1yr comparison pics and celebrating 4yrs of naturalness :)

Mandy4610

that's a lot of growth and girlllllllll, those hairstyles are fierce. . . .yassssss I will need to practice them. do you have a youtube? tutorials?
HeChangedMyName, Thank you. I wish I had a skin thick enough for youtube:nono: and I don't have any tutorials unfortunately...I really should get on that game shouldn't I?

Your hair is so beautiful! As much as I am loving my twa, seeing pictures like these make me S0 excited for my hair to grow!
thehappyserver, Thank you. Enjoy your TWA, it will be gone before you know it and then...let the detangling games begin:grin:

Chameleonchick

Great progress Mandy!! You have really taken care of your hair well during the past 4 years. Are you aiming for a certain length now?

g.lo

As promised in my 4yr anniversary thread, I flat ironed my hair and here are the comparisons for April 2011 to April 2012. ENJOY!

Fresh out of satin rollers

Excuse the blur in the 2nd pic

Ponytails

Blown out

Wet hair (Hard to tell the difference here)

A few other pictures from the year gone by:

4yrs ago:

I think that is enough pictures..don't you? :)

Last thing...My regimen

prepoo with oil or Aubrey organics GPB
Shampoo with Giovanni tea tree triple treat or with Curls cleansing cream
Deep condition with AO Honeysuckle rose or Shescentit banana brulee or Oyin honey hemp or Shescentit avocado condish
Use KCKT leave-in or the Kimmaytube mix
Braid my hair up for a braid out or blowdry them braid it up
Moisturize as needed with Qhemet AOHC or BRBC

Thats all y'all! Thanks for the journey and thanks to all those who supported me when I struggled.:grin:

:lick::lick::lick::lick::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

come on now, create a YT channel and post some hair tutorial!!!!! well done

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I love how you swoop and style your hair! All of those updos, your braids, your ponytail, the curls..... omg!! :blush:

WHY DO YOU LIVE IN CANADA?! :cry2: I NEED YOU TO TEACH ME YOUR STYLES!! :cry2:

Mandy4610

Great progress Mandy!! You have really taken care of your hair well during the past 4 years. Are you aiming for a certain length now?
Chameleonchick, Thank you. I am not sure about what I want to aim for. I think I am a bit scare now that I won't get any further and I don't want to set myself up. What comes to mind right away is MBL, but I haven't really set my eye on it, if that makes any sense.

:lick::lick::lick::lick::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

come on now, create a YT channel and post some hair tutorial!!!!! well done
g.lo, Thank you. I am trying to toughen up and venture into YT, but girl, the drama on YT is insane:nono:

I love how you swoop and style your hair! All of those updos, your braids, your ponytail, the curls..... omg!! :blush:

WHY DO YOU LIVE IN CANADA?! :cry2: I NEED YOU TO TEACH ME YOUR STYLES!! :cry2:

May I ask how you created this bun:

What is this kind of clip called?

Thanks NappyNelle.

That first style. I gathered my hair in a banana clip then split the ponytail into 3. I twirled each part and pinned it under the banana clip with bobby pins. Thats it. Takes all of 5mins:grin:

In the second pic, those are side combs (is that what they are called?). Just two plain ones with longer teeth.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Mandy4610 Thank you for sharing!

(But I'm still sad that you live in Canada; that's too far for me to stalk, um- ADMIRE, your hair. :look:)

MarieB

Mandy4610 Thank you so much for tagging me so that I can drool over the luciousness that is your hair--and draw inspiration to keep transitioning! Fantastic progress, lady!

Beverly Ann Properties

Mandy congrats on your hair journey. I love your hair and especially your hair styling skills! I will be trying out some of your hairstyles and they will be Mandy4610 inspired!!

RegaLady

I really haven't had any setbacks. Besides the annoying single strand knots and splits which make me want to dust/trim more often, there hasn't been anything that has hindered my progress. I am learning to accept the SSK and now that my hair is longer, its easier to search and destroy the splits. I don't consider these two things as setback, I consider them to be normal part of natural hair growth.

That is a good way at looking at it.:yep:

I remembered when you BC'd. You have come a LONGGG way. Beautiful, beautiful hair! Wonderful progress!

ETA: I love how you make protective styling look fun. So many PS's to choose from.

Last edited:

Fab79

Luciousness personified living your progress and ps styles you rocked

So inspirational I think you will make your goal if not surpass it, can't wait for your next update

Great progress, truly inspirational

Sent from my iPhone4S using LHCF