The Official 2007 Weave/Extension Challenge

ak46

I wanna join :wave: . I plan on wearing weaves all throughout 2007. I already have it mapped out as to when they will be applied, what styles, what type of hair, etc. I might throw some braids in there if I get bored of the weaves but for now I know it's weaves throughout. I will be getting a full weave mid January. I've never had a full weave before...I'm excited.

my regimen is just to:
-wash and d/c weekly
-re-apply weave every month or two
-vitamins
-surge, mtg, and MN

Healthb4Length

RabiaElaine said:
cutebajangirl said:
Im in. I fell off of the 2006 Weave Challenge but I'm gonna stick to this one. I plan to try something different this time around. I plan to wear each style for 3 months at a time. I think this will cut down on the breakage I get when I take them out every 6 weeks to wash for another weave. I will also relax every three months when I change the weave. The first style will be braids with Adorables body wave hair (since that is what I already have in now, lol).

Carla and Alli do you have any pics of your EP RT?[/quote]

I have pics.

www.fotki.com/nubian7
password is hair

This hair seems too good to be true, I have a good hair day everyday, it doesn't shed much, NEVER tangles and no ONE thinks it's a weave...what more could a girl ask for???

Healthb4Length

HoneyDew said:
Do you guys ever reuse the EP hair? It is kinda expensive for me since I can't do my own weave - I have to pay some one. :(

I really want to to Europe this year and I think my weave and braids are going to eat all my cash.

HoneyDew, this will be my third install in Feb with this hair!!! It's so worth it, it pays for it self!

HoneyDew

Alli77 said:
HoneyDew, this will be my third install in Feb with this hair!!! It's so worth it, it pays for it self!

Okay! I am going to give it a go!

I got an email from Reniece saying that she may have some slots open soon. I have been on her waiting list. :look:

I have 2 packs of Zury braiding hair that I bought so I think I might get in one more set in with that.

BUT AFTER THAT - IT'S ON!! I cannot wait to try the EP hair.

One of my woes about weaves in the past has been the hair. I have never been able to find any that matches my texture. :(

ETA: There is one brand that matches well - His and Her Natural Perm straight 50% mink. The problem with that is that the wefts are too thick, in my opinion. The ultra thin weft is just too much $$$$. Perfect match, though.

Last edited:

cutebajangirl

Thanks for the pics Alli77. It looks lovely. Did you ever try the cuticle HisandHer natural straight Honey Dew? I want to try that as well but it is waaaay to pricey for me. I think when I get my tax refund i am gonna go with the EP Relaxed or the cuticle natural straight or the cuticle kinky straight.

msdeevee

I'm in but I have Natural hair and I love the natural look, Does anyone know of any good bohemian texture weaving hair and are there any sites for weave styles? I,ve never had a weave before and I'm trying to look as natural as possible but I'd like a full weave including hairline if I could. Sorry so many ? (new to this) any help appreciated.:confused:

glamazon386

msdeevee said:
I'm in but I have Natural hair and I love the natural look, Does anyone know of any good bohemian texture weaving hair and are there any sites for weave styles? I,ve never had a weave before and I'm trying to look as natural as possible but I'd like a full weave including hairline if I could. Sorry so many ? (new to this) any help appreciated.:confused:

What exactly did you mean by Bohemian? You can check out hairsisters.com to see some types of hair or just go to your local bss and check some hair out in person. When I wear textured hair I usually wear more curly/wavy styles but I haven't tried any coarse looking hair. I know they sell some in the BSS though.

Healthb4Length

Thanks CuteBajan!

HoneyD, you won't be disappointed. I was real nervous at first paying so much for the hair but I'm more than happy now that I have it. It matches real nice and when you blowdry the hair it looks EXACTLY like blowdryed relaxed hair with some body.

HoneyD and CuteBajan, you don't have to order 8oz of hair either. I ordered 6oz and only used 4oz. The hair is full but the wefts are thin so you won't have that bulky look.

Carla From VA

msdeevee said:
I used to get Outre Bohemian, which was great for about a month or so. It was in their gold line, I don't think they make it anymore...but Outre has this other texture spring curl may be close to it. I separated the curls when I had mine in.

HoneyDew

cutebajangirl said:
Thanks for the pics Alli77. It looks lovely. Did you ever try the cuticle HisandHer natural straight Honey Dew? I want to try that as well but it is waaaay to pricey for me. I think when I get my tax refund i am gonna go with the EP Relaxed or the cuticle natural straight or the cuticle kinky straight.

No I tried the 50% Mink and LOVED it. I bought the machine weft and the weft is just too thick. the hair is a great match, though. I bought a sample of the micro thin weft and that thing is THIN!!! I am not sure how they would sew that on!

HoneyDew

Alli77 said:
Thanks CuteBajan!

HoneyD, you won't be disappointed. I was real nervous at first paying so much for the hair but I'm more than happy now that I have it. It matches real nice and when you blowdry the hair it looks EXACTLY like blowdryed relaxed hair with some body.

HoneyD and CuteBajan, you don't have to order 8oz of hair either. I ordered 6oz and only used 4oz. The hair is full but the wefts are thin so you won't have that bulky look.

I look forward to trying it. I am going tostart with 4 oz. Lord knows I don't need to spend this money :look: I am going to just look at it as a means to an end. RabiaElaine said hers has lasted since August :eek:

glamazon386

Carla From VA said:
I used to get Outre Bohemian, which was great for about a month or so. It was in their gold line, I don't think they make it anymore...but Outre has this other texture spring curl may be close to it. I separated the curls when I had mine in.

What does it look like? Spirals? And HoneyDew, you do get your money's worth with the more expensive hair. I didn't go all out and buy top of the line EP hair but when I had that Sensationnel Goddess hair, I did notice the difference in quality from regular BSS hair. I used both batches I bought 3 times each. And that was with washing and going every 3-4 days too.

HoneyDew

bmoreflyygirl said:
What does it look like? Spirals? And HoneyDew, you do get your money's worth with the more expensive hair. I didn't go all out and buy top of the line EP hair but when I had that Sensationnel Goddess hair, I did notice the difference in quality from regular BSS hair. I used both batches I bought 3 times each. And that was with washing and going every 3-4 days too.

I used the Goddess Remi with an Interlock weave. It was too silky for me, but very good quality. I don't like hair that is too silky. It was good right after atouchup, but after the new growth kicked it :eek: It was just too much to blend it for me. I still have apack of that. Ineed to whip that out and see if I can force myself to work with it - I got NO shedding or tangling with that hair.

I used to spend loads of money on hair, but these days my priorities have changed a bit. I want to get new floors in my house and travel out of the country in '07 AND do this WITHOUT the use of creditcards. :look: Girl, it has made me cheap these days!!

Also, I had not gotten braids or weaves in a year. It felt so good to have extra money in the bank. I can't belive how much money I used to spend. :eek:

If I can just get through this until July without having touse credit cards, I will be happy.

I like the idea of using a batch multiple times! I have never tried that.

BMOREFLYGIRL, do you do your own weaves?

HoneyDew

BMOREFLYGIRL, do you do your own weaves or go to a salon?

melodee

i may wanna join this one too, but I have some shedding that I need to get under control first. I'll let you know.

glamazon386

HoneyDew said:
I used the Goddess Remi with an Interlock weave. It was too silky for me, but very good quality. I don't like hair that is too silky. It was good right after atouchup, but after the new growth kicked it :eek: It was just too much to blend it for me. I still have apack of that. Ineed to whip that out and see if I can force myself to work with it - I got NO shedding or tangling with that hair.

I used to spend loads of money on hair, but these days my priorities have changed a bit. I want to get new floors in my house and travel out of the country in '07 AND do this WITHOUT the use of creditcards. :look: Girl, it has made me cheap these days!!

Also, I had not gotten braids or weaves in a year. It felt so good to have extra money in the bank. I can't belive how much money I used to spend. :eek:

If I can just get through this until July without having touse credit cards, I will be happy.

BMOREFLYGIRL, do you do your own weaves?

