thick/finehaired ladies what do you wish that you could do that the other can

Rapunzel*

ive been wanting to write this thread for months but ive always forgot.

thick haired ladies what do you hate that you cant do with your hair that thin haired ladies can do?

thin haired ladies what do you hate that you cant do with your hair that thick haired ladies can do?

me since my hair is so thick and it isnt as long as i want it to be... i really hate it that really fine/thin or both haired ladies can pull their 6-7 inch hair in a pony tail holder without too much manipulation.
but i have to pull my 6-7 inch hair back in a puff to make a pony because its too thick i have fine to medium haired strands but there is still a struggle. my hair is only fine in the back sides and a little in the front but the center of my head man lol

feel free to share yours....i know a lot of u will say i wish i had thick hair etc, lol. sometimes i feel it works when i get it straightenen because its so thick and full after a salon press

I have medium/ine hair and I wish that my buns didn't look so anorexic. Ladies will thick hair have beautiful, full buns. I hate that I have to use a donut or scrunchie to bun. It looks so artificial.

anherica

I have really thick hair with thin strands. I think my main point of frustration is that I have at least 12 inches of hair and still can't do a bun or ponytail. I have a big head too, so that doesn't help. :wallbash:

But come on! I tried to do a bun a month ago and it was like wrestling with a grizzly bear. I guess it's twists for me for a while, until I rest up and try again. :drunk:

LivingDol1

i have thin hair and i wish that i could have a thicker pony tail. sometimes i'll wear a high one and fan it out at the top so that nobody can see the band. when it comes to creating the perfect bun, i have to very craftily make that work. i don't use a scrunchie (sinful! reminds me of that SATC episode when carrie and burger are arguing about the scrunchie) or a donut hole.

and yeah, my braid outs make my hair look thinner and see through so i always wear them up.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I have fine/medium strands and my hair is not very dense. As a result, my braidouts, ponytails and buns are tragically anemic. My only saving grace now is the fact that I'm natural. That alone gives the illusion of thickness because it puffs up, even though it's still not thick.

When I used to get my hair flatironed when I was relaxed ... forget about it. I had to do all kinds of fluffing and other tricks to make it look thick (you know stuff like flip your head upside down, fluff the hair, then flip it back ala Becky). Sad.

I absolutely :heart3: thick hair!!

SelfStyled

My hair is thin, and I wish, I wish I could do a nice hump. Not a crackish looking hump-mine is so pathetic looking.

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
I have thick relaxed hair, and I wish I could do a no heat style (like a bun) that didn't take days to dry. I also wish that I could do a wet set that DIDN'T take hours and hours to dry and be big and poofy and heck even WITH a relaxer.

c.maree626

i have SUPER thick hair... i hate that i have to use like a whole bottle of conditioner lol. it takes a while for my hair to get wet. i swear my hairs are pregnant or something because sometimes it takes 1&1/2 perms =O wait.. that and i have a big head lol. i wish it didnt take me 3 hours to wash blow dry flat iron and style my hair

Rapunzel*

I have really thick hair with thin strands. I think my main point of frustration is that I have at least 12 inches of hair and still can't do a bun or ponytail. I have a big head too, so that doesn't help. :wallbash:

But come on! I tried to do a bun a month ago and it was like wrestling with a grizzly bear. I guess it's twists for me for a while, until I rest up and try again. :drunk:
have u tried using the no slip grip head band and cutting it attaching it to ur head tying it a little and pulling it tight and as u pull u push the head band back and make a pony thats how i do it......hope this helps

eta: heres examples

kblc06

I have most fine/medium hair strands...my only saving grace is that there's a lot of them. I wish my hair would hang heavily and not be so wispy. I also wish I could have a thick full ponytail and individual twists/braids that look like thick ropes

anherica

have u tried using the no slip grip head band and cutting it attaching it to ur head tying it a little and pulling it tight and as u pull u push the head band back and make a pony thats how i do it......hope this helps

I'll have to try that way. Good idea. It's very similar to what I do to make a puff, and looks like a much less stressful technique to make a ponytail than what I was doing. Thanks! :yep:

leilasbest

i have SUPER thick hair... i hate that i have to use like a whole bottle of conditioner lol. it takes a while for my hair to get wet. i swear my hairs are pregnant or something because sometimes it takes 1&1/2 perms =O wait.. that and i have a big head lol. i wish it didnt take me 3 hours to wash blow dry flat iron and style my hair

Absolutely. I know people that can wash, dry and go in 20 minutes. It would be nice not to still be under the dryer when the shop closes down :wallbash:

Seraphina

I have fine strands, but whole lot of hair. I wish I could attempt to put in a hairclip without it breaking or barettes popping out.

Rapunzel*

I have most fine/medium hair strands...my only saving grace is that there's a lot of them. I wish my hair would hang heavily and not be so wispy. I also wish I could have a thick full ponytail and individual twists/braids that look like thick ropes
your hair is beautiful........ and have u tried doing the really thick twists and keep twisting as many loops and u can get the telephone wire look. i wish i had waves of envy:grin:

Rapunzel*

I have fine strands, but whole lot of hair. I wish I could attempt to put in a hairclip without it breaking or barettes popping out.
yes ive broken pony tail holders in the past and my conair comb recently:blush:
i brought a new comb a week ago:lachen:

Rapunzel*

I'll have to try that way. Good idea. It's very similar to what I do to make a puff, and looks like a much less stressful technique to make a ponytail than what I was doing. Thanks! :yep:
it really is because i cont grab my hair in a ponytail if i wanted to

I have fine hair and I wish it would look nice flat ironed. I want it to hang like a heavy curtain instead of looking like a cat combs my hair.

apemay1969

I wish that when I use Fantasia IC gel to slick my hair back into a bun or puff, you couldn't see my brain.

It doesn't matter how long it is - my brains are still visible.:nono:

asubeauty

I wish that I didn't have to rig a bun up fifty gazillion ways so that it doesn't look anorexic.

And it's sad that my hair looks so thin now that it's getting longer. :sad: