product suggestions for low porosity hair?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
faithVA southerncitygirl divachyk

Thanks ladies! I'll definitely give these oils a try and work them into my regimen b/c the benefits sound great :lick: ...

I was just scurred that they would make my low porosity worse based on the description

Question for everyone:
Anybody have success with castor oil? If so how do you use it?

It's heavy & thick but is supposed to have humectant properties.

You're welcome NappyRina. I use jbco on my scalp to soften ng. I use laxative castor for heavy sealing and/or GHEing (green house effect). Again, no issues.

Incognitus

I have low porosity hair and my regi does not consist of many steps. I shampoo twice to ensure my hair absorbs enough water. I always DC with heat. I steam about 95% of the time and the other 5% I will use a conditioning cap. I moisturize 1x daily. Seal periodically on an as-needed basis. I baggy my ends nightly only because to keep them nicely moisturized. My hair dislikes Roux PC, AVJ, and Glycerin (even when used in appropriate weather conditions). ETA: Using quality products has helped me to manage my porosity issue. Beforehand, I felt like I was always at war with my hair but I no longer look at my low porosity as a burden since incorporating quality products.

divachyk You mention use of 'quality product' in several posts. Do you mind giving a few examples please? Thanks.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Incognitus

Shampoo
CON Argan (moisture)
Bee Mine Botanical (moisture/cleansing)
AfroVeda Amala Deep Cleanse (clarifying)

Moisture Conditioners
Aubrey Organics White Camellia
Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose
Bee Mine Beeutiful Moisturizing
Hairveda SitriNillah

Protein Conditioners
Ion Effective Care Treatment

Shedding
Alter Ego Garlic
Claudie's Tea Rinse
Tea Rinsing with loose leaf teas

Moisturizers (daily)
Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream
Bee Mine Hair Milk

Leave In (wash day)
Bee Mine Hair Milk

Oil/Butters

Avocado oil
Avocado Butter
Argan oil
Gleau oil
Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade

Spritz
Bee Mine Juicy
Oyin Juices & Berries

Miscellaneous
Mizani H20 (breakage control)
Claudie's balancing ends assurance
Hair Steaming
Oil Rinsing - Wheat Germ Oil
Pre-pooing - Evco to prevent hygral fatigue
LOCO method: liquid, oil, conditioner, oil

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I have low po hair and I avoid sulphates, heavy silicones (amo- and di-methicone are ok) heavy butters like Shea (butters in the theobroma and persea are good) more natural conditioners with less preservatives and small amounts of ingredients, and stick with keratin, silk and soy protein (they help with rebuilding the shaft that is already subject to damage because it is so closed).

Sent from my Gramatically Incorrect iPhone