12 inches in 12 Months 2012!

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
Still going strong. I plan to wash this weekend. I've stopped using sulfur hair growth oil as I plan to relax next weekend. Good Luck Ladies

nakialovesshoes

Just an idea. And yes, I do realize that I'm quite obsessed. :look:

Since I'm growing out a TWA, it's easy for me to mark off spots on my face. The other day I took a pic & marked on my face where my hair stopped with a lip liner pencil. Then I measured an inch & made another mark & took a picture. If I'm truly getting an inch per month, my hair will be at the mark by next month, same time.

On another note, I'm going to get some M-T-G & or MT tomorrow, make that Monday. I still can't decide which one I want to do 1st. :drunk:

zionlady

My beginning pix

Ogoma

Since I'm growing out a TWA, it's easy for me to mark off spots on my face. The other day I took a pic & marked on my face where my hair stopped with a lip liner pencil. Then I measured an inch & made another mark & took a picture. If I'm truly getting an inch per month, my hair will be at the mark by next month, same time.

On another note, I'm going to get some M-T-G & or MT tomorrow, make that Monday. I still can't decide which one I want to do 1st. :drunk:

I never thought of that. Great tip. I'll do it for next month.

Ijanei

Trying something new this year, hoping it can retain every little inch this year. about to oil rinse, wash, air dry and then flat iron with heat protectant, then use this spray oil and profectiv oil to seal the ends and keep the hair with a shine.

Inspiired

Seeing my short hair all the time makes me desperate to grow my hair out so I decided to get corn braids to hide my hair for a while. That means I have to come out with a new regimen for this challenge. Can any of you ladies help me out! What is a good regimen for corn braids apart from taking the vits? Thanks in advance

zionlady - Since you've got braids, definitely spray with braid spray everyday and maybe every week seal with an oil mix (to prevent buildup). You canalso wash whenever you feel the need to. Tell me how this goes!

Hmhg <3

Last edited:

Inspiired

Good idea nakialovesshoes :)

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

Trying something new this year, hoping it can retain every little inch this year. about to oil rinse, wash, air dry and then flat iron with heat protectant, then use this spray oil and profectiv oil to seal the ends and keep the hair with a shine.

Ijanei - Sounds like it's gonna be shiny! How often do you flat iron? :)

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

@Inspiired
it was once every week last year, then i backed away for about a month or two, so now I flat iron every other week. No loss of curl pattern, no breakage or anything and it has been working for me:yep:

That's cool! It's good, you've worked a regimen around it to prevent damage :)

Hmhg <3

fairyhairy

okay taken out my weave

so my starting length is about 6inches from my nape

goal is at least 10 inches

am going to have to figure out a more solid regime though

Bublin

I forgot i was given a travel set of Morrocan Oil products. I used the Hydrating Cream today after spritzing with plain water. I'll see how my hair feels in the morning.
There aren't many reviews on this product.

Aggie

I forgot i was given a travel set of Morrocan Oil products. I used the Hydrating Cream today after spritzing with plain water. I'll see how my hair feels in the morning.
There aren't many reviews on this product.

They're very expensive and the containers are pretty samll but I use them and absolutley love them. They are actually staples of mine along with KeraCare and Aubrey organnics.

I use the Moroccanoil moisturizing shampoo, hydrating conditioner, hydrating masque and restorative masque. I also use the MO oil treatment and I love them all.

I know they're expensive, but my hair loves them.

ETA - I just started using them about 4 - sorry 6 months ago and just had to make them a part of my staples.

Last edited:

Bublin

Aggie we seem to like the same products. I love Keracare and AO products. This morning my hair feels soft. I noticed that the Hydrating cream doesn't have glycerin which is why i gave it a try. I'm going to try the rest of the products at my next wash. If i like they may be added to my staple list and they're easily available here in the UK.

greenandchic

Tonight I prepooed my hair with amla coconut oil, used Earl Gray tea for a rinse (been slacking on that) and eventually used AO GPB Conditioner. My hair feels like a cloud, but strong.

QUEENJAMES231

this wash day I washed with did a protein treatment/acv rinse/ then TE Mud Wash.

For the protein treatment i used an egg,2 tbls of coconut oil and about half the can of coconut milk. I loved results. I will post pics later it's not letting me use the attachment feature right now :sad:

I'm rocking two strand twists for the rest of the week.

Inspiired

They're very expensive and the containers are pretty samll but I use them and absolutley love them. They are actually staples of mine along with KeraCare and Aubrey organnics.

I use the Moroccanoil moisturizing shampoo, hydrating conditioner, hydrating masque and restorative masque. I also use the MO oil treatment and I love them all.

I know they're expensive, but my hair loves them.

ETA - I just started using them about 4 - sorry 6 months ago and just had to make them a part of my staples.

Aggie we seem to like the same products. I love Keracare and AO products. This morning my hair feels soft. I noticed that the Hydrating cream doesn't have glycerin which is why i gave it a try. I'm going to try the rest of the products at my next wash. If i like they may be added to my staple list and they're easily available here in the UK.

Bublin Aggie -omg defo need to try Aubreys! It's a UK company isn't it? Where does everyone get it from?

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

Tonight I prepooed my hair with amla coconut oil, used Earl Gray tea for a rinse (been slacking on that) and eventually used AO GPB Conditioner. My hair feels like a cloud, but strong.

greenandchic - one time I was in my kitchen and told I wanted to try tea on my hair, she looked at me like I was crazy! What does it do?

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

this wash day I washed with did a protein treatment/acv rinse/ then TE Mud Wash.

For the protein treatment i used an egg,2 tbls of coconut oil and about half the can of coconut milk. I loved results. I will post pics later it's not letting me use the attachment feature right now :sad:

I'm rocking two strand twists for the rest of the week.

QUEENJAMES231 - lovelyyy - would you ever consider making your own TE mud wash as you made your own protein treatment? & is that the order you did it in? Protein > ACV > Mud Wash? Really sounds good :)

Hmhg <3