No Buy Challenge feb09-mar09

vslady

Still in the challenge. Had a tempting moment this weekend when I found a QVC store and actually saw bottles of WEN in person. I picked it up and carried it for 5 minutes :lachen:but then was able to resist. :yep:

I will not but any products before Mar 1:look:

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
Im still hanging in as well.. I havent had any extreme urges...lol..I sound like a perv...anyway...Im doing good...I just hate to see threads like..." Such and Such is Da Bomb!!" and "Whats your favorite______"...I just cringe everytime I read it...

Ivy Santolina

So far so good. The first week was the hardest but now I can walk down the hair aisle and not be tempted to buy anything. During the first week I avoided the hair aisle like the plague because I didn't trust myself. Near the end of that week I had to buy Epsom Salt and it was in the same aisle. I took my SO with me and placed him between myself and the hair products. Two nights ago I went "shopping" in my bathroom cabinet and discovered an new/unused bottle of detangler and shine. I detangled my hair with it and loved it. I resisted the urge to buy more on-line. Success - so far.

La Colocha

Good job ladies stay strong. For the past few days i haven't had urges which is good, i think i am over the withdrawl. Only 2 weeks left to go.We can do this. Im trying to decide which things i want to get rid of and what i want to keep. Hopefully by the end of this month my cabinets will have more space. The only problem now is that i want to buy body stuff. So i put myself on a no buy anything challenge until march. I don't want to switch one addiction for another.

La Colocha

To all of you ladies Happy Valentines Day. If you would like to for today you may have a pass. I will not be using this pass because i had a bad mishap with a trim yesterday. Im so over my hair for now. But to all who are interested use that pass and enjoy your day, thank you for going on this journey with me. We have 2 weeks left and this should help some. Have a blessed day ladies pamper yourselves and take care.:blowkiss:

PS. I will try to keep this bumped so everyone can see this.

ShaniKeys

Thanks La Colocha, happy Valentine's Day! I'm still hanging in there and won't be using this pass lol. I have braids now so that helps alot too...I think. 14 days clean...and counting.

La Colocha

Thanks La Colocha, happy Valentine's Day! I'm still hanging in there and won't be using this pass lol. I have braids now so that helps alot too...I think. 14 days clean...and counting.

Hey shani happy valentines day to you too. Im going to find someone to do braids for me. I just want singles (alot of girls say there out of style) but they are simple and easy for me. My hair is jacked and im just going to leave it alone,when it grows back ill just have someone even me up. It looks like a child got a hold to my hair with scissors.:sad: Girl i don't even want to look at no products right now.

supermodelsonya

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i didn't realize but I was doing so well!!!!! I brought some cheapie conditioners with to cowash...I was running out but I brought three....does that mean I'm eliminated? : (

NEver mind...just saw the Valentine's Day pass....WHEW! That came right on time!!!!!! Yay!

Last edited:

La Colocha

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i didn't realize but I was doing so well!!!!! I brought some cheapie conditioners with to cowash...I was running out but I brought three....does that mean I'm eliminated? : (

NEver mind...just saw the Valentine's Day pass....WHEW! That came right on time!!!!!! Yay!

Ive been trying to keep this bumped so everyone can see. Eliminated? Sonya this is not survivor lol:lachen:. This is a challange to meet our goals we all have our days sometimes. Enjoy those conditioners.

La Colocha

Thanks for the pass!

Needed it as i braided my hair!

You are so welcome, i hope everyone got to see it. I tried to keep it bumped but then i fell asleep. It seems like alot of people are on here in the early evening. 2 weeks to go it will be a breeze.

Nya33

You are so welcome, i hope everyone got to see it. I tried to keep it bumped but then i fell asleep. It seems like alot of people are on here in the early evening. 2 weeks to go it will be a breeze.

I'm sure a lot saw, it you did your best. I know not long now yay, i want my new purse!:lachen: If we can do this then like you say onto body products!

La Colocha

I'm sure a lot saw, it you did your best. I know not long now yay, i want my new purse!:lachen: If we can do this then like you say onto body products!

Ok ive been peeping walmarts body spritzes i think its called bodycology i may be wrong but one of my friends uses these. They are really giving bath and body works a run for thier money. She says she doesn't use that much and the smell lasts all day. The 4oz are like 1.27 and the 8oz are 3 something. Its something to look into after the challenge.

Ivy Santolina

Whew!!! We passed the half-way mark. While I'm patting myself on my back I wanted to congratulate every one else on this challenge as well. I didn't even use my V-day pass and I've resisted the urge to spend money on other items as well like clothes.

So has anyone created a list of things they want to buy when this challenge is over?

