Thick juicy tresses

NaturalBeauty<3

Get In Here

Hey gorgeous ladies. I have quite the dilemma.
Like many on here, I have fine hair but give the illusion of thickness, until you wrap your hands around it. When I did my hair with my maxiglde...it looked....fine.
Not..."good" fine. But texture fine.
And I hate it.
This is not usual for me. I love big, bouncy, mouthwatering thickness. I can't think of anything thats changed. No *more than usual* heat damage, no protein/dc overload....nothing.
So, Im lookin for products to plump up my tresses. Not "thicken" my hair, because I know there is a big argument over the actuality of this happening and I don't want this to turn into a "scientifically the probability of this happe-......."
NaturalBeauty: :computer:

Just please give me some products, techniques, ....hell idc, whether you're thick haired or fine haired, that definitely gave your hair ridiculous volume so that I can look even more fabulous than I already do.:grin: Gotsa keep up with you ladies.

Last edited:
Hi OP. I was going to lurk and leave but...since I've recently had (i think) the same dilema this is what I did this weekend I recently started using wheat germ oil to seal in (moisture/protein) leave-in moisturizers, pre-pooing with wheat germ (and/or vatika oils for better protein bonding), adding wheatgerm to my dc mixes (HSR and GPB), and I went back to using my shikakai bar (which always added strength and volume). But remeber if you do use shihakai to use plenty of moisture after (can be somewhat drying for me). Like I used the two cond. mentioned above using more GPB but also added honey and oils.And steamed.

Last edited:
Oh and some of my post got deleted before^^^ (these are just mho) but I had mentioned that I'm doing those things instead of henna (too time consuming right now). But consistent henna use (1-2 times a month for 6-9 months for me) added lots of volume. I had to use thicker hair ties.

Thanks guys! Yeah I've heard a lot about henna helping with thickness...I'll definitely add that to what I'm already doing.
Anyone else have a specific product, like a conditioner or deep conditioner, that added a noticeable amount of volume?

Bump... I'd like to know as well.
I don't plan on trying henna because I don't want it loosening my curls so I was thinking of trying Cassia, but if there's a simpler product that can just help with appearance, I'd rather use that, since I only want it when my hair is straightened and not necessarily all the time.

Back