type 4A&B relaxed.. how long do u normally stretch??

4 A&B relaxed, how long do you normally stretch

• 6-8 weeks

Votes: 58 13.1%
  • 8-10 weeks

Votes: 106 23.9%
  • 11-12 weeks

Votes: 139 31.3%
  • 13-16 weeks

Votes: 74 16.7%
  • 16+ (specified)

Votes: 67 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmartyPants

OK... I said I was going for a 17 week stretch. But for the past 8 weeks I've been mixing my MT with Bee Mine.... and no... just no... there is no way I am going to make it 17 weeks. I am going to shoot for 4 more weeks (12 week stretch) and then I'mma have to do something about my hair.

Demi27

Right now, I'm going on my 14th week.

The longest I've ever gone is 17 weeks, but I had braids in. This time, I'm wearing 1/2 wigs. I was wearing full wigs, but they started damaging my edges badly.

I'm doing okay right now. I wash and flat iron once a week, but this week I decided not to flat iron. Since I'm wearing a straight 1/2 wig I only need to make sure the front of my hair is somewhat straight, so I wear my hair back under my scarf at night so it's nice and smooth. I hope I can go for a long time without relaxing.

bestblackgirl

Wow you guys are good... I'm only 3 weeks post and my hair is not looking to good right now. and i want to go for 16 weeks. by week 7 my hair usually look like I'm one of those ridiculously poor girl that cant afford even a comb to do her hair..sigh. and i try

MRJ1972

I have stretched as long as 9 months with a sew in and I retained some good length, probably APL from SL, but I did not treat my hair underneath and it was very thin after I relaxed it. Then my sister decided that I should not have a V look in the back and she cut my hair!!!!!:wallbash:

Anew

I usually don't stretch longer than 4 months, it just depends. I want to go longer but I have to make sure I know what I'm doing first, don't want any breakage. This last stretch a little over 3 months...

morehairplease

I am attempting to stretch for 3 to 4 months and then getting braids to stretch for an additional 2 months. My goal is to stretch 6 months and decide if whether or not to do a corrective relaxer or transition back to natural.

sunnieb

I'm trying to build up to stretching longer than 6-8 weeks. I'm still new here, but I think with the things I've learned, I'll be able to do it. My first goal will be to stretch to 8 weeks. If I can do that and control the breakage, I'll shoot for 10 weeks and beyond.

Toy

I just relaxed from a 14wk stretch now i am going for 16 wk stretch and that will be my limit.

lilmsjanet

i stretch my relaxer for the whole year and only get one a year i dont know its just something about seeing a hole bunch of newgrowth that gives me a sorta natural high and lets me know im not going crazi and my hair actually is growing so like on new years eve while everybody is all like counting down im washing out my relaxer cuz i just hit another hair goal

bgsix

10-12 weeks. I deep condition 2-3 times a week and try to moisturize twice daily during the last couple of weeks.

outspokenwallflower

I usually do between 8-10 weeks, and that can be a real hassle on my hair...but as bad as it sounds, I have a new flat iron that I think will help me manage my new growth and perhaps allow me to stretch even longer...

my hair is 4b/z

baddison

natural for good
....not sure if I already posted in here, but.....

I stretch 13 weeks at a time. I'm determined to only relax 4times per year. Hopefully, with more practice, next year I will only relax 3times for the year...:drunk:

I bun daily, and I protein weekly. This keeps my breakage and shedding at a minimum while stretching.

MummysGirl

19 weeks, with no real problems. I don't do braids or weaves and was able to do so by washing and DC'ing 2ce a week.

I'm transitioning now and I have found that cowashing helps keep my new growth ver moisturised and I just make sure my moisture/protein balance is okay...

ThePerfectScore

I'm working on 4 months post...I'm starting to reach my breaking point and relaxing this weekend. I've already used a blow dryer twice in order to comb through the new growth without losing all my hair. So I think it's time for me to stop stressing and relax! ha

ETA: I resisted the urge to relax!!!! So who knows when I will relax.

Last edited:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I am 7 mos post right now (29 wks this Sat) and I am aiming for 16 mos. but will settle for 12 mos. I am doing it with braids and when not in braids wigs.

Anew

Never before 12 weeks, I usually go for about 4 months. But this is pretty much how I wear my hair off of sheer laziness

Or a wig, but I'm extremely lazy with my hair. This has kind of helped me, lol

Doll

My last stretch was for 6 months. I am currently at 8 months and counting (not sure how far I'll take it at this point).

moonglowdiva

I have done up to 12 weeks. I could probably do more though I just chose not to. My hair doesn't shed because I keep my ng moisturized and I keep my hair detangled. So I have no problems.

~NanCeBoTwin~

I'm 14 weeks into my first stretch, I don't have a true cut off, 16 or 18 weeks....maybe longer depending on how things go who knows. I usually relax every 10 weeks.

Aggie

A long time ago, I used to relax every 6-8 weeks. Then I started stretching when I didn't even know there was a name for it at 12 weeks. I went to 10 weeks for a while and now I'm back to 12 weeks. My longest stretch was 21 and a half weeks but that to me was far too long as I had a ton of breakage. I am still trying to stretch as long as 16 weeks without issues but that is not possible for me without a little help from cornrows and braids:grin::yep:.

Last edited: