Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge 2009

Kacie

I'm in!

I'm going for a personal best, Use 3: Buy 1

ETA: Two seconds after typing that foolery, I remember the Ulta sale. Use 1: Buy 1 is just fine LOL.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I need to use up something because I need to buy my pail of Sitrinillah and some more BPT Wheat Germ Condish. No I'm not completely out of either because I never let anything "run" out. I like to have at least 2-3 of everything to feel "safe".

La Colocha

I need to use up something because I need to buy my pail of Sitrinillah and some more BPT Wheat Germ Condish. No I'm not completely out of either because I never let anything "run" out. I like to have at least 2-3 of everything to feel "safe".

Hey shay, find something that is low and use it up, That is my strategy for now.

@ kacie:lachen:,girl don't make the challenge harder than it is. I tried to make it as easy as possible.

La Colocha

Yes, You did.:nono: Bless You. You know we are all struggling PJ's (some in denial/some not) yet struggling.

And In desperate need of help.:perplexed

Aww girl:hug2:its going to be ok. We have to start somewhere, take control of the situation. I love buying products like everyone else, but i know that its time for me to slow my roll. Its hard but ive set my mind to this and i have to do it.

Kacie

Last night I used up Organix Shea Butter Conditioner. Next in line are:

Aveda DR con
Aussie 3 min con
Nature's Gate Jojoba con

Buy Passes: 1

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Well. I did my hair today. Used all products that were opened. I Co-Washed with Mane N' Tail Conditioner which was about 3/4th full.:perplexed

I Steamed for about 30 minutes with my Carol's Daughter Khoret Amen and about 30 minutes with Banana Brulee both of which was partially used. Finished up with PC.

Used Salerm 21 B5 for my Leave-In and Fermodyl 619.

La Colocha

Good job ladies, i did not think about posting what im using up. Ok all which are open, today im using

whipped baggy cream to baggy, yes to cucumbers con to co wash, hair milk and almond glaze to moisturize and seal. I haven't actually used up a product yet but im on my way.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Last night I used up Organix Shea Butter Conditioner. Next in line are:

Aveda DR con
Aussie 3 min con
Nature's Gate Jojoba con

Buy Passes: 1

That's Really Smart Kacie.:yep: To List which ones are next.

*off to look at the bottles, jars etc and separate them out*

it_comes_naturally

I'm in! It takes me forever to use my products up even though I moisturize 2x/day and shampoo and condition wkly. You'd think I'd stop buying. :nono:

I just took advantage of the Ulta sale. Just couldn't pass up tween size TIGI conditioner for $10 (plus a coupon for $3.50, plus 20% off if you show your school ID). I bought 4. :drunk: Sad thing is, I've never even tried this conditioner before, just going on reviews and the fact that the regular price is $24. :look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I just took advantage of the Ulta sale. Just couldn't pass up tween size TIGI conditioner for $10 (plus a coupon for $3.50, plus 20% off if you show your school ID). I bought 4. :drunk: Sad thing is, I've never even tried this conditioner before, just going on reviews and the fact that the regular price is $24. :look:

Now Don't Be Coming Up In Here Talkin' About No Sales.........:bat:

chebaby

yaaaayyyy i just used up my first bottle of kbb deep conditioner. funny thing is i got two new ones in the mail two nights ago lol.
when i co wash tomorrow that will be the last of my giovanni deeper moisture. i was sooooo trying to hold on to that little bit.

La Colocha

yaaaayyyy i just used up my first bottle of kbb deep conditioner. funny thing is i got two new ones in the mail two nights ago lol.
when i co wash tomorrow that will be the last of my giovanni deeper moisture. i was sooooo trying to hold on to that little bit.

Good job che, i used to love that conditoner. Keep on going.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My Dilemma will be which do I want to repurchase and which will I not.:perplexed

I think this will help me narrow things down a bit. I don't know about finding my "staples" but it will help me determine what I really like etc...So I am glad for this challenge. YAY!

I went out and put everything that was opened all together and I will begin using that stuff up. So in doing that, I'll have to determine which ones I am willing to re-buy.

I know now that I just opened stuff use 1 time, then use something else Once, it was waaay out of control:ohwell:

So, this will help immensely.

Kacie

That's Really Smart Kacie.:yep: To List which ones are next.

*off to look at the bottles, jars etc and separate them out*

Girl, if I don't put those to the front of the closet they will end up pushed back in the corner.

My goal is to get through the bathroom closet (using things that I will most likely not repurchase), then move to the plastic tubs. I'm only a couple weeks post so I can make it w/o my staples for a while.

iNicola

I have quite a few open bottles. I'll start with the ones I most likely will not buy again:

HE Hydralicious poo
HE Hydralicious condish
CON (new fornula)
Elastra QP Mango Butter Moisturizer
HE LTR leave in
Pantene R&N deep conditioner
Lekair Cholesterol Plus

La Colocha

I have quite a few open bottles. I'll start with the ones I most likely will not buy again:

HE Hydralicious poo
HE Hydralicious condish
CON (new fornula)
Elastra QP Mango Butter Moisturizer
HE LTR leave in
Pantene R&N deep conditioner
Lekair Cholesterol Plus

I see some good uses here, shampoos can be used as body wash, to wash scarves, and hand soap. Conditoner, co wash,prepoo,shaving lotion. If you like the smell of the mango butter, it can be used to moisturize hands and feet. you can baggy with the leave in or pre poo and rinse out. You can use these up in no time. I hope some of these tips help you.

iNicola

Smart Move.:up:

My Problem is: I can't even decide that right now because I honestly don't know.:ohwell:
Girl, after these are out it gets harder for me too.

I see some good uses here, shampoos can be used as body wash, to wash scarves, and hand soap.
Now why didn't I think of that? I was cringing at the thought of using that HE Hydralicious poo because it's almost a full bottle and I mostly co-wash.

Butterfly08

This is a great idea! I need to do it for makeup purchases. :grin: Good luck everyone. I really haven't been buying hair products so there's no need for me to join this one. :look:

La Colocha

This is a great idea! I need to do it for makeup purchases. :grin: Good luck everyone. I really haven't been buying hair products so there's no need for me to join this one. :look:

Go ahead and do it for your makeup, im doing the same thing with my body products also.:yep:

redecouvert

finally a challenge I can survive..lol
I am taking advantage of anita grant free shipping but other than that i am in

chebaby

Will You Repurchase this one? Curious.:look:
hey gurly
i just got your message. yes i will def. repurchase this. it is one of my fave conditioners. not only do i use it as a cowash but i love it for overnight deep treats too. if you havent tried it you should soon, i really love it.:lick:

Kacie

I see some good uses here, shampoos can be used as body wash, to wash scarves, and hand soap. Conditoner, co wash,prepoo,shaving lotion. If you like the smell of the mango butter, it can be used to moisturize hands and feet. you can baggy with the leave in or pre poo and rinse out. You can use these up in no time. I hope some of these tips help you.

Can you use the shampoo on your pum pum :look:?

Brownie518

I just used the last of my Garnier Sleek & Shine serum so I went ahead and got another. That is one of my main staples.
I have some stuff I need to use up,but probably won't, that I won't repurchase for now:

White Rain Coconut cond
Mizani Butter Blends Honey Shield liter (only used like 5x :ohwell:)
CHI Infra Treatment
Biolage leave in (i don't think I used this more than 2x)

I also have some stuff I have not used (and probably won't):

PM Instant Moisture Daily Treatment liter
Rusk Smoother leave in
Abba Moisture Scentsation conditioner

I'll have to try and give these away before I try anything new.