~*Thicker Hair Challenge 2009*~

Qualitee

Thicker Hair Challenge 2009

Whether you want thicker ends, thicker hair in centain areas,overall thickness or to maintain thickness this chanllenge is for you!

This challegne is for everybody! Fine and thick hair Ladies:yep:

Only 4 rules for this challenge!!!!

1~Post a starting pic between now and Jan.10 2009
2~Post your 6 month progress pic in the first week of July 2009
3~Post your 12 month progress pic in the first week of Jan.2010
4~ Post the regime and or tweaks that will help you achieve your thickness goal!

This is Only the back of my hair. Parted in to. I want more thickness in the back and on the left side.

Im going to see if air drying and regular trims are going to make my hair thicker:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Challengers
Tanisha77~ is air drying and having regular trims
blasianbeauty
Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll~ is using megatek
buddhas_mom
victorious~monthly hennas, quarterly relaxers and trims/dustings, castor oil added to ORS Olive Oil moisturizer, more mild protein treatments and roller sets.
MissNina
ImFree27~ is using megatek
girlyprincess23
wheezy807
Irie1
Golden75
so so chic
It~Can~Grow~ Air Drying once a week Co washing Dusting Megatek (continue Montly Henna/Indigo Relaxer twice a year
blair
hillytmj
hairbrat_danni
Lady Kay 21
jazitones
~*~ShopAholic~*~
cutenaynay
MsOmri
evsbaby
jamaicalovely
Imani
mzperkins
IWantBSl09
soulie
The Savvy Sistah
guudhair
ChemistryGirl
poeticmusiqu
GirlTalk
LivingDol1
IndianAngel22
Chocsmile
sqzbly1908
evsbaby
Controversial*Diva
Quest4healthyhair
ShantWhite
LivingDol1
amazing
Brownskinned Babydoll
smwrigh3
GrowinLonger
futurescbride
ajacks
Nicole1976
mrsrobertson2005
Aspire
locabouthair
Lisa23
Cream Team
eocceas

Last edited:

blasianbeauty

Is this challenge only for the thin haired ladies? :look: What about those of us who already have the thickness but just want to maintain?

SmilingElephant

How can i make my hair thicker? I know it's mainly bc my nape is like CBL while the rest of my head is MBL....but it just seems so.....thin.

Qualitee

How can i make my hair thicker? I know it's mainly bc my nape is like CBL while the rest of my head is MBL....but it just seems so.....thin.
Co washing, air drying, and triming has helped alot of women gain and maintain thickness. Im sure other members do other things for thickness.HTH:yep:

It~Can~Grow

Don't throw the bat at me, but this is my question. I am interested in joining this challenge, but I need the tools in order to be successful in the end.

So, can we get some absolute 'keys to success' on obtaining and maintaining thickness? i.e., "my ends used to be thin and I started doing X, XX & XXX and at the end of 12 months my hair was crazy thick".

As you can see, you can write on my back thru my ends so I wanna close these suckers up sooner rather than later :yep:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

i can relate, it~can~grow, i keep whacking my hair off in the attempt to get rid of those endz...i think i may have cut my hair a little crooked. dang.

but i also want specific steps to achieve this...i know everyone's hair is different, but it would be nice to have a game plan or blue print to achieve the goal.

It~Can~Grow

Co washing, air drying, and triming has helped alot of women gain and maintain thickness. Im sure other members do other things for thickness.HTH:yep:

- I co wash once a week, every week
- I air dry my hair w/my tuesday wash and 3 times a month during my friday wash
- I haven't trimmed but dusted, sooooooooooo, why do I still have peekaboo ends?

Qualitee

Don't throw the bat at me, but this is my question. I am interested in joining this challenge, but I need the tools in order to be successful in the end.

So, can we get some absolute 'keys to success' on obtaining and maintaining thickness? i.e., "my ends used to be thin and I started doing X, XX & XXX and at the end of 12 months my hair was crazy thick".

