2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge - 2016 (session 3 - Sept Through Dec)

I washed my braids last night.. Deep conditioned hair and applied coconut oil to braids. Also sprayed braids with infusium leave in conditioner.. Will apply sulfur to my scalp today. Trying to hold out on taking my braids out until the end of his month. I have about half an inch of new growth already. Not sure if it's from the vitamins I am taking or the fact I am eating better and drinking more water, also exercising.

My hair has me ready to jump! Why are my ends so poofy?! My hair seems like the new growth is on the ends instead of at the scalp. The ends seem so much curlier than the rest of the strand. If I could just make that last inch relax...okay, the rant is over. Sorry, ladies.

Tonight, I put Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Darcy's Pumpkin Conditioner.

I LOCB'd with L = Cozy Moments Protein Mist, O = Queen Curls Safflower on length, Keravada Green Tea on scalp & Sunny Isle Lavender JBCO on edges, C = Soultanical's Mane 'n Thick, B = Marie Dean's Coconut Cream on ends.

I inverted for 4 minutes then massaged my scalp with sulfur oil for 4 more minutes.

On another note I found a lead hair today that was near boob length. I hope the rest catches up soon.

In the middle of revamping my entire regimen. What oils are good to use for growth? In my stash right now I have njoy's growth oil, lavendar, peppermint and almond oils. jbco with lavendar, castor oil and lots of coconut oil. How can I use these to maximize growth. What others should I add? I'm also starting on a new vitamin regimen once I figure it out.

Yesterday was Shampoo Friday:

• Pre-poo'd during the day with my AVJ spritz & Honey's Handmade Knot Going Bananas.
  • I applied Honey's Handmade Citrus & Sage DC and went under my heat cap for 1.5 hours.
  • Shampoo'd my scalp with Coco Curls, CW'd my length with Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner, reconstructed with Ion, did an ACV rinse & rinsed out 80% of Darcy's Pumpkin Seed Conditioner.
  • LCOB'd with L = Soultanical's Mane Thick, C = Ouidad Moisture Lock & Treluxe Untie the Knot, O = Keravada Green Tea on scalp, Queens Curls Safflower on length & Sunny Isle Lavendar JBCO on edges & B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.

Yesterday was Shampoo Friday:

• Pre-poo'd during the day with my AVJ spritz & Honey's Handmade Knot Going Bananas.
  • I applied Honey's Handmade Citrus & Sage DC and went under my heat cap for 1.5 hours.
  • Shampoo'd my scalp with Coco Curls, CW'd my length with Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner, reconstructed with Ion, did an ACV rinse & rinsed out 80% of Darcy's Pumpkin Seed Conditioner.
  • LCOB'd with L = Soultanical's Mane Thick, C = Ouidad Moisture Lock & Treluxe Untie the Knot, O = Keravada Green Tea on scalp, Queens Curls Safflower on length & Sunny Isle Lavendar JBCO on edges & B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.
You are treating your hair so well. I hope you have some extravagant growth and retention.

Prepooing with a mixture of Matrix Biolage Hydrasouce Aloe Conditioning Balm, palm oil, and aloe juice.

Clarified with Elucence clarifying shampoo followed with Elucence moisture shampoo

Deep protein treating with Dudley's DRC 28 Hair Treatment

Deep Moisture treatment with Biolage Aqua-Immersion deep moisture mask and oil rinsing with palm oil.

Using Biolage Hydrasource daily leave-in and moisturizing my ends with Keracare Jojoba Moisturizer, sunflower oil and KCCC Knot Today blend.

Later tonight I'm massaging Njoy's hair oil on my scalp and doing a 4minute inversion. Busy day for my hair.

I finished this month's inversions today. I used sulfur oil every other day while inverting. My roots are thick right now. I am looking forward to washing and blowdrying my hair Wednesday.

Tonight, I put Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Darcy's Pumpkin & HE Hello Hydration Conditioners.

I will let my hair air dry for a couple more hours and LOCB'd with L = Carol's Daughter Monoi, O = Queen Curls Safflower on length, Keravada Green Tea on scalp & Kreyol Essence Orange HBCO on edges, C = Carefree Curls Gold, B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.

Smoothed some ghee on my ends and removed some shed hairs. I mow have a bag on for the night. I will clay wash my hair in the morning.

