~*Thicker Hair Challenge 2010*~

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
What do you think will happen? This is the only way I wash my hair. It is a lifesaver. Just do it. It will be okay.

Im scared I wont get all the conditioner out, or my hair will still be wet after a couple of days and mildew starts growing.....:nono:

4evershika

^^Your hair will dry just fine, I braid my hair under running water after my final rinse and it never has problems drying... I think you should at least give it a try, you won't go bald, just try it and if you don't like it then you never have to do it again lol

grow

^^Your hair will dry just fine, I braid my hair under running water after my final rinse and it never has problems drying... I think you should at least give it a try, you won't go bald, just try it and if you don't like it then you never have to do it again lol

i'm game, but do you airdry it like that?
if so, how long does it take to dry?
does your hair come out wavy from the braids?

thanks!

hair4romheaven

thanks!

I actually leave my cornrows in for at least a month a co wash frequently. (I wear a wig) I now dry at least 70-80 % under the hooded since its cold, i hate to air dry in the winter. When bored i rebraid loose braids a finger detangle. I have no tangles etc. I am doing this until it gets hot because I know i cant wear a wig in the summer and i will be almost a year post. :grin:

sqzbly1908

Checkin in...bought the Baba de Caracol Hair Loss Treatment...it is applied to wet hair before shampooing...Shampooed with PM Super Strong - then used Nexxus Humectress rinsed..then rollerset hair with PM Super Strong Treatment Liquid Leave In, Kerastase Leave In and a little bit of Lotta-Body...

This was a good combination...my hair still had body and volume (washing hair tomorrow morning)

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Had a major exam so I am just now washing my hair....
-Clarified with Suave.
-Washed with CON- green
-And DC with Aphogee 2 min (I guess you can consider that a DC)
I am air drying at the moment.

I will be going back to my cowashing this up coming week, will update you when.

MsSonya

^^ :grin: I used the Aphogee 2min today too for about 30minutes with heat. My bottle is almost empty, don't know if I will purchase again. I like it......but curious about jheri redding, and dudley's, and silicon mix, and.....:rolleyes: Ahh, will the buying ever stop? :ohwell:

4evershika

thanks!

The only time I let my hair completely dry in braids is when I'm doing a bantu knot-out or the rare event that I'm flat ironing my hair... otherwise I do twist-outs. I only do 4 braids so it comes out with big waves and dries overnight usually.

4evershika

checking in: DCing today with ORS Replenishing Condish w/ some unflavored, full fat yogurt mixed in. Dunno if I'm gonna use heat... probably not tho.

This DCing 2x a week (1 moisture, 1 protein) is actually working really well... I'm happy w/ it and counting down til my relaxer.

dimechiq

ckg in.

Taking my iron pills x 2 a day. Working up to 3
Washing, conditioning, moisturizing today. Especially the ends.
Cut the ends of temples yesterday. Plan to dust ends after relaxer this week.
Proteined 2 wks ago.l

Last edited:

Aggie

Good luck ladies on your quest for thicker hair. I will be right on the sidelines cheering everyone on. Go my sistas! Go!

Last edited:

bigbrowneyez

Checking in! I've been keeping my hair in cornrows for the past 2 weeks. I redid them individually last night after using Giovanni TTT shampoo and protein infusion deep conditioner. I also used giovanni deeper moisture. I cowash with my conrnrows in. I'm about 10weeks post, but i have some good new growth!

QurlyQutie

Just checkin' in...so far so good, no heat, mainly twists, co-washing, haven't dusted yet, too chicken...and sealing with coconut oil...until the castor oil challenge starts. I just need my crown to catch up with the rest of my hair...grrrrrr

grow

Good luck ladies on your quest for thicker hair. I will be right on the sidelines cheering everyone on. Go my sistas! Go!

checking in: DCing today with ORS Replenishing Condish w/ some unflavored, full fat yogurt mixed in. Dunno if I'm gonna use heat... probably not tho.

This DCing 2x a week (1 moisture, 1 protein) is actually working really well... I'm happy w/ it and counting down til my relaxer.

ANGIE, YOU ARE THE BEST! THANK YOU!
just to know that someone is there with us, with hair as GORGIOUS as your, gives me strength!:yep: i truly appreciate your fotki and the time, care and love that went into making it!:grin: (i'm using those recipies, too!!! ...and not only!)

Love.Akihsoy, i'm so glad you checked in with your routine outlined!
i've been wanting to try dc ing with yogurt because i've read here where they say it helps with the new growth.....is that what you found?:rolleyes:

please let us know how it worked out as opposed to just using the ors (which i use and LOVE, too) :yep:

hair4romheaven

checking in. have been applying JBCO, BT and a little MN my hair has been improving. Just took 6 week cornrows out I wont do that again intentionally I had so much NG it took hours to do my hair but i enjoyed it its a learning process. So now I'm braided back up for another 4 weeks. ;-)

yodie

Not sure how I missed this challenge, but I'd like to join. It's probably too late, but I'll read through the posts and get ideas and tips from all of you.

Aggie

AGGIE, YOU ARE THE BEST! THANK YOU!
just to know that someone is there with us, with hair as GORGIOUS as your, gives me strength!:yep: i truly appreciate your fotki and the time, care and love that went into making it!:grin: (i'm using those recipies, too!!! ...and not only!)

Love.Akihsoy, i'm so glad you checked in with your routine outlined!
i've been wanting to try dc ing with yogurt because i've read here where they say it helps with the new growth.....is that what you found?:rolleyes:

please let us know how it worked out as opposed to just using the ors (which i use and LOVE, too) :yep:

You are most welcomed, grow.

Bluetopia

I am proud to say that I havent used a blow drier or any other type of direct heat in 6 weeks! :clapping:

a.) airdrying using the ponytail rollerset method and
b.) moisturizing and sealing my edges and ends with my jbco/evoo mix have been a constant part of my new regimen.

i can tell my hair is thickening up nicely because of it :yep:

4evershika

Officially started using my JBCO today... hopefully it will make my hair thicker... I'll be using it to seal and on my scalp. And congrats, Bluetopia on 6 weeks w/o direct heat!!

bigbrowneyez

I got a relaxer this week and although my hair was full BSL (below bra strap), i got a major trim and now its BSB (~1in above BSL). I was growing out my layers and needed to even them out; the back ones are pretty much fully grown out, but i still have face framing layers which will take a while. I am happy with the health of my hair, even tho i lost a good 1.5 inches. I won't be trimming for the rest of the year, so hopefully I will have MBL by august and at least between MBL and WL by the end of the year. This trim really set me back, but my hair is filling out nicely and health comes first! :-D i'm excited to see my progress as the year goes on!

SimplyBlessed

Ladies I see such great progress in ur pictures...I've have seriously been slacking but I plan to get back in gear and hit this challenge with full force...hopefully I get a pass lol

Sorry I have been slacking....

charmtreese

checking in!!!

I've been using Joico Clinicure on my scalp nightly along with JBCO and my hair seems to be responding well. I've been paying special attention to my areas of breakage which take a lot away from my overall thickness in the back of my head. I've also been using Mizani H20 nighttime treatment a few times a week and that has greatly decreased my breakage.

ETA: Oooops, I'm not in this challenge!!! I thought I had joined but then I remembered you had to cw in this challenge!! Good luck ladies!!

Last edited: