Votes: 156 26.9%
  • I will be getting a relaxer soon

Votes: 11 1.9%
  • Definetly no

Votes: 18 3.1%

• Total voters

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
i'm not sure. i like my natural hair, but i'm not happy with how short it is and how slow its growing. this is making me want to relax.

well... i did end up relaxing in november. but i seriously regret it and i miss my hair so much. i never realized how much i disliked relaxed hair until i had it again. so after this hard, bull crap transition is over, i'm definitely a lifer.

bluediamond0829

I dont know if i voted before but i perfer being natural this is the longest ive ever went and the longest that my hair has been. My hair is healthy and im not really worried about length. I have the best of both worlds.

As long as their are dominican salons, press irons, curlformers, flexi rods ---im am in so good. LOL

Actually relaxing hasnt really crossed my mind because i know it doesnt take much to straighten my hair---and i know that my hair would probably be the same way with the humidity even if i was relaxed cuz i used to have the same issues...

isabella09

With all the products and equipment I’ve brought and the techniques I’ve learnt, I really hope to stay natural for life.

Lucky's Mom

I will never relax my hair again. In my opinion, the products that are required for upkeep of relaxers, and the desturctive effects to my hair shaft keep me away forever.

darlingdiva

I voted natural for life. I love my natural hair & I love taking care of it even more.

If I got a relaxer, I'd have to go back to the salon (there's no way I'd trust myself to do my own relaxer. I would UNDOUBTEDLY be bald.)

tocktick

Yes, I am. In my hair growing journey, I've had many points where I thought a relaxer would be the solution to my problems. However, I realised that I would need to create a whole new regimen and relaxed hair would come with it's own set of problems. The thought of regular touch-ups is not something I find appealing. Especially because I know I'd wind up doing them myself and would always be nervous about the application going wrong. Plus, I don't think relaxed hair is as versatile as natural hair.

Ultimately, I'd wind up transitioning again and would probably be very disappointed in myself that I'd wasted time.

Last edited:

Pooks

Yep, 26 years going strong, I'm staying natural for life. I have never had my hair chemically altered, and can't ever see it happening. For me its a life choice - my parents started me off this way and I honestly can't see any circumstances that would make me want to do it. Granted, if I have an extreme change in circumstances i.e. kids (God-willing) I will have alot less me-time and hair-time, but thats where a lo-mani/protective styling regimen would kick in. There are just so many options to explore with natural hair! :yep:

ETA: I love the way the poll is shaping up - once you go natural, it looks like everyone wants to stay that way!

Ramya

Natural for life. I have no reason to relax. I love my hair so much more now than I did when I was relaxed. :yep:

beauti4dlo

I honestly don't think I'll be rellaxing ever again. I feel like if I would like to wear my hair straight, there are other alternatives that are not permanent. Plus I love and enjoy curly hair, it's beautiful in my eyes!!! And honestly, I'm breaking barriers that I had not reached whenI did have relaxers... SO I'm content with my natural hair. Yes there's much to learn, but I like learning new things... I'm a natural- FOR LIFE :drunk:

Ediese

I'm not sure. I absolutely love my natural hair, but I can't stand the shrinkage. I hate that the longer it gets it still doesn't appear long. What's the sense of having WL hair if it's SL when unstretched. The thought irritates me. On the other hand, I do really love the versatility of natural hair, and I've fallen in love with my natural texture.

I'll be natural for the rest of my life. I can not maintain straight hair.. period. Plus my thin hair can not take a relaxer let alone constant flat ironing.

I'm the last girl in a long line of siblings and never had to comb my hair. I was constantly relying upon relatives and stylist to do my hair.

Natural styles are easy for me to do and maintain, and I realized that I love BIG hair! It makes my big head seem more proportionate LOL.

IrisDaVirus

I'm done. No more relaxers for me. My natural hair is too peaceful and easy for me to even think of going back to relaxers again. I am in love with the natural glory given to me. That love is here to stay.

Mrs.Fitness

I am transitioning right now. I work out so much, sometimes twice a day. It is impossible for me to maintain straight hair consistently. I love how healthy my hair is feeling during this transition. I will NEVER turn back after I chop.

fyb87

Being that even when I had a relaxer my hair basically looked the same it wouldn't make any sense to ever put another in my hair!! Only differene was my curls were a little looser. I still went back and forth between straight and wash-n-go's!

Stiletto_Diva

I chose indecisive. A relaxer isn't totally out of the question in the future, but I do the like freedom of not having to get a touch up. I've had issues with retaining growth with a relaxer and as a natural. With a relaxer my hair shedded a lot and I couldn't get it much further past shoulder length, but on the other hand I didn't know how to take care of my hair like i do now. As a natural no matter what I do I can't get the single strand knots under control and I'm always trying to cut them off when I get my hair straightened. My plan for now is to grow my natural hair to BSL and go from there. If I choose to relax at that length and regret it I feel that my hair will be long enough to wear in a bun in order to do a long transition so I wouldn't have to do the BC again.

NikStarrr

Yep. I believe I'm natural for life. Now I'm not sure I will wear textured "natural" styles forever, but before I'd ever relax I would just switch to being a natural who always wears their hair straight. I just don't see any need for chemicals.

Aviah

There was no option for me. I voted never say never but I'm 90% sure I'll always be natural... I get bored of straight hair- fast.

MissK7

well still technically transitioning...i just cut off apl relaxed hair til about ear lenth and put it in braids...so i have about 2 inches of new growth and about 3 in of relaxed ends..i left some on cause i wanted some hair for the braids ad i didnt know how much they needed lol.. but i am defintely natural for life!!! i love me exactly as i am 100% acceptance and my hair is beautiful!!!!!!!!! i'm going crazy with these silly braids cant wait to see my thick fluffiness again!!!!!!!:lick: