greenwings23

Hi,
1. keep ends oil, moisturize, and protected,
2. wash hair 1 time only, twice a week
3. deeep condition 2 x a week
4. try protein treatments, help with shedding
5. moisturize, moisturize, moisturize
6. try hair serum for hair loss, for hair stimulant
7. use pepperment oil for scalp stimulation, coconut oil, 2 eggs, and protein conditioner of ur chose....
8. no trimming for 6 months.....
9.no brushing
10. little or no heat if possible.....
11. Cathy Howse book 6" inches or longer in a year.....

snugglez41685

Hi,
1. keep ends oil, moisturize, and protected,
2. wash hair 1 time only, twice a week
3. deeep condition 2 x a week
4. try protein treatments, help with shedding
5. moisturize, moisturize, moisturize
6. try hair serum for hair loss, for hair stimulant
7. use pepperment oil for scalp stimulation, coconut oil, 2 eggs, and protein conditioner of ur chose....
8. no trimming for 6 months.....
9.no brushing
10. little or no heat if possible.....
11. Cathy Howse book 6" inches or longer in a year.....

What is a good hair loss serum?I Live by Cathy's Book. I use her conditioner.

Cxshortie

I have been stuck here for years and I feel like this is where I am supposed to stay since I have been here so long. I wash my hair weekly, using heat once a week.

tt8

I am the same way. My hair really hadnt had a dramatic growth spurt and I am only 1.5 inches past where I started in November. I think I am doing everything right except my protective styles. Its not that I am not doing one but I think my cornrows (constantly) under my wigs need to be switched into different styles. I think it is putting stress on my hair cause its the same, I guess it would the same if I wore a pony tail every day. I think the only thing to be consistent with in hair care is the actual care but not in style if it is restricting the strands. Other than that I can't think of what it could be. I am doing the OCT/Tek challenge and I am going to see how my hair does for ninety days without wearing it in any cornrows.:ohwell:

Summer 74

When you go 6 months without a trim do you have bad split ends? I always though you trim every 10 weeks??? I am so nervous my ends will split I was getting trims every 10 weeks. Maybe that s why it takes me so long to get length

greenwings23

Hi everyone,
I think that cornrows are a nice change but not to wear for long periods cuz it puts to much stress on the temple and nape hairs....when pulled to tightly. A just keep wearing ur hair in protective styles wer the ends are hidden away. The baggie method is good it keeps the ends moisturize....to retain growth go with trims for 6 months.....look at fotki.com/babygurl....u will luv her site...

MissMeWithThatIsh

I've always been SL, but never Full SL.

I'm SL again, but halfway there in the front.
I've been trying to grow out these bangs and get to APL or BSL.

I've been wigging it up, deep conditioning and tweaking/simplifying the regimen. 1 hard Aphogee treatment per month, pre pooing and moisturizing if I can help it.

Vitamins, and a good diet and lots of water as well.

CHECKMATE!

When you go 6 months without a trim do you have bad split ends? I always though you trim every 10 weeks??? I am so nervous my ends will split I was getting trims every 10 weeks. Maybe that s why it takes me so long to get length

STOP TRIMMING YOUR HAIR,I REPEAT,BACK AWAY FROM THE SCISSORS:yep:...there is no general rule as to trimming your hair...I have not trimmed my hair in over a year and I have retained all 6inches...:rolleyes::look:....dust if necessary,meaning: cut off split ends ONLY,:yep:

Summer 74

Im nervous but, ok NO TRIMs until needed. No general rule. Thanks alot!!!! I have been going through a breakage trim start over phase twice, no you know what its been 3 times dating back to 2000. Shoot my hair should be waist length by now!!!! but my hair is back the length it was in 2005 except my sides are shorter :wallbash: I am thankful this time I didn't have to get it cut all off again like in 2000 ( chin length). It is finally growing back looking healthy again. I refuse to go through this again.

SpiritJunkie

god i'm stuck too. i like the idea of the hairzing. i'm going to order one and give the bun/ponytail a break. could be hindering my progress.
i wash once a week.deep condition and moisturize almost daily. i need to change this to DAILY. i am also going to consume more water and eat a lot more healthy and see my results in a couple of months.

thanks for the tips ladies.

miami74

STOP TRIMMING YOUR HAIR,I REPEAT,BACK AWAY FROM THE SCISSORS:yep:...there is no general rule as to trimming your hair...I have not trimmed my hair in over a year and I have retained all 6inches...:rolleyes::look:....dust if necessary,meaning: cut off split ends ONLY,:yep:

This I will start living by religiously. I've been stuck at shoulder length for a long time. My stylist always makes a point to trim my ends when I would get a relaxer every 5 to 6 weeks and it would look like a noticeable cut! And I would always wear my hair down. I was not retaining any length. Now, I am going to attempt my first stretch to hopefully 12 weeks and I am sticking to protective styles, in addition to moisturizing and baggying daily. DC 2x a week and learn all that I can from this forum. I hope I can finally see some results. I think that we can all do this together, if we stick to consistency.

