~*Thicker Hair Challenge 2009*~ ...6 months progress *PICS*

Qualitee

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=321599

Thicker Hair Challenge2009

Ok challengers its the first week of July(well kind of:look:) and its time to show our progress pics!

This is the back of my hair. I parted my hair straight cross the middle, from ear to ear in both pics.My hair was just relaxed in both pics and I flat ironed my hair as straight as I could.:look: I know my ends look thin but it doesnt matter because I never wear my hair out. I need about 4-5 more inches until the rest of my hair catches up with the longer strands. The longer stands are about MBL:)
hair_picnik.jpghair2_picnik.jpg
First pic late Dec Second June

Challengers
Tanisha77~ is air drying and having regular trims
blasianbeauty
Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll~ is using megatek
buddhas_mom
victorious~monthly hennas, quarterly relaxers and trims/dustings, castor oil added to ORS Olive Oil moisturizer, more mild protein treatments and roller sets.
MissNina
ImFree27~ is using megatek
girlyprincess23
wheezy807
Irie1
Golden75
so so chic
It~Can~Grow~ Air Drying once a week Co washing Dusting Megatek (continue Montly Henna/Indigo Relaxer twice a year
blair
hillytmj
hairbrat_danni
Lady Kay 21
jazitones
~*~ShopAholic~*~
cutenaynay
MsOmri
evsbaby
jamaicalovely
Imani
mzperkins
IWantBSl09
soulie
The Savvy Sistah
guudhair
ChemistryGirl
poeticmusiqu
GirlTalk
LivingDol1
IndianAngel22
Chocsmile
sqzbly1908
evsbaby
Controversial*Diva
Quest4healthyhair
ShantWhite
LivingDol1
amazing
Brownskinned Babydoll
smwrigh3
GrowinLonger
futurescbride
ajacks
Nicole1976
mrsrobertson2005
Aspire
locabouthair
Lisa23
Cream Team
eocceas

Last edited:
Great progress. What did you do to thicken it up?
Thank you! I bunned most of the time. Taking multi vitamins helps stopped my shedding. I started hair drying,Cowashing and combing less. But when I did comb/detangled I would use a seamless comb. Loss less hair too.:yep:

Here's my update. Its 8 months instead of 6 months. So first pic is October 08 til now.

Attachments

• IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3251.jpg
    IMG_3251.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3260.jpg
    IMG_3260.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3276.jpg
    IMG_3276.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 25
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=321599

Thicker Hair Challenge2009

Ok challengers its the first week of July(well kind of:look:) and its time to show our progress pics!

This is the back of my hair. I parted my hair straight cross the middle, from ear to ear in both pics.My hair was just relaxed in both pics and I flat ironed my hair as straight as I could.:look: I know my ends look thin but it doesnt matter because I never wear my hair out. I need about 4-5 more inches until the rest of my hair catches up with the longer strands. The longer stands are about MBL:)
View attachment 37080View attachment 37082
First pic late Dec Second June

Great Job!!

These are from my fotki... 1st one was in Jan, the last two were in mid Jun., which is the most current. I have my hair braided up, which I wear my wigs over.

Sometime in Jan barely covering my neck/jaws:
3-vi.jpg

Mid June, Finally covering my neck and jaws now. Um, as far as thickness, it's gotten thicker, I guess.
S7304167.jpg
after being blowdried.
S7304130.jpg

I just been wigging it up with braids underneath, and been keeping a lot of protein in my regimen. I also always seal with castor oil. I had got a good trimming back in March, and I will be getting my next one in August. Over all I'm content, I started in August with a short cut. :lol:

Here's my update. Its 8 months instead of 6 months. So first pic is October 08 til now.
Buddha I love the way your hair grew and still maintained thick at the ends. What did you do?..........Congrats! Great work!

These are from my fotki... 1st one was in Jan, the last two were in mid Jun., which is the most current. I have my hair braided up, which I wear my wigs over.

Sometime in Jan barely covering my neck/jaws:
3-vi.jpg

Mid June, Finally covering my neck and jaws now. Um, as far as thickness, it's gotten thicker, I guess.
S7304167.jpg
after being blowdried.
S7304130.jpg

I just been wigging it up with braids underneath, and been keeping a lot of protein in my regimen. I also always seal with castor oil. I had got a good trimming back in March, and I will be getting my next one in August. Over all I'm content, I started in August with a short cut. :lol:
Your ends are amazing! I wish I had your ends:love: Great job Keep up the good work!

WOW:blush:

Qualitee, Buddha and Amazing!!! Your hair has thickened up nicely!!

Good job!

Last edited:
Is this thicker hair challenge still going? If not, when is the next challenge going to start? I would like to join!:grin:

I want hair like LynnB :drool:

anymore pics?

So many people join these challenges, but it is so hard to get folks to post their results.

Qualitee, you've done a GREAT job thickening up your hair! I always thought you couldn't get your hair thicker- that it was just genetics. Thank you ladies for showing me otherwise!

So many people join these challenges, but it is so hard to get folks to post their results.

Qualitee, you've done a GREAT job thickening up your hair! I always thought you couldn't get your hair thicker- that it was just genetics. Thank you ladies for showing me otherwise!
Thank you sweet heart :kiss:

Thanks qualitee and taz007! I try to baby my ends as much as possible. I've been getting trims every three months, deep condition weekly with heat for 30 min, moisturize and seal twice daily, I've been alternating flat ironing and rollersetting every other week and stretch relaxers 8-10 weeks. I dc with protein every other week to prevent breakage. That's about it. I think using less heat has helped alot.

Back