12 inches in 12 Months 2012!

Inspiired

Ah well, we've learnt about generalised infectious diseases, some of which affect the scalp, however nothing specific to the scalp, nor any disease that originates from the body itself and affects the scalp.

Do you have anything you want to know, Inspiired ? :)

Ugh i'm falling ill...
Still.... gotta keep it going!!

SkySurfer - That's cool! No, I just think its fascination really, how research in the field can be applied to real life situations.

Hope you feel better chica!

Hmhg <3

Last edited:

jbwphoto1

@Spongebob @Nat1984

Me! Well, pretty much. :giggle: I grew 10" in my first year. 2" in March. Trimmed about an inch total. And I have pics! Take a look. I have more pics than that but, that gives pics of practically each month.

I was a newbie and saw the Grow an inch a month Challenge. So, that convinced me it was doable. :yep:

I'll have to pull up your pics once I get home. Wouldn't be able to explain why I'm at work looking at pics of a lady wearing nothing but a towel. :lachen:

Inspiired

Except for New Years Eve i am wearing my hair 'out' (in a braid out) for the first time in nearly 3 weeks.
It feels weird and i feel like i'm damaging my hair against my coat collar.
Plus side is my hair feels so soft and full.
Can't wait to DC overnight tonight and put it away again!

Bublin - I know exactly how you feel! My hair is always in protective styling that whenever it's out it feels like I'm dong something wrong, but it's fine! :)

Hmhg <3

I know the feeling, just bought myself two wigs (first time), we will see how it goes!:grin:

g.lo - How are you going to have your hair underneath?

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

Ugh! I have been sick this week so I,ve been slacking on pretty much everything :perplexed

I'm Finally going to drag myself out of bed and get it together today. First up I'm going to try that green smoothie recipe :lick: make sure I get my water and vitamins in, and maybe even co wash to tonight!

QUEENJAMES231 - do your thing girl! Water and the green smoothie should make you feel energised and alive!

Hmhg <3

fairyhairy

ok, I just invested in curls whipped cream yummy smells sooo good, Gidore amazing! ordered yesterday and received today!

Inspiired

So far so good on my regimen... I have stuck to my Insanity: The Asylum workout everyday and kept my hair braided up (except for about one and a half inches in the front) every day of this year, even though it's not that big of a deal because it's only 12 days into the year...:grin: I am wearing a 1/2 wig so unfortunately, I have to use heat in the front of my hair to blend it with the wig but I am going to be buying a silk based closure so I can braid all of my hair up and look natural. Hopefully I will have that by March. I have been diligent in taking my vitamins and using my sulfur/jbco on my scalp. I have washed my hair only once so far this year. I think I will wash my hair again right before February. I like the "outta sight, outta mind" aspect of this, it takes the anxiety of seeing every little bit of progress out of my HHJ...

HE_Blesses_MY_Tresses - a silk based closure sounds good!

Would you sew it in yourself?

Hmhg <3

I think i may strart using sulphur again because it has given me good results in the past but i just get lazy on application. I wear weaves like 90% of the time so i have to wash hair more regularly. has anyone found a way to do this successfully without ruining hair (weave hair lol). tia

kinky curlygenie - Sulphur sounds popular!

Where does everyone get their sulphur from?

Hmhg. <3

fairyhairy

awwh didn't see a pic - will have to look again, what are you using from them? are you coming to the meet on the 28th?

g.lo

Bublin - I know exactly how you feel! My hair is always in protective styling that whenever it's out it feels like I'm dong something wrong, but it's fine! :)

Hmhg <3

g.lo - How are you going to have your hair underneath?

Hmhg <3

i will be having about 24 single plaits underneath ( will cowash with plaits on), that is my plan!

jbwphoto1

[/CENTER]
@Bublin
Thanks for this! I'm going to check into this one. I like that it also has Mushroom extracts. Chinese mushrooms are superfoods for healing & health. Shiitake helps with: fibroids, blood pressure, cholesterol & cancer. & Maitake helps with: hemorrhoids, blood pressure, cancer, cholesterol, lowering blood sugar levels & chronic fatigue.

I usually take Nature's Sunshine HSN
A herbalist in my hometown also told me about Irwin's Natural's Healthy Skin & Hair & Nails
I'm going to compare the three & either chose 1 or all 3. :look:

I was checking all the hair vits to see if I may want to adjust what I'm already taking (biotin 5,000 mcg along with multi w/Iron and Vit D, super B-complex, triple omega) and was reading labels at all the links ladies are posting. The Irwin's has a warning at the very bottom of the label about California. Does anyone know anything about this? :nono:

@HE_Blesses_MY_Tresses - a silk based closure sounds good!

