usual abd baggying every night... does anyone else still baggy anymore?

Last edited:

faithVA

Got good news from my analysis. She didn't think my ends were as damaged as I thought they were. She said more protein treatments, daily moisturizing and a light dusting should do me good. So maybe I will see 2" after all.