Do protein shakes make you fat? I've just started and I do not want to bulk up and I definitely don't want to have to exercise like a mad woman to stay small. Should I continue with these or not. I've only just started and I can't see a difference in my hair yet so before I get too attached to this, should I bother with this and risk looking like the hulk?

Today was CoWash Saturday:

• Pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ spritz.
  • I applied Honey's Handmade Citrus Sage and Tropical Carrots & Coconut DCs and went under my heat cap for 1 hour.
  • Used CC Natural's scalp scrub, CW'd my length with Dove Nourishing Oil Care & Honey's Handmade Cherry Almond Tapioca, reconstructed with Ion & rinsed out 80% of Alikay's Caribbean Cocunut Conditioner.
  • LCOB'd with L = Ion Repair Solution, C = Loreal Hydracharge, O = Hydrathermal's Growth on scalp, Queens Curls Safflower on length & Sunny Isle JBCO on edges & B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.
Lola is plaited and happy!!!

So I also had to rethink my regimen. I took my braids down and decided I am going to wig it til April. I am also adding MN to my scalp every other day. I took my braids out this weekend, and straightened my hair, I really do not feel like I have a lot of growth so I am going to add a few more things.. Will list later

So my new regimen is a basic keep it simple. Shampoo and DC 1x a week, cowash every couple days and wear wash n gos for a while. Leaving my hair alone should help. I'm going to get a stylist to help with everything else since I'm over my hair for the moment.

I'm going to stay on my new vitamin reggie for overall health. It will just be an added benefit to the hair.

I may do a scalp massage here and there because 1. they are heaven after a stressful day of work and 2. I have lots of oils to use up. I could also mix them in some of my conditioners.

How much y'all want to bet that now that I'm not caring about my hair it will grow like a weed. Always works out that way doesn't it.

As far as not doing anything to my hair.. Trust it grows like weeds every time. I figured I am doing little manipulation as possible.

So my new regimen is a basic keep it simple. Shampoo and DC 1x a week, cowash every couple days and wear wash n gos for a while. Leaving my hair alone should help. I'm going to get a stylist to help with everything else since I'm over my hair for the moment.

I'm going to stay on my new vitamin reggie for overall health. It will just be an added benefit to the hair.

I may do a scalp massage here and there because 1. they are heaven after a stressful day of work and 2. I have lots of oils to use up. I could also mix them in some of my conditioners.

How much y'all want to bet that now that I'm not caring about my hair it will grow like a weed. Always works out that way doesn't it.

I know I can't hold out the entire 4 months with no trimming. I tried to hold out as long as I could and made it 2.5 months. Since my hair was relatively straight from my curlformer set I figured it was best to go ahead and dust this weekend. I think I took off between 1/2" to 3/4".

I'm hoping that took off a good portion of my chopped up ends. I will definitely try to hold out until May for my next dusting.

So I have 2.5 months of growth. Hopefully it will show.

Tonight, I put Honey's Handmade Cherry Almond Tapioca on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Oyin's Honey Hemp. I got a late start with my hair and I didn't want to go to bed with a wet head, so I sat under my hood dryer on low for 30 minutes.

Next, I LCOB'd with L = Ion's Repair Solutions, C = Carefree Curls Gold, O = Queen Curls Safflower on length, Hydrathermal's Growth Oil on scalp & Sunny Isle's JBCO on edges, B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.

Then, I put on my plastic cap and did my inversion for 4 minutes and I will baggy overnight.

I noticed some breakage last week on the back portion of my hair, so I did a clarifying shampoo and used my elasticity treatment conditioner. Right now, I have leave in and marula oil sitting on the hair. I'm going to give it at least half an hour to penetrate before styling my regular wash n go. I had straightened my hair and used curlformers twice. For those styles I used heat protectants, and I think they must really have coated my hair because when I washed with my regular marula shampoo, I could tell that the water still wasn't penetrating the hair fully. And I think that with my normal gel caused the damage. So hopefully letting it get really moisturized is going to help.

I finally tried my Nioxin scalp treatment. It really seemed to clear up my scalp issues. I was having some soreness and itching before I did it.

Afterwards I did a dc with Loreal Damage Erasing Balm. Later today I will detangle and redo my celies.

Back