Thermal Heat Caps for Deep Conditioning

That looks interesting. It should work. But I would be worried about it cooling off too quickly.

Look for the ones you can plug in a beauty supply store. They're about the same price or not much more. That way you can control the heat (mine has hi and lo levels). Anyways I got lucky and found a conditioning cap on sale for $10 @ a beauty supply store a couple of years ago.

I got a goldnhot heat cap at sallys. I just plug it in and it has 3 temp controls. I think it was 15 bucks or so.

gymfreak336 said:
I got a goldnhot heat cap at sallys. I just plug it in and it has 3 temp controls. I think it was 15 bucks or so.

I have that one also. Mine came with a plastic lining, but it was a nuisance, so I threw it away and just use plastic caps.

pinayprincess said:
Does anybody own a heat cap?
I am a college student that can't really travel around with a bulky bonnet dryer, so I was looking into these for deep conditioning. They look convenient. Do you girls think this is a viable heat source?

Link: http://www.salonweb.com/microhaircap/turban.htm

~Ranika

These are great but you might end up buying one every year.

My gel packs popped after a couple of months (but I admitt I left them in the microwave for 2 minutes)

My mom only microwaves hers for 90 seconds, but still last week (after about six months) her gel packs popped. Once those are gone, you can't replace them.

The company doesn't sell replacements. I emailed them and they never emailed back. So, they have great customer service too.

I really love these caps but the gel packs are too unreliable. But I guess they don't cost that much and you can just plan to buy a new thermal cap regularly.

Anyway, I also use the gold n hot heat cap and love it.

I use my thermal cap (without gel packs) when I'm just using body heat for conditioners or to cover up color/conditioner under a plastic bag.

pinayprincess said:
Does anybody own a heat cap?
I am a college student that can't really travel around with a bulky bonnet dryer, so I was looking into these for deep conditioning. They look convenient. Do you girls think this is a viable heat source?

Link: http://www.salonweb.com/microhaircap/turban.htm

~Ranika

I got one of these. It does heat up. I just feel like it is a hassle to heat up the gels. Plus, I always feel like the gels are about to melt when I microwave them. If you want to use it for a long time you will have to reheat the gels. I don't use this much. I wish I bought one with the plugs. I think that would have been more convenient for me.

gymfreak336 said:

I have this one too. It cost 22.99 without a Sally Card. 19.99 without the card. I used my 5.00 off coupon for this month.

Letitia said:
I have this one too. It cost 22.99 without a Sally Card. 19.99 without the card. I used my 5.00 off coupon for this month.
I have it too!! :) I bought mine from texasbeautysupplies.com for only about $20. I love it!:love:

I would have to say Mastex heating cap is the best I have ever tried,gets really hot and last for years.
Gold and Hot does not even compare to Mastex.

LABETT said:
I would have to say Mastex heating cap is the best I have ever tried,gets really hot and last for years.
Gold and Hot does not even compare to Mastex.

Really now?

::editing xmas list::

I got one of these. It does heat up. I just feel like it is a hassle to heat up the gels. Plus, I always feel like the gels are about to melt when I microwave them. If you want to use it for a long time you will have to reheat the gels. I don't use this much. I wish I bought one with the plugs. I think that would have been more convenient for me.

I am not clear, are you heating the gels then inserting into the cap? I have one, have not used it, but the directions say to insert gels into the cap first, then put cap into micro wave at 10 second intervals until you get the desired temp. It also suggests you place a plastic cap on then the heat cap for the actual treatment. This way the gel inserts are not directly exposed to the microwave heat. If I am misunderstanding you, please pardon me. ;0)

Has anyone bought a mastex recently? I was wondering if they fixed the problem with the back not heating evenly??

Back