2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge - 2016 (session 3 - Sept Through Dec)

THicknLong

Today I applied aphoghee protein treatment and deep conditioned my hair. Sat under my dryer for 15 mins with deep conditioner. Applied some mint and coconut oil to my hair. My braiding appointment is tomorrow. . I won't lie I am not a fan of combing my hair especially since I have lots of new growth.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I massaged in some mn and peppermint oil then moisturized my ends with Garnier Sleek and shine cream. I also spritzed my whole head with Chi Keratin Mist. If I baby these ends I can actually retain what I grow this session.

faithVA

I am wondering if my ends would do better if I combed them versus finger detangling. I think I'm going to comb my hair before styling and see if I have fewer splits. I'm still need to find a good mix for my ends.

Aggie

Tonight I massaged some jbco and essential oil mixture on my scalp for a couple of minutes, moisturized my ends with DM super butter creme and shealoe butter and sealed with macadamia nut oil.

My hair feels so good, so soft - I just keep touching it. I have in celies so I'm not manipulating it, just touching the soft plaited hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Vitamins are on sale at Cvs this week buy one get one free. I bought 2 bottles of fast dissolving biotin. When I was taking biotin I was losing weight or at least maintaining. I could also use some extra hair and nail growth.

LdyKamz

Vitamins are on sale at Cvs this week buy one get one free. I bought 2 bottles of fast dissolving biotin. When I was taking biotin I was losing weight or at least maintaining. I could also use some extra hair and nail growth.
Wait, biotin contributed to you maintaining your weight? Interesting. I got pimples last time I took straight biotin pills but I wasn't on birth control then. I wonder...Maybe I'll try again.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Wait, biotin contributed to you maintaining your weight? Interesting. I got pimples last time I took straight biotin pills but I wasn't on birth control then. I wonder...Maybe I'll try again.
Yes. It says on the bottle that it helps metabolism of fats and carbs. I have gained 10lbs since being off Biotin. It helps with blood sugar and appetite as well.

trclemons

Last night, I put Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of the V05 Strawberries & Cream.

I LCOB'd with Carefree Curls Gold, Liquid Gold Ginger Cream, Keravada Super Gro on scalp, Duafe Amla on length, Kreyol Essence HBCO Peppermint on edges and Kyra's Shea Medley Refresh & Hydrating butter on ends.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Tonight I massaged some jbco and essential oil mixture on my scalp for a couple of minutes, moisturized my ends with DM super butter creme and shealoe butter and sealed with macadamia nut oil.

My hair feels so good, so soft - I just keep touching it. I have in celies so I'm not manipulating it, just touching the soft plaited hair.
I could've written this. My celies are really soft and moisturized. I have hand in hair when my hair feels good.

Today I'm supposed to wash and dc my celies. Then I can take a pic with my new lc shirt.

grow

Celies? I cannot wait to see the pictures because I have no idea what those are, lol:)

I started juicing the day I bought the juicer and do fruit in the morning and veggies in the afternoon/at night.

I remember when I first joined lhcf I had used my juicer a lot (reason why I just bought a new one!) and I believe it greatly contributed to my hair growth as I had gone from NL to APL in what seemed like a breeze, so I 'm back on it.

Also juiced an onion and some garlic and applied that to my scalp with jbco (the red pimento mix they sell) and black tea. I love the tingle that's going on up there! Then I put Jane Carter's replenishing conditioner on my dry hair shaft and baggied with a scarf over it to keep the heat in.

Tomorrow morning, I plan to rinse it all out and wear a wag after the tee shirt method of air drying.

Aggie

I could've written this. My celies are really soft and moisturized. I have hand in hair when my hair feels good.

Today I'm supposed to wash and dc my celies. Then I can take a pic with my new lc shirt.
I told you that your hair care routine was very similar to mine. By the way, my lc shirt has shipped and I'm looking forward to using that baby:yep:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Still going strong w/increased protein intake. This is going from very little to about 70 grams per day. Hopefully it helps me see 13" in my nape by the end of this challenge. Also still doing my Manetabolism vitamins and NJoy sulfur. If these three things don't work, I give up! :lol:

deborah11

I want it. I will post my info this weekend!

Edited to include pics and regime.

Current length: See pics.

Regime: I plan on washing 0nce per week, alternating protein and moisturizing DC; moisturizing and sealing every day; inversion 4 minutes max. daily for 7 consecutive days each month, since we have an inversion table that is rarely used; no heat; drinking bamboo tea daily and scalp massage at least 1-2 times per week. I am trying to get back to were I was before major mishap a few months ago that caused me to lose most of my gains and thickness acquired over the last few years. Will keep my hair in protective styles and use no heat until flat iron for next update reveal. Real bummer!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    349 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: