Stuck at SL support thread

charmtreese

Im stuck too!!!:wallbash:

Ive been between sl and apl for about a year now!!!! My biggest issue was finding a moisturizer that actually moisturizes my 4b texlaxed hair. I tried just about everything and nothing seemed to work. However I recently stumbled on a something that may help me out in that dept. Ill give it a week or two to make sure that my hands and eyes arent playing tricks on me before I give my rave reviews. :look:

TLC1020

How I am getting over the SL hump is by doing protective styles 95% of the time and it really is working.. You have to keep your hair off your shoulders...

Chiba_revolution

Wait am shoulder lengthed too, just wondering once -if- I get passed this to say APL would I be able to wear out my hair more often?

**WonderWoman**

:2cool:I'm getting past my SL (w/ that exception of stubborn layers taking its time) but I'm definitely past the shoulders...he he he

P.S. - I have not let my hair since joining LHCF about a month ago

Miss*Tress

Protective styles helped me get past shoulder length. However, do not, I repeat, do not wear buns or ponytails when at SL. Those two styles stress hair if you have to pull tightly to get everything into the clip or elastic.

I highly recommend the peacock twist. This is what I wore most days until my hair reached the length in my March 2005 pic below. You can use a hair stick, good day pins, or a comb to hold your hair in place. If you like you can tuck the ends under, but as long as they're not rubbing on cotton or wool clothing, you can leave the "tail" out as shown in the video.

Last edited:

Lavendar

Protective styles helped me get past shoulder length. However, do not, I repeat, do not wear buns or ponytails when at SL. Those two styles stress hair if you have to pull tightly to get everything into the clip or elastic.

I highly recommend the peacock twist. This is what I wore most days until my hair reached the length in my March 2005 pic below. You can use a hair stick, good day pins, or a comb to hold your hair in place. If you like you can tuck the ends under, but as long as they're not rubbing on cotton or wool clothing, you can leave the "tail" out as shown in the video.

Wow...great styles. I love that comb they are using. I'm definitely getting one....Thanks!

Hair Peace

I've started to do this too just last month. I rollerset on satin rollers and then finger comb into place. That way my "tail" is curly. I was getting bored w/ the bun anyway. Hope to make it to APL by the end of the year...:wiggle:

Spidergul

I've been at shoulder length for decades!:nono: What's really bad is that after I came here it got worse!!! I have no regiment. Nothing seems to work. My hair is never moistrized, it is always dry or dry looking. And hard, let's not talk about hard. I have gone back to basics. I was buying this buying that to no avail! I think I will just get a good trim/cut and start from there.:ohwell:

MACgirl2k2

Hello. Im a lurker who's trying to break out of my shyness. I have been stuck at shoulder lenght since 2005. I think I need to go back to a salon and get a shape cut in my hair and possibly trim up to chin lenght. My hair is doing some weird things shedding everytime I wash and dry it. The right side is longer than my left side....:nono:

kbfluff

Yeah! I think if u bite the bullet like most ladies on here and just protective style for the entire year ur bound to retain something !!!
As for me...I'm weavin it up for ALL of 2008! I had better get my 6 inches all these scientists and hair gurus claim that folks get annually at the least or else I'm gonna...:wallbash:Im gonna....:wallbash:I'm gonna!!!!!:wallbash:
Start over next year and try again...lol:spinning:

scarcity21

Yeah! I think if u bite the bullet like most ladies on here and just protective style for the entire year ur bound to retain something !!!
As for me...I'm weavin it up for ALL of 2008! I had better get my 6 inches all these scientists and hair gurus claim that folks get annually at the least or else I'm gonna...:wallbash:Im gonna....:wallbash:I'm gonna!!!!!:wallbash:

^^^^me too...i better reach APL by 12/2008 or else............
I will be PSing but I think the OP just created a thread asking if she made APL...by looking at her pics...i think she did

sareca

:2cool:I'm getting past my SL (w/ that exception of stubborn layers taking its time) but I'm definitely past the shoulders...he he he

P.S. - I have not let my hair since joining LHCF about a month ago

Congrats! :flowers: I just reached APL last month. :yay: On to BSL... finally!
Keep working at it ladies, your hard work will be rewarded. :yep:

Last edited:

Aveena

I'm stuck at shoulder length or pre-shoulder length. I've had a couple of setbacks this year BUT I've grown out many of my layers. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Aveena

I think I'm going to weave and braid all of 2008. I keep my hands in my head too much otherwise. -f

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Just wanted to chime in here to show my support cause I've been at shoulder length for most of my life! I don't believe I'm "stuck" though...my hair has been growing tremendously since I joined LHCF and is already past SL (although not full like I hoped for). Keep your head up ladies - it WILL happen!

Frustrated

Don't feel bad I feel the same way. I can tell that instead of alot of length my hair is fuller. Just continue to moisturize and seal and hopefully that will work for everyone.

Queen V

I've just barely made it to SL with hair that's finally healthy, but I am SOOOOO anxious about getting stuck en route to APL. I haven't been APL since I was 11 years old!!! :( So now that I'm getting to the point of possibly achieving lengths that I haven't ever had as an adult, I have no idea if I'm going to be able to do it!

My plan is to keep doing what I've been doing (MOISTURE, co-washing, protective styles, and vitamins). Hopefully that'll get me past this point with healthy hair.

Ms.AmerAKA

I'm a newbie, but I feel everyone's pain on being stuck at SL!!! It is soooo frustrating!!! :wallbash: My hair will not grow past SL, but I think my problem is due to retention more than growth. My hair has the funniest tendency to break! I have been reading up on protective hairstlyes and now I understand that I need to protect and baby my hair as well as moisturize, moisturize, moisturize in order for my hair to keep from breaking. Friday I am going into braids so hopefully this will give my hair a chance to grow without being over manipulated (did I mention that my hands are in my hair all the time?). I also plan on drinking more water, taking vitamins, and eating healthier. :grin:

Last edited:

Sade'

LMAO!!! :lachen:That was funny...

greenwings23

hi, im a newbie and from all the information that i acquired through sites such as fotki. LHCf, and BHM, continue to moisturize, shampoo, cut or limit heat, excesive brushing, find, search the most reliable hair products that will enhance your hair growth capabilities.....it does require a lot of energy, but worth it.... also check the growth pattern of ur hair? growth enhancers such as hair serum for scalp treatments, protein treatments stop shedding, and breakage...:bookworm::bookworm:greenwings23.jpg

Attachments

• growth chart 2.jpg
    growth chart 2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 20

BriansWife

I am a newbie as well............I feel the same way, my hair grows, trim my ends and I am back to were I started. It feels like I get no progress once my hair goes beyond SL, I am in :perplexedbetween SL and APL.......I guess they call it SLAP!

Last edited:

snugglez41685

I sooo need some support right now. My hair is just pissing me off!!! At least my ends are blunt due to a trim/dusting I did about a month ago. And the area where I had breakage on the middle left side is growing back. but I'm sill at should length. It's been like this before i joined LHCF. I mean I had some good progress in the past but never close to APL. I just give up!