WEN Mango/Coconut Review

Coffee

@Iluvsmuhgrass, the Mango Coconut is the standard $29, but each additional one is $3 off, as of 9am EST.

Okay, I'm going to be honest. My hair did NOT like the Mango Coconut :nono:. I will use it again, to be sure, but I did the EXACT same routine with it and the Gardenia Green Tea one, and had two totally different results.

I use Wen as a cowash after an ayurvedic tea or mask, which is what I did last night. Left mask in for hour, rinsed super thoroughly, parted hair in four sections, applied 4 pumps to each section, massaged vigorously, combed through, and pinned up while I finished each section. When I was done with all 4 sections, I went back to the first one, rinsed it, applied 2 pumps, and left in until done showering. I have all 4 of the seasonal fragrances, and this was the only one that left my hair tangled and hard to get through. When I finished steaming for 45 minutes, I was able to detangle just fine, but I was disappointed.

That said, I LOVE the scent and will find some way to incorporate it. I'll try it again to see if this time was just a fluke, but my initial impression was not happy.

Just an FYI, the $3 off is always available for the 2nd or 3rd purchase within the same order. I got it when I ordered several bottles a week or so ago.

Coffee

WEN proper Cleansing, please be sure you are :

1) Using ENOUGH Pumps
2) Massaging and Working Through your scalp and Hair.
3) ADDING A Splash of water to Help emulsify.
4) Combing through your Hair
... To penetrate Evenly & Remove tangles.
5) RINSE Throughly while Massaging your scalp & running your fingers through to the ends of your Hair. (I Comb while rinsing).
6) Be Sure to CLEANSE, RINSE & REPEAT.
Which ensures for a through cleansing. Adding More Shine, Bounce, Body & Manageability..

Ps.
Don't forget to apply the WEN Styling Creme to soaking wet Hair to help eliminate frizz & to protect it from styling Heat..

cutenss

ALL WEN PRODUCTS (CLEANSING CONDITIONER, REMOIST, OILS, BRUSHES, ETC)IS ON 5EASY PAYS RIGHT NOW! WEN GALLONS ARE ON 6 EASY PAYS!

I thought it warranted all caps :look:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I already have 3 tsv coming this month so I can't order anymore! Wish I could get the gallon though so I might just order that lol. My hubby gone kill me can't wait to try the new one in my tsv though :)

kellistarr

@JJamiah,IDareT'sHair,tiffers Ohooooo baby baby. It felt so goooooooooood to me and I'm ready to do it again and again..... Yes, oh yes, it was awesome and I have already ordered 3 more bottles. The smell just turned me on and when I put it on my hair, I got weak. It's a 10+++++++++++++++, better than the Ginger Pumpkin in my opinion. Do it to me one mo time.

That's the best review I can do at this time; it's got my mind all messed up. For those on the fence, jump off rat now and place yo order.

Aha!!!!! And I came on here to give a review--I think it's all pretty much been said. I AGREE with all of the above. It's the first WEN product that I feel good about using as a leave-in. The Menthol isn't as evident in this wonderful product. I adore the scent, and, of course, it works great. I am going to get a few more bottles. It would be nice if Chaz offered his seasonal products in larger sizes, even if it is temporary.

Philippians413

I ordered 2 more bottles of Summer Mango Coconut. Now I need to think about getting the 613...maybe I'll ask for it for my birthday since it's not that far away (September).

kellistarr

I just got the mango/coco (2 bottles) in today. I'm a Fig girl for the moisture, but the mango/coco smells so good.

Question #1 So what makes the 613 so special aside from smell because that price is making me itch?

Question #2 What do you girls think of his other products. I always hear raves about the conditioner but what about the mask and the oils?

I am in love with the oils. I don't apply much on my scalp but I do with these oils. The oils make my hair feel extremely moisturized without feeling greasy.I usually try to apply when I know I'm washing the next day but sometimes that doesn't happen and the oils stay in a couple extra days. However, the oils have been reformulated and probably for the better, though, to me they were perfect as is and now the oils are super expensive! There are a few on QVC that you can still get for $20.00 a nice price for the 4 oz. The oils are thin so the 4 oz is by volume, it will last. Also, the oils are great as a bath oil. Highly aromatic. The masks are fantastic and worth the $$. You don't need to use much.

ChocoKitty

Reading this thread pushed me to order Wen 613 last week... To say the least--my hair life will never be the same. :spinning: I used it twice so far and I don't think I can ever be without... I don't like this "emotion" that I'm feeling towards it. :perplexed But I think I'm going to set it up on auto-delivery. :lachen:

JJamiah

Reading this thread pushed me to order Wen 613 last week... To say the least--my hair life will never be the same. :spinning: I used it twice so far and I don't think I can ever be without... I don't like this "emotion" that I'm feeling towards it. :perplexed But I think I'm going to set it up on auto-delivery. :lachen:

Isn't it. I am sorry I changed Coffees thread into a 613- Wen wide open with your tongue out but coffee did it. She said it made your toes curl and IT DID! LOL

I LOVE 613

ChocoKitty ENJOY IT!

contsantia

ChocoKitty said:

LOL I just ordered the 613 today... So excited!

JJamiah

Aha!!!!! And I came on here to give a review--I think it's all pretty much been said. I AGREE with all of the above. It's the first WEN product that I feel good about using as a leave-in. The Menthol isn't as evident in this wonderful product. I adore the scent, and, of course, it works great. I am going to get a few more bottles. It would be nice if Chaz offered his seasonal products in larger sizes, even if it is temporary.

I saw the Ginger Pumpkin in a 32 oz. :yep::yep:
But then again I don't like Ginger pumpkin but most do :yep:
So there is hope for the other seasonals :)

Coffee

I saw the Ginger Pumpkin in a 32 oz. :yep::yep:
But then again I don't like Ginger pumpkin but most do :yep:
So there is hope for the other seasonals :)

JJamiah, I looked all over and didn't see the GP in 32oz :nono:.

Anyway, I ordered the 613 Replenishing spray, Fig Replenishing spray and a bottle of 613, all on 5 pay :grin:.

JJamiah

@JJamiah, I looked all over and didn't see the GP in 32oz :nono:.

Anyway, I ordered the 613 Replenishing spray, Fig Replenishing spray and a bottle of 613, all on 5 pay :grin:.

Coffee DON"T JUDGE ME, DO YOU HEAR ME DON"T JUDGE ME!

I saw it in a photo chaz posted on his website :giggle: everyone was so stoked about it, and I BLEW up the page and LOW N BEHOLD the GP was in the 32 oz bottle. we all guessed it was for 2012 fall :)

ajw827

I used the Mango Coconut yesterday and I didn't feel as moisturized as Fig, but the smell is super yummy. I like this a lot and will likely alternate with the Fig.

Coffee

^^^ wow not as moisturizing :nono: I need mOISTURE

JJamiah, girl don't shake your head until you try it. It was extremely moisturizing for me, also clarify before you use it.

The Vanilla Mint is really great too, but it's not Fig, GP or MC in my book. It smells wonderful and does moisturize, just not as much as the others.

JJamiah

@JJamiah, girl don't shake your head until you try it. It was extremely moisturizing for me, also clarify before you use it.

The Vanilla Mint is really great too, but it's not Fig, GP or MC in my book. It smells wonderful and does moisturize, just not as much as the others.

Coffee I have it and I am definitely going to let you know what my review is on it. LOL I hope I love it like you do.

KPH

House Head
Conditioning now the Mango in my hair and this stuff is thicker than my Love (Fig).

:nono:I cheated on my Fig and enjoyed it:lachen:

Last edited:

ThatJerseyGirl

*sighs* 613 is on QVC now in the 32 o. With two replenish sprays for 5 easy pays of $11.95 -- the price NOW is $59.75.

Only available until its sold out and its going quickly.

Ronnieaj

I picked up the 613/replenishing mist one-time only, as well as two Re-moists (fig and pomegranate) for the first time :lick:. Uber excited about the remoists :yep:.

Coffee

Well I was watching QVC and WEN is on. They have a special for the 613 and 613 replenishing mist for $59 + sh & taxes = $71.90. Well I had ordered both of those earlier today= approx $103.00.....:nono: :nono: :nono:. I cancelled the earlier orders and then placed an order for the special of the 613 & 613 replenishing mist. Yeah boyee!!! Still on 5 payments~

PS just added Remoist - FIG

Last edited: