Why are RPGShow Wigs so expensive? My goodness!

Smiley79

As I mentioned in a another thread, I want to lay off the weaves so I dont have to straighten out my leave out; so im thinking about full wigs for my future protective styling. These RPgShow wigs seems popular but im shocked at the prices. Why are they so high? Sorry y'all, I had to vent.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I have 2 from RPG.
My last one shed like a beast...and the texture was too silky although I ordered a yaki unit.

Sticking with best lace wigs. Some people hate them.. But I've yet to have a bad experience.

Platinum wigs was the WORST. Yuck on the quality.

xu93texas

As I mentioned in a another thread, I want to lay off the weaves so I dont have to straighten out my leave out; so im thinking about full wigs for my future protective styling. These RPgShow wigs seems popular but im shocked at the prices. Why are they so high? Sorry y'all, I had to vent.

Go ahead and vent :) I keep asking myself that as well.
I've been on YT all day watching reviews and I've only heard good things. I really want one.

tuffCOOKiE

I have 2 from RPG.
My last one shed like a beast...and the texture was too silky although I ordered a yaki unit.

Sticking with best lace wigs. Some people hate them.. But I've yet to have a bad experience.

Platinum wigs was the WORST. Yuck on the quality.

yaya24 Which have you ordered from the bestlacewigs website? The set-up looks exactly the same as RPG.

@OP: I ordered from RPG even though my friend told me not to. I would say that when the wig came (I have to experience with wigs, let alone lace ones), I was a little disappointed. I also went through all the YT videos so I was SUPER disappointed

DrC

I thought RPG Show wasn't a good place to buy. I heard more negative reviews than positive.

tamikachu =]

They send the good wigs to the "YouTube gurus" to review and give the customers the crap hair. When it comes to weaves/wigs forums are the best places to look for reviews not YouTube.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
I bought my first full lace wig from ClassicLaceWigs. It's still pretty expensive but it's very good quality. Everyone thinks its my natural hair blown out and I have yet to see any negative reviews. The customer service was great and they answered all of my questions. Check out PhillyzJamPoet video. She has great wig reviews. Let me know if you would like to see a pic of my wig. Hope this helps :grin:.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8D5W8U22Ns

Smiley79

tamikachu =];19169647 said:
They send the good wigs to the "YouTube gurus" to review and give the customers the crap hair. When it comes to weaves/wigs forums are the best places to look for reviews not YouTube.

This! I believe that is the case too. What a shame if that is so.:nono:

Smiley79

I bought my first full lace wig from ClassicLaceWigs. It's still pretty expensive but it's very good quality. Everyone thinks its my natural hair blown out and I have yet to see any negative reviews. The customer service was great and they answered all of my questions. Check out PhillyzJamPoet video. She has great wig reviews. Let me know if you would like to see a pic of my wig. Hope this helps :grin:.

Thanks tashboog, I'll check it out.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
@tuffCOOKiE

I will have to get into my inbox this evening and find some receipts to let you know which one's I have ordered. :yep:

My BLW units last for over 2 years (longer if I don't get bored with them and start cutting too much into them and dying them).

DrC

tashboog I wanna see! :grin:

Ann0804

Initially I really liked the bob style I ordered, but within a week the seam tore apart so now I can't even secure it well. Also I doubt this is human hair- the texture just doesn't feel right. The hair does not hold a curl at all. Basically, my $30 wigs are better quality than my $300 RPGshow wig. Never again will I spend that type of money on a wig.

I saw a youtuber who receives free wigs from rpgshow say she would never pay that type of money for one, so that IMO confirms how the wigs are not worth the price.

Smiley79

Wow, that's crazy. I would be so upset to have spent that much money only to have an experience like that.

Smiley79

kweenameena I know the girls at BHM are always up to the times with information on best LF wig vendors and on AliExpress experiences or recommendations.

Lately, I'm sensing that the hype of searching for that one single "good hair vendor" is dying down and people are realizing that positive experiences are hit or miss and you just gotta take a chance and experiment until you find that perfect one. (Unless ofcourse if it's a company with straight bad reviews, then just run for the hills.) The YouTube hair-marketing craze of fly-by-night hair companies these past couple years has disappointed me but that's a whole different thread I'll start on a day when I have nothing better to talk about, lol.

Lymegreen

This thread inspired my to pull out my old catherine marion wig. She does not do lace fronts and I stopped wearing her wig because it was too heavy and the hair strands were so thick... anyway I cut a u part into it (I had the side swoop) and cut a lot of the hair out. It looks just ok but it stopped me from buying rpg for now.

I just can't justify spending another $200+ on a wig that I don't know if Im going to like... but the rpg wigs do look good on the internet.

Smiley79

And yes it really does look like your natural hair got blown out.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
tashboog how many inches is your unit? Looks so natural!!! Thanks for sharing.
ceecy29 thx :grin:! The hair is 14 inches long, yaki straight, medium lace, full lace wig, silk top, custom made. It cost me $280 with shipping but it was well worth the money :yep:. I've just recently cut china bangs on the wig so now it looks like a new wig :lol:.