Last edited:

TLC1020

Hey sweetsuccess,
Any style thats not touching your shoulders! I wear a bun all the time for the most part, Since its winter I wear a bun seven days a week and moisturize my ends. Some ladies can grow their hair past SL and beyond without wearing protective styles, I am not one of them :nono:.

what are some simple good protective styling? like what did YOU do?

sweetsuccess

well my hair isnt long enough to put in a bun. i wish it were... what else can i do with my length.. ive never done anything with false hair before.. nor do i rarely pull my hair back..am i suppose to put a fake bun?!

TLC1020

Your hair is so pretty :grin: I remember when my hair was your length and at that time I wore my hair just like you have it in your siggy until it grew enough to put in a bun. I wore it just like that in a bob, I have a picture of my neck length bob in my fotki and that's how I wore it. Sorry if I don't have anymore suggestions but I really don't like rollersets, braidouts didn't really look right at that length, I don't wear braids or weave so that's how I wore my hair.:ohwell:

well my hair isnt long enough to put in a bun. i wish it were... what else can i do with my length.. ive never done anything with false hair before.. nor do i rarely pull my hair back..am i suppose to put a fake bun?!

Cloud06

Such great advice! I'm back a SL. Need to get the layers to catch up.

I might just go back to Cathy Howse routine of wash twice a week one lather deep condition method. It worked when My hair broke off and I seemed to grow better that way.

*Taking notes*

sweetsuccess

ITA agree with protective styling. I haven't had my hair down since I discovered LHCF a month ago & my hair is retaining length VERY well :grin:

My hair doesnt like baggying so I only do that 1ce or 2ce a week. For me, it's Moisturizing, Protecting, No combing, & Leaving it alone!!!!
i know you guys say alot about no combing.. and baggying... so you guys dont wrap your hair at night?!? .. like i use to just go to sleep with how my hair was with no problem back in my young days.. didnt notice any breakage... nor did i have any growing problems... n now that i went to college n my roommates convinced me to start wrapping my hair every night.. n using flat irons.. (whereas before i use to just blowdry and curl it with the curling iron) .... my hair doesnt grow anymore... then i got color which made my hair fall out .. so now ive went from apl all my life.. to stuck at shoulder length for the last 15months! ... i fall into short hair depression all the time. im new to this board.. n just am dying for atleast.. my apl again.. shoot now that i think about it.. im not even shoulder length at this current time.. i got a new years eve cut by a stylist that i love and trust .. n her hair grows like no other.. so now im at NL .. (u can see in my pic in my siggy)... i just want it to groow u guys! any advice? .. like, after reading all these posts... when those who do baggying at night do it.. how do u wear ur hair in the morning.. do you always cover it with a bun or sumthing? and those who dont do baggying.. what do you do at night? ... with my hair being the length it is.. i duno how to go with combing. yesterday i went out and bought the elasta qp mango butter and the aphogee 2min keratin reconstruct. how often should i use both?

TIA yall for all ur help.
LHCF is the best!
xoxo

sweetsuccess

Your hair is so pretty :grin: I remember when my hair was your length and at that time I wore my hair just like you have it in your siggy until it grew enough to put in a bun. I wore it just like that in a bob, I have a picture of my neck length bob in my fotki and that's how I wore it. Sorry if I don't have anymore suggestions but I really don't like rollersets, braidouts didn't really look right at that length, I don't wear braids or weave so that's how I wore my hair.:ohwell:

okay well how did u wear it like this without all the heat? n did u do cowashes and all that?? cuz for my hair to be like this and straight.. i just wash it once a week... blowdry.. do one serious flat iron to get my roots.. than wrap it every night for the next week until my next week wash.. n im sure that regimen isnt gona help my hair grow for the fact ive been doing this for the last 15months n still have this length hair... well today is wash hair day for me.. n im gona try something new.. im going to do silk wraping... roller set for 45mins (or until hair is dry).. then take it out and put in some leavein and wrap my hair then put saran wrap and go bak under the dryer for 15mins (silk wrap learned from pokahontas).... if that works thatll be my style for now on...

so at my length did u cowash n wear ur hair wet? how often did u wash..n what was ur regimen? girll.. i want apl back soooo bad. i was at apl all my life until a 15months ago. n i duno how to get back there.

TIA!!
LHCF is the best!

sweetsuccess

where r my manners.... lol by the way.. THANKS!!! lol i try to keep it cute lol

sweetsuccess

Such great advice! I'm back a SL. Need to get the layers to catch up.

I might just go back to Cathy Howse routine of wash twice a week one lather deep condition method. It worked when My hair broke off and I seemed to grow better that way.

*Taking notes*

whats the cathy howse routine?? .. wash twice a week .. one lather.. meaning.. shampoo once? dc both times or just every other time??

greenwings23

Hi there, read Cathy Howse book, UHB 6" longer 1 year from now...very informative. Wash with ph balance shampoo, protein based, deep condition with UHB DC, use protein treatments, daily moisturizing with lotion such as gold curl free, or wave noveau moisturizing lotion, hair serum for scalp stimulation....no brushing, limited blow drying cuz of the drying effect. Must wash 2 a week every third day.....DC 2 x a week....no cutting, trimming, dusting is allowed.....there you are.....

