Product absorption and Low Porosity

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
How are natural low porosity heads getting products to be absorbed? when I place products on my hair, it doesn't get absorbed unless I place it on my hair overnight with a plastic cap. I don't want to have to do this daily.

My texture is 4a/b dense, fine and low porosity.

I also have low porosity hair. I baggy every night. Steaming or DCing with heat also helps.

Sent from my EVO

It could be the products your using. I noticed the consistency of products really matter for my hair. My hair won't absorb thick creamy products so I try to stay away from them.

It could be the products your using. I noticed the consistency of products really matter for my hair. My hair won't absorb thick creamy products so I try to stay away from them.

I've noticed the same thing. Thinner conditioners work better than thick conditioners. And butters work better if they are mixed with oils to thin them out some.

TopShelf, what types of products are you having issue with?

I had to experiment with oils. Light oils work best for me sunflower, wheat germ oil. Heavier oils I can use ok if I oil rinse.

Things with wax in them don't work well at all. Anything that looks white is usually an issue and makes my hair look dull.

So I stick to things that have natural ingredients, oils, butters, AVG and that are light to medium weight. I may also stagger application and apply my leave-in, let it soak in and then apply everything after that.

I tried EVERYTHING. When everything else failed, I dyed my hair. Now, it absorbs and holds moisture wonderfully.

Thanks ladies. I normally use thick products and that may be it. I like the way thick products feel once absorbed but its hard getting to that point. I do have some thinner consistency products left from my relaxed days so maybe I'll start using those again.

*CherryPie* I was actually thinking about dying my hair because I do recall never having this issue years ago when my hair was dyed. What dye do you use?

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

Last edited:
Back