As you can see, you can write on my back thru my ends so I wanna close these suckers up sooner rather than later :yep:
Thanks for asking. I know that co washing , air drying and trims helps with gaining thicker hair. I was hoping that this challegne would bring women who have different techniques on gaining thickness, share their regime and tips. Thats why I asked for the regimes and tweaks that everyone is going to use for thicker hair. HTH

Qualitee

- I co wash once a week, every week
- I air dry my hair w/my tuesday wash and 3 times a month during my friday wash
- I haven't trimmed but dusted, sooooooooooo, why do I still have peekaboo ends?
I have the same problem. And I was often told to wait until the rest of my hair grow to that length or to get a light trim.

buddhas_mom

I want to join this challenge. I've only been at this since sept so I don't completely know if my methods are working cause my hairs so short. But I plan to trim and airdry which i've been doing since I started. Hopefully when I reach SL i'll still have nice thick hair.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

i tried to wait it out, until it caught up, but i wear my hair down, and i just couldn't deal with the thin, see-through ends. now, when i bun, who cares? but for those times i choose to wear my flatironed hair down, it was torture. i couldn't stand it.

so i did a mini-bc. i just think if i'd cut my hair to this length last year, it would have grown out thicker by now. so i guess i regret not lopping off those 7 inches all at once, which is what it was if i actually add up how much hair i've cut in the last 7 months, more if i count the whole year...so this is a big deal for me...my hair grows quickly, but i'm looking for maxi-thickness along with length, now....i've brought out the megatek, again, and i'm praying for less shedding.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I'm in. :yep: These split ends made me mad during search and destroy missions. I think my hair needs more mild protein more often.

I'll keep up with the monthly hennas, quarterly relaxers and trims/dustings, castor oil added to ORS Olive Oil moisturizer, more mild protein treatments (just got Aphogee 2 min samples to try), and roller sets.

I added a some leftover Infusium 23 leave-in to the water mist bottle, and I've been misting some on before applying moisturizer. I need to be more consistent with the multivitamins, water, and balanced diet. I'll add my starting pic to this post 12/31/08.

ETA starting pic:

Last edited:

Qualitee

i tried to wait it out, until it caught up, but i wear my hair down, and i just couldn't deal with the thin, see-through ends. now, when i bun, who cares? but for those times i choose to wear my flatironed hair down, it was torture. i couldn't stand it.

so i did a mini-bc. i just think if i'd cut my hair to this length last year, it would have grown out thicker by now. so i guess i regret not lopping off those 7 inches all at once, which is what it was if i actually add up how much hair i've cut in the last 7 months, more if i count the whole year...so this is a big deal for me...my hair grows quickly, but i'm looking for maxi-thickness along with length, now....i've brought out the megatek, again, and i'm praying for less shedding.
so your saying megatek is going to help you gain thickness?:)

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

so your saying megatek is going to help you gain thickness?:)

It's helped me. The hair that is growing in is a LOT thicker. :yep:
Yes, M'am, that's what i'm saying...it works, if you can last through the shedding...though, not everyone gets it, but alot do. garlic poo and conditioner and homemade oil helps....so i've started my garlic pills 5000mg and i'm bracing myself, praying that the shedding doesn't commense.

ImFree27

i'm in, my hair is naturally thin, so I want thicker fuller hair, I"m use megatek to help, I've been using it for a month now and I think its working I compared when I flatiron my hair, so I don't know, I'm also in the bun challenge, So my hair will be in a bun the whole time, I always airdry, for the past years...So the only thing I will be doing is megatek. I will trim again in June, I'm only doing trimming twice a year to give my hair time to catch up..

ImFree27

My starting pic

This was my hair the day before christmas half straightened

This was my hair in November, a better view

Irie1

I would like to join this challenge. I don't really know the best things to use for my hair. I've been using Jamaican Black Castor Oil on my edges but I'm not so sure it's working. 97% of the time my hair is in a bun and my hair is naturally thin. I'm almost ashamed to post the photo of MY see through ends after seeing the other photos in this thread!

Attachments

• 152.jpg
    152.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 71

so so chic

I'd like to join. 2008 was a very stressful year for me and my hair shows it! I really want to get my thickness back. I plan on doing my hair this weekend and will try and post pics then. I've been bunning, so the see-thru ends haven't been bothering me much, but I want to feel comfortable wearing my hair down again.

It~Can~Grow

Tanisha77 -

Please add me to the challenge. I'll give it a go, my plan of attack (unless someone gives me something to add):

- Air Drying once a week
- Co washing
- Dusting
- Megatek (continue)
- Montly Henna/Indigo
- Relaxer twice a year (wish me luck on this one)

NYAmicas

Seeker
Oy, Sign me up please.
Im dealing with shedding and Ive been stretching 14 weeks now. A lot of breakage after I put color in my hair about 2 weeks ago (used Aphogee) and now shedding. I need to maintain a healthy regimen to keep my hair in tip top condition.

Im going to be more delicate with my hair no matter how frustrated and try deep conditioning with a heat cap.
I think nutrition is important too so Im going to look into getting more protein and vitamins in my diet.:)