Here's my list:
Mason Pearson brush and 2x combs.
Fenugreek powder to make Aggie's mixture.
Grapeseed oil.
Xtra-Long Curlformers from Sally's.

I'm sure I'll find more stuff by the time this challenge ends.

Ivy Santolina

Okay I have a confession.

I just added this challenge to my signature block.

I honestly did not think I was going to make it which is why I didn't add it. But now that I no longer get the hair stuff spending itchies I am confident I will make it to the end of this month.

Thanks OP for starting this challenge. And, thanks every one for not making me feel alone.

Butterfly08

Ladies, I'm out. :nono: I was doing so good but I had a strong urge for some castor and jojoba oil. :nono: Then I saw some Desert Essence red raspberry con on my way to the cash register. :nono:

:nono:

supermodelsonya

Ladies, I'm out. :nono: I was doing so good but I had a strong urge for some castor and jojoba oil. :nono: Then I saw some Desert Essence red raspberry con on my way to the cash register. :nono:

:nono:
We have a Valentine Day Pass so if you want to stay in...

Oh and before I forget, I purchased Bee Mine Growth Serum in Mango. I took FULL advantage of my pass!:spinning:

La Colocha

Okay I have a confession.

I just added this challenge to my signature block.

I honestly did not think I was going to make it which is why I didn't add it. But now that I no longer get the hair stuff spending itchies I am confident I will make it to the end of this month.

Thanks OP for starting this challenge. And, thanks every one for not making me feel alone.

You are welcome ivy i didn't even think people would join. I didn't use my pass either as far as my list goes for after the challenge i want to try

Scented shea butter from butters and bars (for the body)
body spritzes from walmart
And the silk elements line from sally's the shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer and cholesterol.

I threw all my products out except for my afroveda now its time to find a second line that i can rotate with. I saw reviews online at sally's for the silk elements and it seems pretty good.

Good luck ladies and stay strong. I know its alot of temptation and for those who weren't on yesterday and didn't know about the pass you can still use it. I want to make sure everyone had a chance to see it. Have a blessed day ladies.

Butterfly08

To all of you ladies Happy Valentines Day. If you would like to for today you may have a pass. I will not be using this pass because i had a bad mishap with a trim yesterday. Im so over my hair for now. But to all who are interested use that pass and enjoy your day, thank you for going on this journey with me. We have 2 weeks left and this should help some. Have a blessed day ladies pamper yourselves and take care.:blowkiss:

PS. I will try to keep this bumped so everyone can see this.

Clearly reading is fundamental. :look: I didn't read the part about the pass before posting and coinkadinkally :look: I had just splurged. So I didn't fail the challenge after all!!!! :drunk:

Back in the saddle. The only urges I have right now are for makeup and nailpolish. Yes, it is very easy to trade one addiction for another. :ohwell: That's why I try to do the NO BUYS AT ALL for periods at a time. It's tough and some days are harder than others but it gets easier if you're committed. Right now I'm not eating out, or really buying anything. But that MAC HK eye shadow pallete, Lavendar Whip lipstick and 2 OPI polishes are softly calling my name. :assimilat

Urban

I remember chuckling at someone's post a few pages back.. they said something about being in a store and sniffing a conditioner like a crackhead then having to give in .... boy was that me today!!! I was itching to buy a clarifying shampoo. I went into one store stared at the Pantene clarifying shampoo for so long .... picked it up... put it down ... picked it up again arrrgh, put it down and walked out of the store without looking back. Had to go to the supermarket after that, and had to walk down an isle with haircare items, thank goodness they didn't have any clarifying shampoo. But how did I know that? Coz I was standing there looking for it!! Like it would make a difference :rolleyes: :lachen: This is so hard y'all.

Mandy4610

Well, I was doing well until I went to the hair accessory place:nono:
Cute headband galore...Not a good thing for a HeadBand Junkie (HBJ) like moi.

I did not buy any hair products just accessories, scissors for trimming and rollers. Thats it.

I still feel that I have failed the challenge:nono::wallbash:

Mandy4610

Clearly reading is fundamental. :look: I didn't read the part about the pass before posting and coinkadinkally :look: I had just splurged. So I didn't fail the challenge after all!!!! :drunk:

Back in the saddle. The only urges I have right now are for makeup and nailpolish. Yes, it is very easy to trade one addiction for another. :ohwell: That's why I try to do the NO BUYS AT ALL for periods at a time. It's tough and some days are harder than others but it gets easier if you're committed. Right now I'm not eating out, or really buying anything. But that MAC HK eye shadow pallete, Lavendar Whip lipstick and 2 OPI polishes are softly calling my name. :assimilat
That is exactly what is happening to me. I have traded PJism for HBJism (HeadBandJunkie):wallbash: