Any other ladies stuck at Neck Length?? :-(

angenoir

Ladies

I had a very short hair cut in May 2008. Short back and sides and slightly longer crown. I started growing out my hair and by Dec 2008 I was at NL.

The sad thing is that now, July 2008, I am STILL at NL. Some strands are grazing SL but I am not fully there yet. I am so frustrated because my goal was to be full SL in May 2009 :wallbash:. I have had to push my goal to Dec 2009.

I protective style (braids and sew-ins mostly), I DC, my hair seems to be quite healthy... It seems to be growing because I do have some new growth when I touch up. Its just growing soooo S.L.O.W.L.Y especially compared to last year.

Any other ladies stuck at NL????

Platinum

I'm in the same boat with you. It seems like I've been stuck at NL forever.:cry3: When I started my HHJ, I was EL with severe breakage and a few bald spots. This came from a stylist that insisted that I get a relaxer immediately before having a sew-in installed. After I joined LHCF, I started noticing some improvement in the condition of my hair. You can say that I grew a new head of hair within a year but after a few nape setbacks and clipping damaged ends, I realize that I'm still stuck at NL. :wallbash: I'm 13 weeks post and have a few strands touching SL.

I'm transitioning now and my nape is growing in nicely. Hopefully, I will make full SL by Oct.

angenoir

You're going natural? That is great. I am about 13 weeks post too but I am not transitioning. I am just doing a long stretch to end of the year because I have also been struggling with a bald spot. The hair is coming o
in now but I still its still too weak to relax.
I just want to make sure when I do a touch-up I do it on healthy strong hair. Also I want to avoid an overlap.

I have fine hair so I am also going to use a milder relaxer to avoid overprocessing.

Good luck. I think you will make it by October. I am hoping I make it by Dec.

Are you using any growth aids? I have been using Megatek on and off but now I am determined to be a bit more consistent.

I'm in the same boat with you. It seems like I've been stuck at NL forever.:cry3: When I started my HHJ, I was EL with severe breakage and a few bald spots. This came from a stylist that insisted that I get a relaxer immediately before having a sew-in installed. After I joined LHCF, I started noticing some improvement in the condition of my hair. You can say that I grew a new head of hair within a year but after a few nape setbacks and clipping damaged ends, I realize that I'm still stuck at NL. :wallbash: I'm 13 weeks post and have a few strands touching SL.

I'm transitioning now and my nape is growing in nicely. Hopefully, I will make full SL by Oct.

msa

Some people are just slow growers, and if you are then you need to focus on retaining everything. Maybe your hair is not getting something it needs. You should go through your regimen in detail and try to figure out what could be having a negative impact.

angenoir

You're right. I am a slow grower. BUT I think being NL for almost 7 months is still a bit much.
I will have another look at my regimen and maybe tweak it.

Some people are just slow growers, and if you are then you need to focus on retaining everything. Maybe your hair is not getting something it needs. You should go through your regimen in detail and try to figure out what could be having a negative impact.

Renovating

You're right. I am a slow grower. BUT I think being NL for almost 7 months is still a bit much.
I will have another look at my regimen and maybe tweak it.

Also, please keep in mind that your diet and your stress levels can hinder growth.

mzsophisticated26

I have been at NL for a while. I came from a short hair cut May/June 08 also. My sides are not even and the front is still at Ear length. I am hoping that I can get the back to SL atleast by Dec.09. I usually wear alot of protective styles that's how I got to NL. I started back doing that 3wks ago going forward.

angenoir

I am doing the same. Actually I am just about your length but my ends are nothing as healthy as yours... mine are abit scraggly

I have been at NL for a while. I came from a short hair cut May/June 08 also. My sides are not even and the front is still at Ear length. I am hoping that I can get the back to SL atleast by Dec.09. I usually wear alot of protective styles that's how I got to NL. I started back doing that 3wks ago going forward.

Platinum

You're going natural? That is great. I am about 13 weeks post too but I am not transitioning. I am just doing a long stretch to end of the year because I have also been struggling with a bald spot. The hair is coming o
in now but I still its still too weak to relax.
I just want to make sure when I do a touch-up I do it on healthy strong hair. Also I want to avoid an overlap.

