12 Inches In 12 Months - 2016

Guinan

Re-Branding
Bout to wash my hair! I have had this wng now for almost a week. I finger detangled yesterday and had to cut out some knots. I really wish I had been M&S my hair. I'm gonna try the kinky curly "Come Clean" shampoo and the jane carter styling cream for my wng tomorrow. If I don't like it I'll just wash it out. I plan on DCing overnight.

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
Bout to wash my hair! I have had this wng now for almost a week. I finger detangled yesterday and had to cut out some knots. I really wish I had been M&S my hair. I'm gonna try the kinky curly "Come Clean" shampoo and the jane carter styling cream for my wng tomorrow. If I don't like it I'll just wash it out. I plan on DCing overnight.

Post pics of the WnG...your hair gives me life!

bluenvy

Washed and dc today. Applied leave in and heat protection, blow dried and up in a bun until I flat iron.
I'm going to a wedding tomorrow so that's my reason to straighten so soon.

I last post flat iron results two months ago. I hope it grew at least an inch...
Be back later with pic

bluenvy

My hair is slowly coming along. Not much a difference from two months ago.
It hasn't grew much during this pregnancy.
Baby girl is due next month, and I have a while after that to fully bounce back to normal hair growth.

All I can do is continue taking care of it. Glad it's still hanging on, can't complain about that.

Left pic two months ago
Right pic today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 35

Aggie

My hair is slowly coming along. Not much a difference from two months ago.
It hasn't grew much during this pregnancy.
Baby girl is due next month, and I have a while after that to fully bounce back to normal hair growth.

All I can do is continue taking care of it. Glad it's still hanging on, can't complain about that.

Left pic two months ago
Right pic today
Your hair look very healthy @bluenvy

Guinan

Re-Branding
When I came back from the beach, I had washed my hair and tried that Jane Carter stuff. I washed my hair a day later. I had soooo many knots and matting. I gave myself a trim (cut about 1/2inch). I'll do MHM on Sunday and see how my hair responds. I think the knots are from me not properly finger detangling before I wet my hair. I don't know what's causing some of the matting though. I don't it's from using the KC shampoo.

My hair has been shedding a lot too; which I think is due to the anemia. I really hope these iron pills my doc prescribed helps.

Daina

@pelohello, have you had your Vit D level checked? I'm anemic also and take iron but also found out I was Vit D deficient which my doc told me is common for women who suffer from anemia. My hair was shedding and thinning a lot too before I started taking my iron AND Vit D supps.

Guinan

Re-Branding
@pelohello, have you had your Vit D level checked? I'm anemic also and take iron but also found out I was Vit D deficient which my doc told me is common for women who suffer from anemia. My hair was shedding and thinning a lot too before I started taking my iron AND Vit D supps.

No I haven't had my vit d checked. I have to get blood taken monthly now, so when I go to my next doc appointment I'll make sure I ask about the vit d.

Once you started taking iron and vit d, how soon did you notice your hair improving?

Guinan

Re-Branding
I M&S my wng today. I used diluted KCNT and my homemade shea butter mixture. I put my wng in a half up/half down top knot. I plan on doing MHM on Sunday. I def think I need to start back doing M&S. I had no knots or matting!!

Daina

No I haven't had my vit d checked. I have to get blood taken monthly now, so when I go to my next doc appointment I'll make sure I ask about the vit d.

Once you started taking iron and vit d, how soon did you notice your hair improving?

@pelohello, once I was consistent probably about a month before the shedding stopped.

Aggie

This morning I am:

Prepooing with Hairdrenalin Potion on my scalp and Hemp Seed oil on the length of my hair with a conditioning cap for 30 minutes

Shampooing with Macadamia Natural Oil Moisturizing Shampoo

Deep Conditioning with Keracare Super Reconstructor followed up with NG Mango and Coconut Water Infused Deep Conditioner

Moisturizing with Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer

Sealing with Bekura Apple and Sorghum Supple Hair Syrup.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Today was a GREAT wash day!!! I had no matting and maybe 3 knots that had to be cut out. I prepooed with diluted KCNT and olive oil, then washed my hair with KC-Come clean shampoo and I am currently DCing overnight with KCNT. I washed my hair in 4 sections and then twisted the 4 sections. I let my hair air dry alittle and then applied the DC and used a wide tooth comb to finish detangling.

My hair is still shedding a lot, but I think I am the one that is causing the breakage by not properly detangling and trying to take short cuts when washing my hair.

Tomorrow will be a wng. I plan on washing my hair again on Friday.

I really need to start practicing patience and stop being so rough with my hair.

Aggie

Just completed day 1 of my inversions for the month of August, massage 5 minutes, no oil.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm annoyed. I reading some of my previous posts in this thread and I realized I haven't retained nothing this year:(

Starting today I'm will be inverting, no more cutting , take my vitamins, drink water and I need to go back to protective styling. If I grow and retain 3inches that will put me at mbl by the end of the year.

Aggie

Day 3 of my August inversions complete, no massage, no oil - too lazy today for all that.