My Mom almost convinced me not to wear wigs

isawstars

as a protective style. Yesterday I asked her if she'd like to look at wigs with me and she told me "You do not need to buy any wigs. You have good hair. You have no business wearing wigs."

I was shocked by her reaction. I was seriously thinking about how I could go back to my 2006/2007 regimen of flat ironing once a week. :nono: But I've decided that it's my choice and I want to make sure I reach my goal. It's okay that my mom doesn't understand why I want to wear half wigs. I can SHOW her why.

So I'm going to the BSS by myself today to decide whether I will buy a half wig there or just order the ones I saw on ebay. I'm really excited. I am really serious about my hair goals. APL is way overdue for me. I was so close to it in 2007 but I stopped caring.

likewtr4chklit

Girl prepare yourself for more nay sayers. Gone and get you some nice wigs and half wigs, I'm about to order another synthetic lace front on pay day LOL!

naturalmanenyc

That's too bad. I had a great time wig shopping with my mom. She has at least 10 wigs herself.

Many people wear wigs. Ladies with long hair wear them too.....because they don't want to cut their own hair.

Lynnerie

Well, you know you have to do you. But at least your mom said you don't need wigs. She was complimenting you but once you show her she will understand why.

Lady S

I know for a lot of people wigs is synonymous with having hair issues, but it's also a lot of fun. You get to play with styles and colors without damaging your real hair. And wigs are so much better made then they probably were in her day. So, maybe after she sees how fun, versatile, and well made wigs are today she'll join you.

And if she hates the wig, she doesn't have to know about it if you don't wear it around her. :ninja: :sekret:

meecee

Once you find the perfect wig that complements you, she'll change her mind and want one herself. Don't worry about the naysayers. Just find a wig or half wig that you're comfortable with and have fun wearing it. My younger brother clowns me all the time for wearing wigs. For me its the perfect solution to wanting a new hairstyle or color, without sacraficing length or hair health.

Happy wig wearing to you :)