Hairveda butters vs Shescentit vs Qhemet Biologics

allmundjoi

Ok, I am always on the lookout for a better, versatile moisturizing cream and or butter. I wear my hair straight so my major focus are my ends-keeping them moisturized (w/o reversion). On April 22-24 Hairveda is having a sale on their butters. I have been eyeballing the Almond Glaze, Whipped Clouds, Whipped Cream Ends Hydration (not on sale) and Whipped Jelly. Then I've been also wishing for the Jojoba Hair Milk and Marshmallow Herbal Hair Cream from Shescentit. And I have also been dying to try Qhemet Biologics AOHC, BRBC, OHHB, and the Cocoa Detangling Ghee. Oh, man so many great choices. Smh. Can y'all recommend products for my natural 4a/4b hair, (usually worn straight in a ps) that will 1) moisturize my ends without reversion 2) seal my ends and leave them soft. I currently have a reggie that leaves my ends soft, but I think I could be doing more (or it could be the pj in me). The products can be from the lines stated or another line. I currently moisturize my ends with aloe vera jelly/KCKT, seal with castor oil/wheat germ oil/EVCO. Or heck, maybe this is as good as it gets. *sigh, puts credit card back in wallet* TIA

Sent from my DROIDX using DROIDX

Solitude

I know you probably want a quick answer, but charzboss (member here), has reviews on all of these products. I *think* Qhemet is her favorite. Check out her reviews http://www.youtube.com/user/Charzboss. Oh, and another member - Empressari has great reviews, too.
http://www.youtube.com/user/richeau

I'm a Hairveda fan, but my hair is relaxed and I've only tried one Qhemet product and none from Shescentit. I didn't realize Hairveda was having another sale. I didn't get any butters in my last order :scratchch.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I can't give a fair comparison because the Hairveda products I've tried weren't butters (love the avosoya oil) and I haven't tried Shescentit since I've been natural (the butter was good)... but I can say that I LOVE Qhemet Biologics. Seriously.

I would knock someone side the head for AOHC.... and I ain't even violent. :look: :lol: (Yep it's THAT serious.) I was amazed by how good this is. I won't lie, it's heavy (so use it with a light hand) but :love: it's good. If you can try a sample first to see how your hair reacts.... but I jumped in and bought the full size. I am so glad I did.

curlyhersheygirl

I haven't tried any HV butters but I've tried SSI And QB stuff.
SSI and QB provide the same level of initial moisture for me but in terms of long lasting moisture QB wins hands down.

destine2grow

I have only tried QB BRBC AND OHHB! I AM GOING TO TRY HV! I THINK I WILL GET THE ALMOND GLAZE AND THE HERBAL GREEN TEA

ThickRoot

The short answer is, I think you're going to have to try a few things and see what your hair likes cause everyone is different. :yep:

I'm the only one who the QB products do nothing for. :nono: In fact my hair gets dry, which is disappointing cause I can actually get QB stuff on the ground. I gave a full size jar of the AOHC to my nephew and I gave my SO the BRBC. The only thing I didn't really have a problem with was the OHHB and that smells divine.

The Shescentit butters work very well for my hair, both the marsmallow cream and the marula hemp butter but if I had to choose between the two I think I would go with the marula hemp butter. All day moisture less of a wet feeling if that makes sense. Never tried the jojoba milk.

Hairveda. On the moisturization scale I give the whipped cream ends a 6 or 7 out of 10, it wasn't "bad" but I felt there might be something better. I hate the smell of the almond glaze, I really didn't give that a shot I couldn't bear to smell it so I gave it away. The whipped jelly worked really well, soft hold with moisture. But I actually like the shescentit macadamia fixing gel a wee bit better. What else? The green tea butter is not like anything I ever used before, it's kinda soupy. The smell is weird but it did feel good in my hair. The whipped clouds was horrible! Omg the WC was soooo drying in my hair. But that's what I mean I absolutely hated it but some ladies here rave about it, so maybe get some samples of different things and try them out.

FYI...I'm relaxed now, but I went a year without a relaxer so when I tried most of these products I was working with two textures for real.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I like something out of each line (and have them all...or at least most of them). I think they all fit into my Regi Perfectly at different stages.:look:

HV: Love the Almond Glaze, the GTB and the Whipped Ends Hydration (lotion).
QB: Love the BRBC, the AOHC, OHHB, and CTDG
SSI: The Marshmallow Cream *I have a coupla' more, but haven't tried them yet*

AV: Ginger Root Pomade
Darcy's: Tucuma Butter

*just threw those in there*

allmundjoi

Thanks ladies!!!!!!! I still don't know what I am going to get, but thus helps narrow it down!

An_gell

I have tried HV green tea butter, whipped ends, and whipped clouds. They are good products, but they didn't do anything for my 4b hair. Now the green tea butter and whipped ends worked wonderfully for my baby's hair which is a 3 something she has beautiful spiral ringlet curls. I love to play in her hair. lol!! I think the whipped ends is better for loser textures that's just my opinion.. Now Qhemet, I love these products I am now using the alma and olive heavy cream and it works really well on my hair, but now that it's getting hotter I just ordered some burdock root cream because it's lighter . These products really are good, and I haven't tried shescentit butters so I can't give you any info on those.HTH

allmundjoi

Thanks...I probably should have mentioned I am in a No Buy Challenge...I'm a loser. Lol.

Kindheart

The Hairveda whipped cloud is AWFUL,close to the worst hair butter i have ever tried,gummy, sticky,it atttacts lint ,doesn't absorb at all.
Almond glaze - i was turned off by it when i found out it's a base for lip balms.
Shescent Seyani butter is thick and absorbs very well.
Qhemet Heavy cream was a miss for its high glycerin content.