Hi Melodee! :wave:

HoneyDew, yeah I usually do my own. But my hairs a bit too short and my nails too long for me to cornrow my own hair since I BCed. tThe one I have in now, I went to this girl's house for. I thought the goddess hair looked really silky. Did you get the silky or the yaki? I had the french wave and I was in LOVE. That is my all time favorite hair. It looks so great on me. I can't wait until my own hair grows out like that. Of course my curls will be smaller though. I thought about shelling out the money for the Natural Girl 3c Kinky hair now that I have my first real job but since I like the French Wave so much I can't imagine the NG being much better than that. And it would cost me more than double what I paid for the goddess.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

bmoreflyygirl said:
Yeah I usually do my own. But my hairs a bit too short and my nails too long for me to cornrow my own hair since I BCed. tThe one I have in now, I went to this girl's house for. I thought the goddess hair looked really silky. Did you get the silky or the yaki? I had the french wave and I was in LOVE. That is my all time favorite hair. It looks so great on me. I can't wait until my own hair grows out like that. Of course my curls will be smaller though. I thought about shelling out the money for the Natural Girl 3c Kinky hair now that I have my first real job but since I like the French Wave so much I can't imagine the NG being much better than that. And it would cost me more than double what I paid for the goddess.

It was the yaki. It was very nice and I got so many compliments. It was just too silky for me. Here is a picture:

I has just gotten a touchup, though. That was my first weave and I also knew nothign about taking care of my hair. I think I know more about my hair now and might be able to blend it better.

Nature girl is nice and $$$$ :)

glamazon386

HoneyDew said:
It was the yaki. It was very nice and I got so many compliments. It was just too silky for me. Here is a picture:

I has just gotten a touchup, though. That was my first weave and I also knew nothign about taking care of my hair. I think I know more about my hair now and might be able to blend it better.

Nature girl is nice and $$$$ :)

Wow it looks good! So shiny! I heard the NG 3C hair requires a lot of product to tame it though. And their new Brazilian is pretty much the same texture but is more of a wash and wear. I didn't have to use any product on the french wave. I think I'm just gonna go back to it once it warms up a bit. I can't go out with wet hair in the winter like that.

Last edited:

msdeevee

bmoreflyygirl said:
What exactly did you mean by Bohemian? You can check out hairsisters.com to see some types of hair or just go to your local bss and check some hair out in person. When I wear textured hair I usually wear more curly/wavy styles but I haven't tried any coarse looking hair. I know they sell some in the BSS though.

OK, thanx for the response Bohemian is a type of texture or grade of hair like perm straight or jerycurl .The Bohemian is very curly but not as coarse as afro kinky. I'll do some research thanx again.

glamazon386

msdeevee said:
OK, thanx for the response Bohemian is a type of texture or grade of hair like perm straight or jerycurl .The Bohemian is very curly but not as coarse as afro kinky. I'll do some research thanx again.

Ohhh okay. Kind of like a wet n wavy? The Goddess Remy hair I had looks like that. Here's a picture:

I believe that was the 3rd time I used it. I pinned it up bc it was frizzy and I didn't have time to wash it before I went out.

Penspringz

*runs into the thread, stops and put her suitcase down*

I hope I'm not too late. I wanna be in on the challenge too, bmore.
I have been wearing full sew ins for about 3 months now and plan to do so for the forseeable future.
I plan to wear them 4-6 weeks at a time and not do much else to my hair whilst they are in except MTG and eating plenty of seaweed, drink water and exercise. :)

jaded_faerie

im in!
Im going to try and attempt a sew in...either tonite or tomm.

bmore, how do you go about cornrowing your hair since you BC...i feel as though thats where im going to run into trouble....

glamazon386

jaded_faerie said:
im in!
Im going to try and attempt a sew in...either tonite or tomm.

bmore, how do you go about cornrowing your hair since you BC...i feel as though thats where im going to run into trouble....

Once the synthetic hair gets added in, it doesn't really make a difference. As long as it's longer than an inch or so, it can be braided. I got someone else to do it for me this time because my hair is too short to grip with my nails this long now. She did a good job and all my hair is covered up.

prettypuff1

how do you close your hair once you have the hair in. i want a full sew in but dont know to not have a track showing

glamazon386

Welcome ladies! :wave: Prettypuff, with the curly hair I just kept sewing it in a circle until it closed itself up. Since the hair is puffy on top you can't see where it ends. I haven't mastered the straight hair yet. When I tried to do it, I kind of butted the tracks up against each other in opposite directions and then flipped them over. You couldn't see any tracks. I've only tried it once so I guess I'll get it down after trying a few more times. Someone else did my weave with bangs and I have no clue how she closed it up. There's no tracks showing as long as I brush it the way she had it. She said it's tricky though when she had gotten to that part. HTH...

Last edited: