12 inches in 12 Months 2012!

kinky curlygenie

i get soo lost in which things i have posted in or not i have put a thanks and my starting pic will hopefully appaer on my siggy

current length almost APL
goal: BSL or longer :)

Bublin

@Bublin @Aggie -omg defo need to try Aubreys! It's a UK company isn't it? Where does everyone get it from?

Hmhg <3

@Inspiired I believe it's an American company but it's fairly easy to get here in the UK. Most health food/product shops sell it. Which area of London are you? I get my AO products mainly from Baldwins. You can buy them online too. Unfortunately here in the UK we pay way more than our US cousins so AO is considered high-end here. I have paid £10.99 for a bottle of the Honeysuckle Rose, however it does last a long time even if you are heavy handed.
I think only AO conditioners are raved about, the other products are so-so.

QUEENJAMES231

No I am not much of a mistress I just made the protein treatment because I haven't found a store bought all natural alternative that I like, so I just went with the simplest recipe I could find Lol.

And yes protein, acv, mud. Protein for stength, acv to clarify, then the mud wash to cleanse/condition

Aggie

@Aggie we seem to like the same products. I love Keracare and AO products. This morning my hair feels soft. I noticed that the Hydrating cream doesn't have glycerin which is why i gave it a try. I'm going to try the rest of the products at my next wash. If i like they may be added to my staple list and they're easily available here in the UK.

@Bublin @Aggie -omg defo need to try Aubreys! It's a UK company isn't it? Where does everyone get it from?

Hmhg <3

@greenandchic - one time I was in my kitchen and told I wanted to try tea on my hair, she looked at me like I was crazy! What does it do?

Hmhg <3

Bublin, you're right. I didn't even know you were using the same products as I was. Girl 4 years and 3 setbacks on this hair journey and I finally found my staple hair products:yep:.

Inspiired, I get my AO products online because there aren't any stores here in the Bahamas that carry them. I purchase them from either www.vitacost.com or www.iherb.com. Vitacost is cheaper though.

Also I trust you are using black tea as your hair rinse. If it is, black tea acts as a tanin which simply means it adds strength to your hair and the caffeine in it stimulates hair growth in the scalp once it's allowed to stay on the scalp for about 2-5 minutes or even longer with a plastic cap on, with or without heat.

Aggie

I don't think I ever posted my plan of action for this challenge.

I will be:

washing and DCing once a week,

cowashing with black tea rinses throughout the week (maybe twice a week) on braided hair,

protective styling with mainly wigs,

GHE'ing my hair about twice a week (possibly the same days of my tea rinses),

massaging my scalp 2-3 times a week with JBCO, MN, and some rosemary, lavender, cedarwood essential oils and a few others,

drinking lots of water,

daily vitamins including biotin, pantothenic acid, silica, hairfinity hair vitamins, vitamin ester-C, E, B-Complex, Fish Oils, MSM, EPO.

Also here is my starting pic:

Attachments

• Hair Updates November 10th, 2011 006.jpg
    Hair Updates November 10th, 2011 006.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 27

Moca

I hope my starting picture is visible as my avitar sheesh...
I'm just checking in. Today I did a ayurvedic paste, co washed, and dc with kenra moist condish...
I then moist and sealed/ scalp massaged with mahabhringraj oil.. I'm now doing the ghe over night...

Sent from my PG86100 using PG86100

Lila25

Ok,

This is going to be my first challenge I enter since joining LHCF, im so excited!!!!I'm definitely going to incorporate oil rinses, I tried it for the first time yesterday before washing my hair and the comb glided through. Since the comb went through so easily, I'm going to try going for two to three weeks using the no-comb method..not going to use my fingers either..at least I'm going to try. :)

Good luck ladies!!!

zionlady

Here it is. Hope you don't mind...
Thanks greenandchic for uploading the pix for me. How did you do it? Thats was a lot of help

zionlady

@zionlady - Since you've got braids, definitely spray with braid spray everyday and maybe every week seal with an oil mix (to prevent buildup). You canalso wash whenever you feel the need to. Tell me how this goes!

Hmhg <3

Thanks inspiired for your suggestion. I am currently using wild growth hair oil on my scalp every other day and also mn mixed with either virgin hair fertilizer or wild growth hair oil on my edges. I will incoperate the braid spray and see how it goes.

fairyhairy

Ok keeping trying to simple, I am going to review my regime each month see what works what doesn't i'll ditch

regime:

Prepoo x 1 a week: coconut oil

wash x 1 a week:
tresemme moisture shampoo diluted

DC x1 a week:
Vatika Virgin Olive oil hair mask - love this stuff just started using and its making my hair feel good

After Wash Leave in x 1:
S-curl applied to wet hair seal with castor oil, reapply when hair is dry baggy overnight

Moisturize x 2-3 a week: S-curl sealed with keracare essential oils applied on dry hair, baggy overnight

Styles:
Twist out using sheabutter mix of aloe vera gel coconut oil,

Key focuses:
Edges: daily application of JBCO before bed
Ends x 1 : castor oil seal

yeah i know simple right :rolleyes:

Inspiired

@Inspiired I believe it's an American company but it's fairly easy to get here in the UK. Most health food/product shops sell it. Which area of London are you? I get my AO products mainly from Baldwins. You can buy them online too. Unfortunately here in the UK we pay way more than our US cousins so AO is considered high-end here. I have paid £10.99 for a bottle of the Honeysuckle Rose, however it does last a long time even if you are heavy handed.
I think only AO conditioners are raved about, the other products are so-so.

Aubrey's also have their own store in Croydon
http://www.aubreyorganicsuk.co.uk/contact-us.html

Thanks - i didn't know that! I hope their prices are a bit cheaper than what i have been paying.

Also gidore.com seem to having a sale on them too - I think I'll try it out soon! Thanks girls :)

Hmhg <3

Last edited:

Inspiired

Bublin, you're right. I didn't even know you were using the same products as I was. Girl 4 years and 3 setbacks on this hair journey and I finally found my staple hair products:yep:.

Inspiired, I get my AO products online because there aren't any stores here in the Bahamas that carry them. I purchase them from either www.vitacost.com or www.iherb.com. Vitacost is cheaper though.

Also I trust you are using black tea as your hair rinse. If it is, black tea acts as a tanin which simply means it adds strength to your hair and the caffeine in it stimulates hair growth in the scalp once it's allowed to stay on the scalp for about 2-5 minutes or even longer with a plastic cap on, with or without heat.

Aggie - that's cool, thank you - I never knew that! Defo adding that to my 'to try list'!

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

I hope my starting picture is visible as my avitar sheesh...
I'm just checking in. Today I did a ayurvedic paste, co washed, and dc with kenra moist condish...
I then moist and sealed/ scalp massaged with mahabhringraj oil.. I'm now doing the ghe over night...

Sent from my PG86100 using PG86100

Moca - wow that oil looks like a tongue twister!

Thanks for checking in :)

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

Ok,

This is going to be my first challenge I enter since joining LHCF, im so excited!!!!I'm definitely going to incorporate oil rinses, I tried it for the first time yesterday before washing my hair and the comb glided through. Since the comb went through so easily, I'm going to try going for two to three weeks using the no-comb method..not going to use my fingers either..at least I'm going to try. :)

Good luck ladies!!!

Lila25 - yay I'm exciting too! :)

Can't wait to see your progress! What oils do you use for the oil rinses?

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

Ok keeping trying to simple, I am going to review my regime each month see what works what doesn't i'll ditch

regime:

Prepoo x 1 a week: coconut oil

wash x 1 a week:
tresemme moisture shampoo diluted

DC x1 a week:
Vatika Virgin Olive oil hair mask - love this stuff just started using and its making my hair feel good

After Wash Leave in x 1:
S-curl applied to wet hair seal with castor oil, reapply when hair is dry baggy overnight

Moisturize x 2-3 a week: S-curl sealed with keracare essential oils applied on dry hair, baggy overnight

Styles:
Twist out using sheabutter mix of aloe vera gel coconut oil,

Key focuses:
Edges: daily application of JBCO before bed
Ends x 1 : castor oil seal

yeah i know simple right :rolleyes:

fairyhairy - I'm all about simplicity. & I'll be reviewing my 'regimen' every month too! :)

Hmhg <3

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
How's everyone doing?

I am sticking to my reggie. I started going to the gym over the weekend. I plan to go at least 4 times per week. I also started the atkins diet so I am hoping that I will also get a hair growth boost with the extra protein. :grin:

youwillrise

Hey...I'm still in this. I owe my picture! I will take one this weekend and post it up. I've decided that id try out new styles this year...since I'm not good at styling, they won't be anything intricate or fancy and most will be done in the shower. Still using the same products, just changing the style regimen.

: P

I've been taking those gummy vitamins lol
And I've added more water.

I'm sleepy!

Inspiired

How's everyone doing?

I am sticking to my reggie. I started going to the gym over the weekend. I plan to go at least 4 times per week. I also started the atkins diet so I am hoping that I will also get a hair growth boost with the extra protein. :grin:

QueenAmaka - great thanks!

Thank you for the support, I appreciate it! I'm tryna keep this board going everyday as well as write a blogpost everyday for everyone.

I've been doing a castor/olive oil scalp massage everyday and I did a Greek yogurt DC yesterday and mini twists today :) still drinking water! Vitamins finished yesterday so need to get more, may try a new one :)

Protein sounds good! I'm eating as much fish as poss :)

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

Hey...I'm still in this. I owe my picture! I will take one this weekend and post it up. I've decided that id try out new styles this year...since I'm not good at styling, they won't be anything intricate or fancy and most will be done in the shower. Still using the same products, just changing the style regimen.

: P

I've been taking those gummy vitamins lol
And I've added more water.

I'm sleepy!

youwillrise - that's fine! As long as you've taken a picture at least for your reference that you can relate back to and compare! :)

Hmhg <3

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I've had these huge jars of powdered chlorella for years and they expire at the end of THIS year, so I'm biting the bullet and taking it.

When I first started chlorella, I used the pills and figured powder would be easier. Oh, how wrong I was. :nono: It's DISGUSTING. And I have four or five jars of the crap.

Anyway, ya'll wish me luck. I started it last night and it was a struggle. But it's spectacular for health and it also aids in hair growth, sooo :crossfingers: