Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge 2009

I don't know bout everyone else but I'm having fun using up stuff and reporting in. So a few things:

I realized I had been using products up in the past. When I went to recycle my coconut hair butter container I noticed a Carol's Daughter Vanilla Black Smoothie and BPT container. So I need to give myself credit. Not for this challenge because that was before it started but just in general.

I was wrong about the almond glaze. I started on a new container and didn't realize it.

I should use up vatika frosting and herbal green tea butter from Hairveda this week. I have plenty of back ups for these two.

I will buy at least two BPTs this week and maybe that is it.

Good deal shay. I took a peak at that coconut butter and the coconut conditoner ohh man they look good. But coconut oil is my kryptonite, thank goodness or i would have got them both. Etsy is the devil:look:. Im glad your having fun.

Hey Ladies,

I might as well join seeing that I read this thread every time there is an update :look:

I just need to use up stuff. I don't have too much stuff, I just like buying things especially in bulk.

For example I have:

8 Vatika Frostings
4 AOHSR
3 CTDG
2 Amla Pomades
3 AOHC

And I need to use all of this stuff before I buy more, because it might expire :blush:

I think I am a hoarder haha. I still feel like I need to buy more of the same dang thing!

I am going to DC under my steamer tonight with some AOHSR, Vatika Frosting and Silk Amino Acids.

I know I'm a hoarder :yep:! Just like you I like to buy in bulk also. I will be steaming tonight too. I have vatika frosting in now then I will layer that with some YTC Mud Mask and steam :lick:.

Hey Ladies,

I might as well join seeing that I read this thread every time there is an update :look:

I just need to use up stuff. I don't have too much stuff, I just like buying things especially in bulk.

For example I have:

8 Vatika Frostings
4 AOHSR
3 CTDG
2 Amla Pomades
3 AOHC

And I need to use all of this stuff before I buy more, because it might expire :blush:

I think I am a hoarder haha. I still feel like I need to buy more of the same dang thing!

I am going to DC under my steamer tonight with some AOHSR, Vatika Frosting and Silk Amino Acids.

Hey charz i will put your name down. If you have room put your stuff in the fridge that your not using. It will keep your things fresh. Everything im not using that's natural i put in the drawer in the bottom and when im ready to use it i just take it out and let it sit for a while before use.

Use 1 buy 1, eh? Does tossing one means I used it :rolleyes:. When i got my last relaxer my mom had a container of Lekair cholesterol and it gave me TONS of slippage...now, nothing. Even after clarifying. I added honey to it today...still nothing. I'll try adding honey AND oil for my next co-wash and if it fails again, it's out. Thankfully it was cheap.

Use 1 buy 1, eh? Does tossing one means I used it :rolleyes:. When i got my last relaxer my mom had a container of Lekair cholesterol and it gave me TONS of slippage...now, nothing. Even after clarifying. I added honey to it today...still nothing. I'll try adding honey AND oil for my next co-wash and if it fails again, it's out. Thankfully it was cheap.

Girl if it doesn't work for you give it to someone or throw it away. Ain't no use in trying to hold on to something that isn't doing nothing for you. Your ok.

Okay Ya'll Confession Time.:look: Don't ask me WHY........But I went on a Spending Frenzy.:drunk:

I am only reporting my downfall in this Thread ONLY. Cuz' we in this Thang together. Right...... IK. IK. But I think it was Boredom. Here is what I got::look:

1) Frederic Fekkai Protein Rx Treatment Masque
2) Joico Body Luxe Conditioner
3) Elasta QP DPR -11
4) Redken Real Control Renewal Mask
5) Healthy Sexy Pumpkin Conditioner
6) Abba Molasses Clarifying Shampoo
7) L'anza Manuka Mud/Honey Masque

I'm Pitiful. I Know. I feel terrible too.:rolleyes:

But here's the Good Side :yep: I am finishing up a Gel. And a couple other items. Hopefully, that counts for something. I am really Sorry I messed Up.

Okay Ya'll Confession Time.:look: Don't ask me WHY........But I went on a Spending Frenzy.:drunk:

I am only reporting my downfall in this Thread ONLY. Cuz' we in this Thang together. Right...... IK. IK. But I think it was Boredom. Here is what I got::look:

3) Elasta QP DPR -11

But here's the Good Side :yep: I am finishing up a Gel. And a couple other items. Hopefully, that counts for something. I am really Sorry I messed Up.

What in the jimminy crickets back legs did you do. Lawd have mercy:lachen:. We all make mistakes honey, brush yourself off and try again. We are in this together.

IK La!:look: I Feel Terrible. But, I will do better.

I am determine to get this PJ-ism under control.:rolleyes:

Aww t im teasing with you, its hard to fight the urges i know. Next time you have the urge to buy something, look through everything you have. You may already have something that works just like it.

3) Elasta QP DPR -11

Yeah...um it seems you had a relapse. We are for you!:bighug:

Aww t im teasing with you, its hard to fight the urges i know. Next time you have the urge to buy something, look through everything you have. You may already have something that works just like it.

I was Like A Mad Woman on the Loose !:pullhair:

*and today is just the 13th of the month......sigh.....*:rolleyes:

No, no, no, she's not getting off so easy. What's the punishment? J/K....Confession is good for the soul :D (I wonder if I should confess too)

No, no, no, she's not getting off so easy. What's the punishment? J/K....Confession is good for the soul :D (I wonder if I should confess too)

Girl, I've been sitting here waiting on you to come up in here and dog me:lachen:I knew it was coming......

Especially, after I got on you for buying 5 of your NTM.

That's probably what made me fall off the wagon.:rolleyes: You and Celebrating Tiffers Brfday.:look:

3) Elasta QP DPR -11
Giiiirrrrlllll!!!!! :lachen: You had a relapse, for REAL!!! :lol: It's okay, we're all pj's here, so we understand! :yep:

And you know EXACTLY where to send anything you don't like :grin:

Girl, I've been sitting here waiting on you to come up in here and dog me:lachen:I knew it was coming......

That's probably what made me fall off the wagon.:rolleyes: You and Celebrating Tiffers Brfday.:look:
Oh, so you got all that stuff for me? How sweet! Thank you, girl! :D

I must admit that looking at the list of goodies that you got makes we want to go out and get something. I have the Joico line on my list of "I wants" but I'm going to wait until the end of the year or some super sale.

Last edited:

I think she should be sentenced to giving us a thorough review of all the goodies she bought.:grin: J/K Unless you want to.:look:

I think she should be sentenced to giving us a thorough review of all the goodies she bought.:grin: J/K Unless you want to.:look:

Yeah....Maybe in 2012.:look: I have so much stuff to use up that's already open. It will take me until then to get to it. This will just become all part of the Additional Madness.

By then, we should all be at our Hair Length Goals and it will be a Huge Hair Par'Tay!:grin: Can you Imagine How Exciting that will be for Us All??:blush:

One Good thing though.....I have some Shelving Units sitting out in a Home Depot Cart which will hopefully make Product Organization alot easier.:yep:

Wow this thread is making me wanna go out and buy stuff. :spinning:

I feel like a crackhead.

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna act a fool on my b-day...dayum I just realized it is next week. Well I had already decided I'm buying myself that PM flatiron Christelyn has been talking bout.

Shoot I just finished another product. Yes to Carrots Mud Mask, plenty of back ups but on to the next already open product. By the time the week ends I may have finished off at minimum 4 products. That feels good!

Hey have you tried anything from Oyin Handmade? What did you like?

I'm not T but we (me & you and matter of fact me & T do too) seem to like some of the same products. I like the Burnt Sugar Pomade which we have discussed, Juices & Berries, and Honey Hemp Condish.

Awwww Ladies! Come On. Now I feel bad about posting that all that Mess in this Thread.:rolleyes:

I shoulda' kept that to myself.:wallbash:

Don't all start buying a bunch of stuff. I hate that I did that.

Everyone, Please Forgive Me. Truly I Apologize.

*walks away sighing sadly...realizing I'm around a Board of Product Junkies*:nono:

Awwww Ladies! Come On. Now I feel bad about posting that all that Mess in this Thread.:rolleyes:

*walks away sighing sadly...realizing I'm around a Board of Product Junkies*:nono:

Its ok, don't worry about it!

One can dream right? Anyway I am planning my birthday list, September isnt that far away.

Thats not against the rules right?

Girl you are something else, im not buying nothing. I have urges and i may break down but im doin alright for now.:yep:

Back