Would you sew it in yourself?

Hmhg <3

Yes I would sew it in by myself. I may go get the braids sewn in professionally so the braids would be tight (not too tight) but evenly spaced and neat and I don't have to spend all my time doing that. I haven't seen any lacefronts that I like and I haven't seen any work from beauticians that I like it's either too far up or too far down. I like the silk based closure because with me doing the Insanity workout, I can't afford to be putting heat on my edges every morning because of hoe I sweat...

jbwphoto1

@Inspriired For free?? That is very generous but don't u need to at least cover your expenses?
I'm not fussed with anything fancy just some lines and numbers on the back that start above APL.

I'm pretty much in agreement. Maybe Inspiired could do maybe a low number free as part of a contest and then start selling them through her blog. :yep:

bigbrowneyez

As an update: my hair is still in cornrows. I washed and redid them one by one last weekend. Don't plan to redo for another week.

nakialovesshoes

I think i may strart using sulphur again because it has given me good results in the past but i just get lazy on application. I wear weaves like 90% of the time so i have to wash hair more regularly. has anyone found a way to do this successfully without ruining hair (weave hair lol). tia

kinky curlygenie
I was making my own sulfur mix w/grapeseed oil & JBCO. However, I purchased my first bottle of M-T-G from the tractor supply store today. What did you use in the past?

I was checking all the hair vits to see if I may want to adjust what I'm already taking (biotin 5,000 mcg along with multi w/Iron and Vit D, super B-complex, triple omega) and was reading labels at all the links ladies are posting. The Irwin's has a warning at the very bottom of the label about California. Does anyone know anything about this? :nono:

@jbwphoto1
Thanks for this heads up. I had never heard of Irwin's prior to the recommendation. This is what I found among other articles: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/pre...ls-announces-california-settlement-194884.php :nono:

So that is scratched from the list of possibles...

Aggie

Except for New Years Eve i am wearing my hair 'out' (in a braid out) for the first time in nearly 3 weeks.
It feels weird and i feel like i'm damaging my hair against my coat collar.
Plus side is my hair feels so soft and full.
Can't wait to DC overnight tonight and put it away again!

I know this feeling all too well now Bublin. I have been wearing wash and go's for just about a year and got a lot of damage. As a result I ended up back to ear length and now I get a little anxious if I leave it out even for a day now. SSKs and split ends are the devil - I'm convinced!

Bublin

Aggie why not choose Challenges that compliment each other ie No Heat, 12inches in 12 months, Castor Oil, HYH. They would keep you motivated but reduce the 'overdoing it' aspect.

princesskaha

I've had these huge jars of powdered chlorella for years and they expire at the end of THIS year, so I'm biting the bullet and taking it.

When I first started chlorella, I used the pills and figured powder would be easier. Oh, how wrong I was. :nono: It's DISGUSTING. And I have four or five jars of the crap.

Anyway, ya'll wish me luck. I started it last night and it was a struggle. But it's spectacular for health and it also aids in hair growth, sooo :crossfingers:
have you tried mixing it into something you like such as a smoothie or something? I've never had the stuff but I can totally relate to getting a huge stash of something you can't stand but is good for you!so not fun:ohwell:

kinky curlygenie

not bad prices either for that size bc you dont use that much in ratio to oil

@kinky curlygenie
I was making my own sulfur mix w/grapeseed oil & JBCO. However, I purchased my first bottle of M-T-G from the tractor supply store today. What did you use in the past?

yea i mis my own uslfur mix also - i put normal castor oil as well as grapeseed lol in oneof my mixes i have used the last of my coconut oil as well which gives it a nioce smell. but the coconut is only a small batch as coconut oil doesnt last long in the mix for some reasonor another

Inspiired

Yes I would sew it in by myself. I may go get the braids sewn in professionally so the braids would be tight (not too tight) but evenly spaced and neat and I don't have to spend all my time doing that. I haven't seen any lacefronts that I like and I haven't seen any work from beauticians that I like it's either too far up or too far down. I like the silk based closure because with me doing the Insanity workout, I can't afford to be putting heat on my edges every morning because of how I sweat...

HE_Blesses_MY_Tresses - I totally understand, it's good that you know what to do / what you want to do :)

Hmhg <3