I have fine hair so I am also going to use a milder relaxer to avoid overprocessing.

Good luck. I think you will make it by October. I am hoping I make it by Dec.

Are you using any growth aids? I have been using Megatek on and off but now I am determined to be a bit more consistent.

Yes, I'm going natural.:yep: I've done a couple of 6 month stretches since I've joined LHCF and I noticed that stretching helped me. My first growth aid was MN (not sure why I stopped:sad:), then MTG (couldn't do with the scent doing last summer), then I moved on to Megatek (I got some thickness but I didn't get the miracle length like some of the other ladies got). I'm back on MN now.

Also, please keep in mind that your diet and your stress levels can hinder growth.

I totally agree. That's another problem I was having in the past.:sad:

PDub

It took me 5 long months to go from top of the neck to bottom of the neck!!! I am indeed a slow grower. What is helping me tremendously is eliminating all heat. I rock braid outs every single day. No heat, no heat, no heat!! I hope to reach full SL by the end of the year. We'll see.........:perplexed

Last edited:

nubiangoddess3

I was stuck at Neck for 1 year... then I got a 1 inch trim when I straighten my hair in May and my hair is shoulder length.

I thought my hair just grew extra slow , but no my hair needed a trim , so now I get my hair trim every 2 months

Ruby True

bump anyone else having this problem because I seem to be an extra slow grower:whyme:. My hair is too short to bun even though I bought alot of cute hair accessories. I think my reggie is good but I feel like I am :deadhorse:

VirGoViXxEn

i was stuck at neck lenght for about a year. My siggy is a good idea of where i was. This Jan. i started wearing full wigs and cornrowing underneath. washing, aphogee 2 min and dc every two weeks. I eliminated heat completely and stretch for 6 months. i also dust my ernds every 6 weeks. I am a little past SL now with tons of NG. I am hoping for APL by Dec.

chelleypie810

Yup I've been at nl for a hot minute now. But I'm just gonna let it grow and stop worrying about it so much. my reggie is good and I know it'll grow so..yup. I'm just having fun styling it for now and wearing wigs also.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Its great looking back at old threads b/c based on the siggies in this thread, majority of the ladies are waay past NL now :yep:

I'm at NL I am hoping for SL before the end of this year!!

Imani

I've been at neck length off and on for my entire life. My hair has been brushing shoulder a few times in my life, but never full shoulder.

The last time I was shoulder was about 2 years ago, and it only lasted for about 4 months before it thinned out again.

It is mostly due to a patch of sensitive scalp/rough hair in the back of my head. Hopefully this will be my year to get to shoulder and stay there and maybe even make full shoulder. I was reading about another member on here who has problems in the same spot as me, who said she is anemic, so I may have my doctor look into that, and in the meantime step up my vitamins that have iron in them (this last time I made shoulder, I was actually faithfully taking my vits). Also, I am transitioning, last relaxer was 9 months ago. I also have a dermatologist appointment next Friday.

So, hopefully, between going natural and talking with some medical professionals, I will make shoulder this year.

Janet'

Its great looking back at old threads b/c based on the siggies in this thread, majority of the ladies are waay past NL now :yep:
I'm at NL I am hoping for SL before the end of this year!!

YES!!!! I guess we all have our ruts...mine was SL, but it seems looking back that most have gotten past it...that gives the ladies who are currently stuck hope!

I seem to be stuck at shoulder length, which isn't much better, and this is really getting me down :cry:. I put a goal of APL to reach by December 2009, but I've passed that date and I am still SL! Grrrrr :wallbash:! I'm so at a loss right now, I dunno what to do but keep trying and hoping :ohwell:

LadyRaider

Make sure you are taking pictures. That's the only way to track your progress. You might be forgetting just how short your hair was in the first place. And sometimes you have a growth spurt in the back, and then sometimes it moves to the sides.

Believe me, I'd be whining about my year's progress if it wasn't for this:

Attachments

• year 1.jpg
    year 1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 25