1yr comparison pics and celebrating 4yrs of naturalness :)

Mandy4610

As promised in my 4yr anniversary thread, I flat ironed my hair and here are the comparisons for April 2011 to April 2012. ENJOY!

Fresh out of satin rollers

Excuse the blur in the 2nd pic

Ponytails

Blown out

Wet hair (Hard to tell the difference here)

A few other pictures from the year gone by:

4yrs ago:

I think that is enough pictures..don't you? :)

Last thing...My regimen

prepoo with oil or Aubrey organics GPB
Shampoo with Giovanni tea tree triple treat or with Curls cleansing cream
Deep condition with AO Honeysuckle rose or Shescentit banana brulee or Oyin honey hemp or Shescentit avocado condish
Use KCKT leave-in or the Kimmaytube mix
Braid my hair up for a braid out or blowdry them braid it up
Moisturize as needed with Qhemet AOHC or BRBC

Thats all y'all! Thanks for the journey and thanks to all those who supported me when I struggled.:grin:

reeko43

So much progress! Really an inspiration to me. Sitting here prepooing w/ Aubrey GPB as I type :)

virtuenow

Thanks, your journey is inspirational; great progress! What is your hair type? Are your strands fine/med/thick? Did you have any setbacks in your 4 years?

faithVA

Thank You. Beautiful Hair. I love the styles and the hair accessories.

But honestly, no I don't think thats enough pictures. So if you have some more I would be ok with seeing them as well :look: :lol:

Mandy4610

Thanks, your journey is inspirational; great progress! What is your hair type? Are your strands fine/med/thick? Did you have any setbacks in your 4 years?
virtuenow, thanks for the compliment. I am really not so sure what my hair type is. I think I have a mix of 4a and 4b. I have multiple textures on my head thats for sure. I think my strands are medium, some parts are on the fine side but mostly medium.

I really haven't had any setbacks. Besides the annoying single strand knots and splits which make me want to dust/trim more often, there hasn't been anything that has hindered my progress. I am learning to accept the SSK and now that my hair is longer, its easier to search and destroy the splits. I don't consider these two things as setback, I consider them to be normal part of natural hair growth.

isawstars

Mandy4610

Wow! I love your different hairstyles! And accessories! Will you share where you purchased them? Especially the ones with your hair up in a bun with a big button on it... I want one! :grin:

Also, how often do you trim your hair? Are you a self trimmer? If so, what method do you use??

Again, thanks for sharing! Very inspirational.

danysedai

Looks soooo NICE,GORGEOUS,BEAUTIFUL!!
That ponytail is looking great! and that chignon is super cute.
Congrats Mandy!

Mandy4610

your hair journey is inspiring, how often do you blow dry your hair?
Xaragua, Thank you. I have been blowdrying once a week for the last 3 months. I have been experiments to see if that would help me with the single strand knots. Normally, I would blow-dry maybe every other month or maybe even three months.

Mandy4610

Wow! I love your different hairstyles! And accessories! Will you share where you purchased them? Especially the ones with your hair up in a bun with a big button on it... I want one! :grin:

Also, how often do you trim your hair? Are you a self trimmer? If so, what method do you use??

Again, thanks for sharing! Very inspirational.
isawstars, Thank you. I get my accessories mostly from Claires, Ardene and Icing. The one with the button is actually a headband that I just wrap around my bun or ponytail.

I trim/dust approximately every 3-5 months. I self trim/dust. I don't really have a method. I do it when my hair is straight, just take small parts and clip a little on the ends. Sometimes I just search and destroy. Its getting easier as the hair grows longer because I can see better. Its also easier when not trying to achieve a certain hair cut/style. I just try to make sure I trim the same amount all around.

HeChangedMyName

that's a lot of growth and girlllllllll, those hairstyles are fierce. . . .yassssss I will need to practice them. do you have a youtube? tutorials?

beanie44

I love your hair styles and hair toys, I always check out your siggy for anything new. Last but not least your hair is thick and lush, I share your angst at controlling the SSk's and splits, I still haven't eliminated them but have learned how to reduce there apperance with more trims and keeping my hair moisturized and pulled straight without heat. Keep it coming, I learn from you !!

Sosoothing

Beautiful!! And Im still working on copying some of your hairstyles:grin:.
Your head will always be one of my favorites. :yep:

thehappyserver

Your hair is so beautiful! As much as I am loving my twa, seeing pictures like these make me S0 excited for my hair to grow!