HEAT DAMAGE PARANOIA

Mandy4610

I have seen a few incidents of heat damage this week and I am so paranoid. Today is my wash day, I have had my flatironed hair for 2 weeks, it held up very nicely which scared me because I have never kept my hair straight for that long. Why has it not reverted over the last couple of weeks? Was my flatironing job that good? Did I maintain it that well? or it is HEAT DAMAGED??????

So here is what I am gonna do.

1. Prepoo with AO GPB (30-45min) with out heat
2. Wash with a Sulfate shampoo and then with a all natural shampoo (Dont ask me why, it just makes sense in my head:look:)
3. DC with Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner (1-2hrs) with or without heat
4. Braid it up with KCKT or Kimmaytube leave-in
5. Take the braid out tomorrow and rock a braid out for a few days.

Anything else I should do?

I am keeping my finger crosses that my hair reverts. I didnt use heat excessively, I used a heat protectant etc. So I hope all goes well.

BostonMaria

Maybe this cold weather helps In the winter my straightened natural hair doesn't revert. In the spring & summer it's a whole other story.

Let us know what happened. Hope your hair is just fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vintageglam

Humidity = reversion. There is no humidity at the mo (not where I am anyway :look:).

If you took all your precautions when pressing I doubt you will get heat damage. Also I noticed that the only time I get heat damage is when I allow them to use those stove like straighteners on me in the salon. Apart from that as long as I stay sub 180/190 at home all is good.

Mandy4610

Hey Ladies ****sigh****

Good news, Its ok, no damage what so ever:grin:

I am relieved, I didnt really thing I had suffered heat damage, I just got nervous because of all these heat damage threads.

I am doing my DC now and from what I can see all is well.