SpiritJunkie

I would love to get Cathy's book but Amazon got if for $100 plus...(the old edition) they must be CRAZY. if anyone sees it cheaper please let me know.

thanks

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I know how you feeelllllll!

I had to have 4 inches cut in the beginning of February.
My hair is shorter now than it's ever been. :perplexed

I wish I knew what I am doing wrong. I've been here since 2006 and I'm not seeing any progress, just regress. :sad:

Don't mind me... just venting. I did do a really nice rollerset yesterday so that makes me feel better. :yep:

sweetsuccess

silk wrap GONE WRONG !!

helllllllllllllllp...

this is my first week on the board.. n i was trying to do the wash n restrict from using my basic heat tools (blow dry and flat iron)... n i did the rollerset... which by the was a disaster..(i need rollersetting 101).. and i went under the dryer ... let the hair dry.. then sprayd a lil leave in and wrapped it then covered with saran wrap n went under the dryer... my hair was so ugly.. n i wudve had to flat iron it out... but since my roots were still nasty i started all over by cowashing... n now at this present time im sitting under the dryer with lil twist balls on my head doing a different attempt. n if this comes out ugly.. im just gona have to cowash tomorrow and blow dry n flat iron.......

are there any suggestions.. my hair length is in my siggy.. i dont know what else to do... i feel like blow drying and flat ironing is my best bet... but i wana do protective things.. but cant. i need help!!

my regimen today was:

prepoo with egg n olive oil with a cap for 20mins
shampoo with sunsilk hydra tlc (luv it!!!!)
conditioned with sunsilk hydra tlc (luv itt!!!)
deep conditioned with pantene deep penetrating mask with a cap for 30mins
washd out and rollerset with my own remedy of tea tree oil, lotta body setting lotion, and a vitamin e, aloe, and ttree oil mixture...
and before the silk wrap i used kenra light weight leave in

if there are any corrections or advice for me... plz help??

(i also switch my regimen from time to time n use kera care hydrating shampoo and humecto conditioning instead of the sunsilk)

TIA

greenwings23

I would love to get Cathy's book but Amazon got if for $100 plus...(the old edition) they must be CRAZY. if anyone sees it cheaper please let me know.

thanks
nooo! they have it for 14.95 for UBH Hair Growth ll, at Amazon .com also go to her website ultrablackhair.com, very informative

tt8

I started the Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega-Tek Challenge and I am going to try something new...I am going to unsubscribe to this thread and try to claim APL! If I keep saying Im stuck at SL (collar-bone) I will be. Wish me luck... But come take a look at the posts and see if its something you guys wanna try...

greenwings23

Hi there, TT8
I wish u happy growing, it is a bit 2 pricey for me...I just had my hair touched up post 12 weeks...I have been following the Cathy Howse Challenge and I like the progress...with the 2 x wk wash with ph shampoos (Lamas Botanicals Chinese Herb stimulating shampoo, ApHogee hydrating Damaged hair shampoo, & Avacor scalp detoxic shampoo. DC deep condition with UHB ultrahair dc Cathy Howse products...very good, ApHogee 2 step protein treatments, alternate with Crudoleum Hair Oil/Rinse for scalp stimulation, great for luster, thickness for hair...Homemade protein conditioner,...I also purchase some Dominican products, Apretadora,Apretol-15 capilary treatments9nnamon &rosemary, Miel & leche rinse , Silicon Mix, (whew) hair serum for scalp stimulation, Gold curl free moisturizer, wavw nouveau moisturizer, daily moisture....no brushes, heat applicances, however, I have been using blow dryer cuz of the fast growth.......

prettypuff1

Well its me again. the one who made this thread almost a year ago and guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM STILL STUCK:wallbash::wallbash:

I guess what frustrates me the most is that i see women who come in after i joined, and they hit APL beofre i do. Now i am most there but it took me about 18 months to go from NL to APL....

I just dont understand. I try to protective style, but i bun for a week and then my edge start to act up. I wear it down, then poof split ends land. I have tried to be more consistent with my routine, but when it comes to getting the same smooth shiny results that everyone else gets, it just doesnt happen for me..

I tried to do a straw set, I looked like a poodle. Roller set, puffy roots and limp curls, silk wraps haha... . I just dont know. I am beginning to lose faith in the site because well, nothing has worked.But then i see all the curlformers reviews and wonder if that will work, but i still get the massive tinge that says, Not gonna work.

To say that i am frustrated is beyond the word for it.

kayte

I've been avoiding the hair threads and focused on off topic because I have not wanted to deal with my hair is also being stuck at SL
but with some at APL
but not enough that I can say I am APL..
It's gotten there and then broke off

a lot of it was torn by two stylists working on my hair simultaneously who did not know how to detangle thick AAhair except by ripping out with their combs:nono: